Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
There is one (at least there is one in ICTP)!

Press find on the left while playing:
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to try a USB drive vice iPod. All I get is a list when I search for album, artist or genre. I've changed the settings to display a carousel or grid with no luck. I shouldn't complain. The voice command works well with audio. It's my memory that fails and I can't always remember what I want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I suppose in order to respect other people? And it's illegal: Directive Annex V section 4.6: If an indication of processes such as changes from set to unset is provided, it shall be optical.

As an american tourist said: "Is this an American thing? In Europe I never ever hear cars beep when locked/unlocked, just the mechanical sound of the central locking and flashing the hazard lights once when unlocked, double when locked successful and triple when lock failed(door not closed properly).
Having your car make a loud sound for lock/unlock just creates more noise in the neighborhood."
In the US, EVs have to make a sound when they are in reverse. I heard in Europe they have to make a sound when they are going slowly so pedestrians can hear the car. Is that true?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to try a USB drive vice iPod. All I get is a list when I search for album, artist or genre. I've changed the settings to display a carousel or grid with no luck. I shouldn't complain. The voice command works well with audio. It's my memory that fails and I can't always remember what I want.
I have a huge USB Library, it barely fits on a 128GB USB drive. The Default scroll screen is unworkable. I recently found the Artist list (Folder view) and that helps. Voice has been hit or miss. I need to figure out if you can do Favorites to see a subset. It wouldn't be as big of a PITA if the system was more responsive.

Still, the sound is fantastic (playing songs in FLAC), and I'm a bit old school, I play Albums (showing my age) from start to finish.... so once you pick your pleasure, you are good to go for a while.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have a huge USB Library, it barely fits on a 128GB USB drive. The Default scroll screen is unworkable. I recently found the Artist list (Folder view) and that helps. Voice has been hit or miss. I need to figure out if you can do Favorites to see a subset. It wouldn't be as big of a PITA if the system was more responsive.

Still, the sound is fantastic (playing songs in FLAC), and I'm a bit old school, I play Albums (showing my age) from start to finish.... so once you pick your pleasure, you are good to go for a while.
I'll definitely try USB and will let you know how it works. My work around is to build playlists which is more manageable than scrolling through a few hundred artists.

Like you, I prefer to listen to an entire album and voice command helps. I ask for an artist then the album when the list appears.

Voice command was terrible until my salesman changed the settings to U.S. English. That helped immensely.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'll definitely try USB and will let you know how it works. My work around is to build playlists which is more manageable than scrolling through a few hundred artists.

Like you, I prefer to listen to an entire album and voice command helps. I ask for an artist then the album when the list appears.

Voice command was terrible until my salesman changed the settings to U.S. English. That helped immensely.
What would be really nice would be an APP that allows you to do the Media Management and pump it back to the Ipace. Make Favorites, Playlists... The current implementation is not simple to use, especially when driving.

·
Registered
2021 HSE Portofino Blue/Light Oyster
11 Posts
I wish the configurable button on the steering wheel had more options ... specifically I'd like to access the 360 camera easily when parking. Currently when using CarPlay (and I'm always using CarPlay), I have to wait for the car to sense that I'm parking and near an object to give me a pop up with camera options. Otherwise it takes about four clicks on the laggy touch screen to get to the 360 camera.
Wish granted if you have the PiVi system! (I know, it doesn't help in your situation...)

·
Registered
19 Posts
In the US, EVs have to make a sound when they are in reverse. I heard in Europe they have to make a sound when they are going slowly so pedestrians can hear the car. Is that true?
I live in Europe. The reverse sound is present, which is funny because it is emitted in the front, not in the rear as one would expect... There also is a very faint sound at low speed, I thought it was emitted by a fan or something, but probably it is this warning noise...

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
648 Posts
The panoramic roof is cool. I'd rather have solar panels (or the like).
I've often wondered about this idea. However, the surface area of the roof probably wouldn't generate much more than 1kW, which when we are talking about less than 3miles per kW just isn't worth the effort. Putting those numbers in a different context - a 4hr run on the highway would drain the battery and give around 240miles of range, the panels would add another 12miles.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Starting a thread to capture ideas that would make our I-Pace even better.

My suggestion for today: When you set the alarm on the car by pressing the handle button a second time you get a wimpy 'beep' that sounds like it came out of a go-kart. Instead, when the alarm is set the car should GROWL like an angry jungle cat about to tear you apart. Who's with me?
Maybe my car is broke. It has been this way since I bought it new. When I back into my garage, next to my wife's suv, with the window down and put the car in park and turn it off, a Jaguar growl comes out of the car in the front. I have been meaning to ask if anyone else has ever heard this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm sure this has been suggested, but allow the Default Drive mode to be selected as part of the User Profile. I would love to have mine in Dynamic all the time!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'm sure this has been suggested, but allow the Default Drive mode to be selected as part of the User Profile. I would love to have mine in Dynamic all the time!
They can't due to WLTP regulations

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the link. I'm not sure how allowing you to put Dynamic in your Profile is in conflict with the WLTP. How is that different than choosing it everytime I get in the car? Not a big deal, it would just be nice :)

21 - 40 of 41 Posts