Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Notwithstanding my negativity and my comments that no Toronto dealer was ordering the MY21 I-Pace, I was apparently misinformed. Yesterday I got an email advising that a fully-loaded 2021 Fuji White HSE will be landing in Toronto in the first week of February. The first 2021 in Canada (and likely in North America). And it could be mine!

Alas, it might be a bit too fully-loaded for me, insofar as it has 22" wheels, and a few other extras that I'm not desperate for. But it does give me grounds for optimism regarding the future of the I-Pace in Canada.

I was also very impressed by the candour and honesty of the sales rep.

Feel free to PM me if you're in the GTA and interested in a 2021.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
728 Posts
This is VERY good news for us all!! Thank you for letting us know! Today has been a very good day for North America, LOL!

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,041 Posts
jaguar.ca allows you to configure a 2021 I-PACE.
jaguarusa.com does not (yet).

·
Registered
279 Posts
Notwithstanding my negativity and my comments that no Toronto dealer was ordering the MY21 I-Pace, I was apparently misinformed. Yesterday I got an email advising that a fully-loaded 2021 Fuji White HSE will be landing in Toronto in the first week of February. The first 2021 in Canada (and likely in North America). And it could be mine!

Alas, it might be a bit too fully-loaded for me, insofar as it has 22" wheels, and a few other extras that I'm not desperate for. But it does give me grounds for optimism regarding the future of the I-Pace in Canada.

I was also very impressed by the candour and honesty of the sales rep.

Feel free to PM me if you're in the GTA and interested in a 2021.
Thats good news. The 22 inch wheels have less range and are easy to damage - look great though. Actually say another Ipace in my neighborhood today. Black - first one I've seen in a few weeks. Which dealership is getting that Ipace?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Guys:

Just met with my sales guy who has been with the Jaguar dealership for over 20 years.

He told me that there will NOT be a 2021 I-Pace for the USA. The next I-Pace in the USA will be a 2022, with production starting this June.

This is what the dealer told me. They are a big Jaguar dealership and, as I said, he has been there over 20 years, so I assume he knows what he is talking about but take this information for what it is worth.

Roger

·
Registered
983 Posts
Now that’s really bizarre!

I'm trying to think of any car manufacturer that actually skipped a model year. Can't think of one.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Is there going to be something different with the 2022 model year?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,041 Posts
It could be an affect of the virus on production for 2021. It is a bit late in the model year to start building NAS vehicles and shipping them. Canada is a smaller market and are closer in build to European market vehicles so a few may make it there.

Then there's the chip shortage affecting vehicle production for many manufacturers. Is it affecting Magna Steyr and all the various models they build in Graz?

Jaguar may have assessed the whole situation and decided it isn't worth the effort for low sales, and devote resources to 2022 instead. I'm still hoping to see the XJ EV (someday).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Canada is a smaller market and are closer in build to European market vehicles so a few may make it there.
I don't follow the industry closely, but I think that historically there were (or are) just a few differences between Canadian specs and American specs, and I'm guessing that some of these may no longer be relevant.

-Canadian cars require speedometers configured in kilometres. But with digital displays that's just software.
-Canadian cars have for many years required daytime running lights. I believe that in most jurisdictions in the USA the lights are permitted but not required, but many imports have them.
-Canadian cars need anchors for child car seats. I'm guessing that Canada adopted standards which were in place elsewhere, and presumably are now standard everywhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got my 2020 in august of 2019 so we are already halfway thru the model year and still no 21s so there might be something to that. they will just wait till mid year and breakout the 22 models.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Now that’s really bizarre!

I'm trying to think of any car manufacturer that actually skipped a model year. Can't think of one.
Mercedes did not produce a 2010 SL560. We bought one of the last 2009s at huge discount. I guess that model got crushed by the recession.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats good news. The 22 inch wheels have less range and are easy to damage - look great though. Actually say another Ipace in my neighborhood today. Black - first one I've seen in a few weeks. Which dealership is getting that Ipace?
The dealership is Brampton JLR. It's on the website now, but (as is typically the case) they do not get into the specifics regarding options and packages, but it is quite loaded.

Also heard that Lakeridge in Ajax has two HSEs coming in. Sadly, one of them has the Mars Red interior, the other has the Oyster interior. Both deal-breakers for me.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I got my 2020 HSE in mid-July of 2019. Ordered it in April 2019, just at the European model year changeover was happening (typically March). So not too surprising for them to start taking 2022 orders just a couple months earlier (Feb) than when I placed my order (April). Covid changes everything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts