Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting a thread to capture ideas that would make our I-Pace even better.

My suggestion for today: When you set the alarm on the car by pressing the handle button a second time you get a wimpy 'beep' that sounds like it came out of a go-kart. Instead, when the alarm is set the car should GROWL like an angry jungle cat about to tear you apart. Who's with me?

·
Registered
19 Posts
In our country (and I believe all over Europe) it is forbidden to have locking and unlocking sounds...

·
Registered
138 Posts
I wish the configurable button on the steering wheel had more options ... specifically I'd like to access the 360 camera easily when parking. Currently when using CarPlay (and I'm always using CarPlay), I have to wait for the car to sense that I'm parking and near an object to give me a pop up with camera options. Otherwise it takes about four clicks on the laggy touch screen to get to the 360 camera.

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
242 Posts
I wish the configurable button on the steering wheel had more options ... specifically I'd like to access the 360 camera easily when parking. Currently when using CarPlay (and I'm always using CarPlay), I have to wait for the car to sense that I'm parking and near an object to give me a pop up with camera options. Otherwise it takes about four clicks on the laggy touch screen to get to the 360 camera.
Is this an early model thing or Carplay thing?

On Pivi when Android Auto is enabled the camera icon is always there on the left hand side of the screen ready to engage

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is this an early model thing or Carplay thing?

On Pivi when Android Auto is enabled the camera icon is always there on the left hand side of the screen ready to engage
I don't have that on the older infotainment system with CarPlay. That's a nice feature.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't have that on the older infotainment system with CarPlay. That's a nice feature.
The Jaguar icon gets you back to the JLR menu when CarPlay is on the screen. It is true that with Pivi Pro there's always a home button on the side, but you loose a row of icons (4 instead of 5 with ICTP) and some screen estate, useful mostly with maps...

·
Registered
138 Posts
The Jaguar icon gets you back to the JLR menu when CarPlay is on the screen. It is true that with Pivi Pro there's always a home button on the side, but you loose a row of icons (4 instead of 5 with ICTP) and some screen estate, useful mostly with maps...
With my current setup, it's (1) tap home button to show CarPlay icons > (2) Tap Jaguar app to get to the inControl UI > (3) Tap camera icon > Tap 360 camera.

That's why I've trained myself to pull partway in to a tight space or a space with a tall bump stop and wait for the car to present the camera interface. It's less annoying than four taps on the laggy screen

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
45 Posts
You can configure the diamond custom button on the steering wheel to turn the infotainment screen "off" in TouchPro. That will take you to a home screen with a camera/parking sensor icon on the lower right hand of the screen. Unfortunately, the touch screen sensor remains mapped to Android Auto even if you're in that home screen. So, frustratingly, you can't use this method to quickly switch over to the cameras.

This may work differently on CarPlay, though.

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
242 Posts
So I don't use Apple products but with Android auto the left and right hand row of icons is exactly the same whether using android auto or not.

On the left you get the camera icon and setting icon, on the right the standard 5 of Nav, phone, media (showing the android auto logo icon when in android auto mode), the home button and the show all apps icon.

So it's pretty easy to move between apps whether using android auto or not

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any particular reason why?
I suppose in order to respect other people? And it's illegal: Directive Annex V section 4.6: If an indication of processes such as changes from set to unset is provided, it shall be optical.

As an american tourist said: "Is this an American thing? In Europe I never ever hear cars beep when locked/unlocked, just the mechanical sound of the central locking and flashing the hazard lights once when unlocked, double when locked successful and triple when lock failed(door not closed properly).
Having your car make a loud sound for lock/unlock just creates more noise in the neighborhood."

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I don't use Apple products but with Android auto the left and right hand row of icons is exactly the same whether using android auto or not.

On the left you get the camera icon and setting icon, on the right the standard 5 of Nav, phone, media (showing the android auto logo icon when in android auto mode), the home button and the show all apps icon.

So it's pretty easy to move between apps whether using android auto or not
I was talking about the side JLR icons, which in ICTP are not displayed.

Here is the Pivi Carplay in a Defender:

And here's the CarPlay in a ICTP Range Rover:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think the screen in the iPace is big enough and wide enough for the side icons to work quite well. You do get 4 icons across in android auto too but with scrolling up and down between rows which feels more intuitive.

That said I am having real issues with Android Auto now for the last week making it unusable. I am trying to diagnose if this is a phone/OS issue or a car problem.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I would like the USB/iPod interface to offer a keyboard to select a letter when searching for an artist or album. Having to scroll down is a pain if you have a large music library.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would like the USB/iPod interface to offer a keyboard to select a letter when searching for an artist or album. Having to scroll down is a pain if you have a large music library.
There is one (at least there is one in ICTP)!

Press find on the left while playing:

Then the three dots below:

Touch the search bar:

There you go!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts