Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Drove from home to work at a normal pace, which is quick but nothing exciting. Through the canyons and then city roads. Lifted the suspension as I approached the steep work driveway. On the way home, in the dark, drove in anger. No traffic. 1 car coming the other way in the first canyon. 1 car in the second. Made wonderful time and didn't even squeal the tires. Sublime.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I love my I-Pace and haven't had any problems but I don't recommend them to other people because of the serious battery and other problems I have read about that lead to buy-backs, etc. I hope I continue to have a trouble-free experience, but I am a little apprehensive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Love my 2020 I-pace - better than the Audi that I also loved - better than the Mercedes that I also loved. Is everything I hoped for - wish I got to drive it more while sheltering in place :).

·
Registered
264 Posts
I would recommend anyone in this price range consider it, yes.

The decision is surely subject to individual considerations, but what vehicle choice isn't? Most people aren't looking to trade out for something new in two years, for example, but if someone is, the depreciation would be a big hit on this one. (Others as well, though.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks to everyone for posting your comments. It's been truly beneficial to someone like me who's on the fence. I've owned two EVs in seven years (Nissan Leaf, BMW i3) and both were flawless, despite the inevitable range issues to which we are all well-versed. Having an ICE vehicle as back-up helped. I also have a 2018 Jaguar E-Pace which has tried my patience at seemingly every turn. Nothing major, and I've never been stranded, just an endless array of electronic gremlins that make every commute a new adventure. I was reminded that no one buys a Jaguar expecting perfection and if one does the frustrations will consume you. Perhaps I should apply the same expectations to the I-Pace. All things considered, I still want one!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks to everyone for posting your comments. It's been truly beneficial to someone like me who's on the fence. I've owned two EVs in seven years (Nissan Leaf, BMW i3) and both were flawless, despite the inevitable range issues to which we are all well-versed. Having an ICE vehicle as back-up helped. I also have a 2018 Jaguar E-Pace which has tried my patience at seemingly every turn. Nothing major, and I've never been stranded, just an endless array of electronic gremlins that make every commute a new adventure. I was reminded that no one buys a Jaguar expecting perfection and if one does the frustrations will consume you. Perhaps I should apply the same expectations to the I-Pace. All things considered, I still want one!
IMO you have to go in with your expectations set on any EV.

The people here will help you get the best
I-Pace with the highest probability of a reliable one

I

·
Registered
137 Posts
I love my I-Pace and haven't had any problems but I don't recommend them to other people because of the serious battery and other problems I have read about that lead to buy-backs, etc. I hope I continue to have a trouble-free experience, but I am a little apprehensive.
Not what someone who's taking a test drive tomorrow with the intent to buy wants to hear. ;)

But at $20,000 off of MSRP for a new 2019, it's really hard to not go ahead with this assuming my test drive works out OK.

My 2017 Tesla MS has had only 2 minor issues, but I realize that I've been extremely lucky given what I read on the Tesla forums (TMC). It's no different over there than it apparently is here. There are some utter nightmares in Tesla land as I'm sure most of you know.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's a dealer on Long Island and so far he's been excellent. Very responsive. I was absolutely shocked by the steep discounts, but I had mentioned it on a Ford Mach E forum and when some there looked in their area, there were similar deals on new 2019s too. So apparently it's not unique to the NY area. I guess it's a dual-edged sword. The discount is great but I guess it's indicative of the difficulty in selling the I-Pace and the resulting depreciation. Hopefully the $20,000 off goes a long way toward mitigating depreciation for me down the road.

I was originally looking at the Ford ME & the Polestar, but the wait for the Mach E appears to be too long despite my reservation. My concern for the Polestar rests in the fact that it's made in China and I do admit to feeling guilty about buying a car from China these days.

Either way, when I came upon the I-Pace and the gorgeous interior, it blew away the other cars I was looking at...and it's available now! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, the I-Pace is definitely a nice ride, and I'd like to make one my third EV in seven years, but my dealer experience has been less than fulfilling. I've never shopped for a vehicle where the quotes varied so widely from dealer to dealer, with my trade appraisal following a similar pattern. Also, the 2019's are starting to dwindle and my desired color/equipment configuration is becoming harder to find. Although I'm smitten, I'm not desperate, so we'll see how it all shakes out. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I love my 2019 first edition. Handles and drives more like a sports car than an SUV, looks like a (good looking) normal vehicle, and is all Jaguar inside. Borrowing the suspension from Land Rover doesn’t hurt either.

Things of note:
1. Always get the latest software. H280 has been quite good so far.
2. The Infotainment system is laggy, but serviceable. The CarPlay integration is excellent, which is what I normally use.

Would I buy it again? Yes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I’m always surprised by the SUV or crossover label. To my eyes it looks far more ‘sedan’ than SUV/crossover.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As an I-Pace owner, would you recommend the car to friends and family?

Im an advocate for the car and strongly recommend it, but I also set the expectations based on its quirks.
Depending on the person I might steer them towards an E-Tron or Taycan
I do recommend it. I just bought a 2019 demo car and it is one of the most fun cars to drive.

As a long time loyal owners of Mercedes, my only complaint is the lack of Jaguar support for its customers.
Why does it take 25 minutes to get through on the phone and there is zero follow through.
They are worse than a Chevy customer care organization.
If Mercedes ever comes out with a decent electric car, I will probably go back to Mercedes.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts