Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello community.

I am interested in buying a new i-pace here in the US. I am really confused. There are very few available, and I see mostly 2019 models and a couple of 2020s nearby.

I understand the recent model changes are worthwhile (new infotainment, faster charging) and am wondering how/when you go about getting the most recent model year - unclear if thats 2021 or 2022. My local dealer says you can build and order on the website, but they are still showing 2020s. I have also heard that maybe there is no 2021 and they are jumping right to 2022? And either way, nothing seems available beyond a couple of 2020s...does anyone have an idea when that is set to change? My dealer did not...

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 S Fuji White
11 Posts
Hello community.

I am interested in buying a new i-pace here in the US. I am really confused. There are very few available, and I see mostly 2019 models and a couple of 2020s nearby.

I understand the recent model changes are worthwhile (new infotainment, faster charging) and am wondering how/when you go about getting the most recent model year - unclear if thats 2021 or 2022. My local dealer says you can build and order on the website, but they are still showing 2020s. I have also heard that maybe there is no 2021 and they are jumping right to 2022? And either way, nothing seems available beyond a couple of 2020s...does anyone have an idea when that is set to change? My dealer did not...

Thanks!
My dealer said that the US will not get any 2021 just based on the shipping problems and poor sales.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a new 2019 this past December.

I have had good cooperation from my local dealer, even though I bought from a dealer 500 miles away.

The software has been updated a couple of times and I have done the nav updates.

The estimated range shown on the driver display is more than 250 miles on a full charge.

We get a LOT of envious looks and compliments and , most importantly, feel VERY good driving the car.

I always score the wisdom of a purchase if after a few weeks I would make that purchase again. I would for sure..

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's kinda crazy. Here in the UK there are currently a thousand I-Pace adverts on Autotrader (although some will be new car ads). There are pre-registered 2021 models all the way to first Editions, of every colour and spec. It's mad that you can't get one in the US!

As far as I know, the current new model is the MY21, which first appeared in 2020. Any model with the Pivi Pro system is bang up to date. Really hope you can get hold of one, though it might involve a bit of travelling!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I thought a few 2021s had posted on this site. I have noticed that most Jag dealers are low on new inventory on all their cars. I suspect it may be do to the computer chip shortages. The UK site for Jaguar has 2022 I-Paces listed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it seems like in the US its going straight to 2022 - thats what I am hearing but I am not positive.
also it seems the most recent model I may find is the 2020...

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Hello community.

Thanks!
Hello community.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Hello community.

Thanks!
It looks like Jaguar.com finally updated the custom build section for US buyers. I did a custom build to see what was dif and there were a few things. It wasn't giving prices or even saying if I was building a 2021 or 2022 but it def changed from previous months. I have also been looking for 2021 models in the US and can't find any. I spoke w a Jaguar US rep about an unrelated issue and asked them y there r know 2021 models and they were unaware that there weren't any but they said 2022's were about to come out so that's probly what the new custom builds on their site r. Anyway I just wanted to let u know that and that Idk how far u r from the northeast but if u search Jaguar Glenn Cove u will see 7 models for sale. Most of them are 2019's but they are discounted at almost 20k! Plus the tax credit and you can b in a "new" I-Pace for over 25k off the sticker. The other option obvi is to pay close to 90k for similarly equipped 2022 model. Good luck w ur choice n on your hunt.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
It looks like Jaguar.com finally updated the custom build section for US buyers. I did a custom build to see what was dif and there were a few things. It wasn't giving prices or even saying if I was building a 2021 or 2022 but it def changed from previous months. I have also been looking for 2021 models in the US and can't find any. I spoke w a Jaguar US rep about an unrelated issue and asked them y there r know 2021 models and they were unaware that there weren't any but they said 2022's were about to come out so that's probly what the new custom builds on their site r. Anyway I just wanted to let u know that and that Idk how far u r from the northeast but if u search Jaguar Glenn Cove u will see 7 models for sale. Most of them are 2019's but they are discounted at almost 20k! Plus the tax credit and you can b in a "new" I-Pace for over 25k off the sticker. The other option obvi is to pay close to 90k for similarly equipped 2022 model. Good luck w ur choice n on your hunt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts