Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
179 Posts
We have 2 I Paces. Love them.

Would strongly recommend I-Pace with ONE CAVEAT! Investigate the dealer you expect to use for service. If that dealer regularly services I-Paces and you get good feedback from other owners...BUY .

If the dealer doesn't have a well trained, experienced mechanic on the I Pace...DON'T buy there! You will have issues and you will be frustrated
This is basically all the advice anyone needs right here

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Love mine (finally got almost all the problems fixed) and have recommended it but it depends on the persons car needs, expectations, patience w dealer warranties, do they have design taste, their financial situation, etc. Wonder what the next Gen I-Pace will look like??? How do u top this design?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Don't plan on selling it. The Model Y? Maybe. The FRS? Sure. The I-Pace? Nah. We flirted with the idea a few times, but when the wife went back from the MY to the I-Pace, there was no doubt which was better.

Reactions: symos

·
Registered
2 Posts
Instead of opening a new thread, i wanted to continue with this one as I have the similar question :)

I need to choose an EV as my next company car in September and I had several test drives with different EV brands (BMW iX3, Polestar 2, Tesla Model Y, I-Pace, Skoda Enyaq). The delivery dates in Europe (an i think in whole world) are crazy, only Jaguar and Tesla have the shortest delivery dates so I need to stick with them for my selection.

Tesla is superior on the charging speed and also on the user interface but it's not on par with my taste in terms of build quality.

I really liked the driving dynamics of I-Pace and also the comfort of the drivetrain and also the seats (standard). The model I had a test drive was an EV320 model with very basic setup, so it was giving an impression but not as same as EV400 i guess.

Anyway, the car that I tested had a climate unit issue and it was not cooling the cabin enough. I am not sure if it's a common issue and why Jaguar dealer let me drove that model which was not a good impression for me. And also I read a lot of bad comments here again with reliability issues.

I think this forum could be a bit biased :) but would you still recommend I-Pace after 4 years the car was released? Do you think is it a good choice considering I will lease this car for next 4 years? and if yes, what would be the must have options for the car?

Many thanks :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
there are two flaws that I have found with the Ipace, it is slower to charge at DC chargers and their service here in the US is abysmal, there is a severe shortage of qualified techs. so if you are not going to drive beyond the range of the car on a regular basis and are willing to suffer for long waits if the car develops problems the I pace would be a fine choice.
as for options, here in the US there is only the top HSE model and it has almost all the options included.

·
Registered
2019 S with S21B and 16.2
198 Posts
I’ve owned two Teslas and the Ipace. I would buy them again. We have the base seats in the Ipace and when driving I get uncomfortable after an hour or two. I am fine as a passenger since I can shift positions more, but I would buy one with adjustable lumbar if I were able to do anything different. I’m not sure what is included and what are option where you are, but I have always made sure to get as many heated seats as are available if one carries passengers often. I also use the gesture opening feature for the rear hatch more than expected.
My personal experience with service has been slightly better with Jaguar than Tesla but all three cars have been very reliable.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
No, definitely not a problem for me. There's no noise up to the car's top speed of 130mph.

The wipers shouldn't be a problem since they're quite deep below the hood.
Ur hitting 130mph? Thought 125 was max? I hit 115 so far cause I have no ballz. I taped wiper cables, a hood tag and hoos platic covers and can't find this problems source. I'll make a new thread one day soon but 130... cough b sh

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ur hitting 130mph? Thought 125 was max? I hit 115 so far cause I have no ballz. I taped wiper cables, a hood tag and hoos platic covers and can't find this problems source. I'll make a new thread one day soon but 130... cough b sh
Mine is in kilometres and goes up to 208kph (which translates to 130mph) even though the official max speed is 200kph.
It's not just mine, I've seen a few Youtube videos where they max out at 208kph.

Don't know if it's the same for cars in miles (actual 130 vs official 125), but I would assume yes.

Of course, if you also take into account speedometer error, then the actual max speed is closer to (if not lower than) the official one. Maybe that's why they decided to it like this, don't know.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Mine is in kilometres and goes up to 208kph (which translates to 130mph) even though the official max speed is 200kph.
It's not just mine, I've seen a few Youtube videos where they max out at 208kph.

Don't know if it's the same for cars in miles (actual 130 vs official 125), but I would assume yes.

Of course, if you also take into account speedometer error, then the actual max speed is closer to (if not lower than) the official one. Maybe that's why they decided to it like this, don't know.
Now I have to find out out what my top speed is! I'll hit u up for reimbursement if my car is impounded, thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
3.5 months in to ownership and despite some flakey build quality issues, the car is great and a joy to drive. The issues I have are specifically the B pillar air vent clips snapped on mine and the seat base controls cover is flimsy and squeaky ( sorted with some anti squeak tape).

Where I would recommend avoiding the I-Pace is purely down to the atrocious after sales service. I am now waiting over 2 months for the parts for my B pillar vent. I currently have a bit of duct-tape holding the vent in place to stop the excessive rattling it was causing.

So owning an I-Pace is best described as a catch-22. The car is great as long as it doesn’t break, but it’s a Jaguar so it will almost certainly break.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
3.5 months in to ownership and despite some flakey build quality issues, the car is great and a joy to drive. The issues I have are specifically the B pillar air vent clips snapped on mine and the seat base controls cover is flimsy and squeaky ( sorted with some anti squeak tape).

Where I would recommend avoiding the I-Pace is purely down to the atrocious after sales service. I am now waiting over 2 months for the parts for my B pillar vent. I currently have a bit of duct-tape holding the vent in place to stop the excessive rattling it was causing.

So owning an I-Pace is best described as a catch-22. The car is great as long as it doesn’t break, but it’s a Jaguar so it will almost certainly break.
Yeah, service sucks, but our only real issue has been break-ins and getting quarter panel windows.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had 2 individuals in the vehicle a few evenings ago, was driving quiet till I saw a Horse at a light, changed to dynamic mode, sent off it, stuck everybody in their seats and we were at 95mph in a 35mph road. They thought it was an extravagance vehicle "space transport inside" yet couldn't really accept that what they encountered

·
Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
189 Posts
Im looking for another EV so test drove the Bolt the other day. It's a great drive train and range, but the interior is absolutely atrocious and a deal breaker for me.
The Kona EV was far superior to it
Let us know what other cars u test. I thought the Nissan Leaf was a nice car for the money but it doesn't come in a awd. The Recharge was nice but I didn't like the seats or interior. Tried the Audi e Tron crossover. A very nice car but it didn't drive as nice or seem as luxurious as the Ipace. I really like the Fisker Ocean but it's a bit of an unknown right now.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts