Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Little off topic, but.... I (quietly) stopped next to a Ferrari in a left only lane earlier this evening and that person revved up his engine & moved forward a little as if he wanted to race, so I changed to dynamic mode and waited for the green light. He was a good car length ahead of me and was on the outer lane; when the light turned green, I obliged him and took off making a very tight left turn. I was doing 55 by the time I was done w/ the turn, then tried to slowed down and that's when he caught up w/ me with a big a roar. Of course, he sped past me, but I liked the fact that I was able to beat a Ferrari - he should know that EVs are different and that he shouldn't be trying it ???

·
Registered
20 Posts
Little off topic, but.... I (quietly) stopped next to a Ferrari in a left only lane earlier this evening and that person revved up his engine & moved forward a little as if he wanted to race, so I changed to dynamic mode and waited for the green light.... Of course, he sped past me, but I liked the fact that I was able to beat a Ferrari - he should know that EVs are different and that he shouldn't be trying it ???
Owning both a Ferrari and a Jaguar, I can say that it would require a very modern Ferrari to beat an I-Pace from 5-65mph. In my I-pace, I've pulled away from a Lambo Mercialogo but please trust me on this: once the speeds reach 65mph+, they will come at your back door and pass you hard.....the EV's start to wind-out after 65mph

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Owning both a Ferrari and a Jaguar, I can say that it would require a very modern Ferrari to beat an I-Pace from 5-65mph. In my I-pace, I've pulled away from a Lambo Mercialogo but please trust me on this: once the speeds reach 65mph+, they will come at your back door and pass you hard.....the EV's start to wind-out after 65mph
unless it has a 2 speed gearbox a la Taycan...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am sure it very well can and I wasn't going to go past 55 in a 45 zone anyway. I just thought it's interesting that he wanted to go against an EV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 4000 miles on my 2020 IPACE S and I still find it absolutely incredible, especially since the software upgrade giving me 259 miles of battery. Driving the IPACE S feels like driving a Porsche 911 shoot-brake wagon with plenty of space in back for a bike, hockey equipment and supplies. I owned one of the first Tesla Model S cars and I really liked it but the Jag EV just seems better based on the quality, luxury, agility, and reliability. I liked the Tesla's rear capacity, battery range and the big precise control screen but the Jag is simply more fun to drive. All EV car owners tend to frorget gas stations as we almost all charge at home but I do not miss them. I hope any new EV infrastructure initiatives utilise only Combo level-3 chargers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Absolutely not...look at how many hardly-used ones are back on the market at 40%-50% loss from what people paid. Squeaky brakes, poor visibility, range up to 50% less than promised, slooooow charge times, miserable dealer service, antiquated and laggy technology. I tried for months to re-sell my HSE and got zero offers at any price. Carmax offered 50% of MSRP and the dealer offered even less! They want nothing to do with this car. On the other hand, the seats are wonderful!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I absolutely love mine and would definitely recommend it. Any concerns that people might have would be more related to electric cars in general, not just this model. If someone is good with electric it is a wonderful vehicle. After owning this for 16 months, I will never buy another ICE vehicle!

·
Registered
4 Posts
As an I-Pace owner, would you recommend the car to friends and family?

Im an advocate for the car and strongly recommend it, but I also set the expectations based on its quirks.
Depending on the person I might steer them towards an E-Tron or Taycan
I have a 2020 iPace HSE and a Tesla Model 3 Performance and have driven 24,000km and 5000km respectively. Both are superb cars but neither is faultless. I love them both but for different reasons. They are not comparable cars and I recommend one or the other depending on what my friends (most of whom have never had an electric car) tell me they want out of a car. But I also tell them to buy a Nissan Leaf instead if they want to power their house from the battery because no other electric car will allow that. Wheels, a car mag for patrolheads in Australia, tested 31 new 2019 cars (3 were battery electric incl new model Leaf) for their Car of the Year award and unanimously placed electric Mercedes GLE first and Tesla Model 3 second, except for one tester who placed them the other way round. iPace did not qualify for test because not new.

·
Registered
21 Posts
After the H264 update - definitely. It’s my daily driver in the Seattle metro area. I have a Juicebox for level 2 charging at home.

Built-in infotainment system is still somewhat annoying, but it got better after H264. CarPlay is excellent.

I have had issues with DC fast charger compatibility in the past, but have not re-tested with H264 or the incoming H280.

Robin @ Bellevue Jaguar / Land Rover service department has been a pleasure to work with and they have put in the effort to be able to properly service I-Paces.

Looking forward to trying a long-distance drive this summer and see how that goes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If the I-pace is not the only car in the household, I would certainly recommend it heartily. It's beautiful, drives very well, is very comfortable, and is rare enough so you don't see them out there very often. The other car in the household should be gasoline-driven or a hybrid or a plug-in hybrid.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would recommend based on my 3-month ownership and coming from Tesla S with its know issues and declining service quality.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I certainly would. You need to know what to expect with regarding range and charging and your local infrastructure. I wouldn't suggest it be your only vehicle but depends on what your use case scenario is. Occasional electrical gremlins - my speed sensing wipers seem to have a mind of their own when set to auto. No deal breakers so far. Absolutely the most fun car I've driven.

·
Registered
141 Posts
There are so few EVs in general around my town, a few Teslas, a Bolt every blue moon or so. Despite the interest that the car draws when I'm in public I never hear anyone mention that they're considering an EV purchase. If EVs are the wave of the future, my community will still be in the stone ages. :confused:
Curt, you should visit San Francisco, where every 3rd or 4th car on the road is a Tesla M3. They’re only outnumbered by the Prius. During my year of I-Pace ownership, I’ve only seen 2 or 3 in SF.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Curt, you should visit San Francisco, where every 3rd or 4th car on the road is a Tesla M3. They’re only outnumbered by the Prius. During my year of I-Pace ownership, I’ve only seen 2 or 3 in SF.
San Francisco is absolutely my favorite city! I lived there twice as a teenager (on the Presidio no less) and was stationed in Alameda. I visited in 2016 and considered moving there again but family was not willing to leave here.

Yes, I saw more Prius' (Priui?) and Teslas than I could shake a stick at. I thought it was great!

·
Registered
141 Posts
San Francisco is absolutely my favorite city! I lived there twice as a teenager (on the Presidio no less) and was stationed in Alameda. I visited in 2016 and considered moving there again but family was not willing to leave here.

Yes, I saw more Prius' (Priui?) and Teslas than I could shake a stick at. I thought it was great!
I love the Presidio, especially windsurfing off of Crissy Field and under the Golden gate. My uncle was a machinist at Alameda NAS, working on aircraft carriers. I’m on the old tarmac at least once a month for PCA AutoX. However, continued use of the tarmac is in doubt this year.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I love the Presidio, especially windsurfing off of Crissy Field and under the Golden gate. My uncle was a machinist at Alameda NAS, working on aircraft carriers. I’m on the old tarmac at least once a month for PCA AutoX. However, continued use of the tarmac is in doubt this year.
Alameda was Green Peace's worst nightmare. Between the Enterprise (8 reactors) Carl Vinson (2 reactors) and 4 nuclear cruisers (8 total reactors) I felt guilty living in a strong anti-nuc community. Your uncle probably knows a lot about it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've had my I-Pace Silicon Silver HSE a year this week. It has truly been the best car I've ever owned (compared to BMWs, Mercedes, Porsche, Infiniti). After a full year of driving, not a single shop visit until this week when I went back to have all the software updates and recalls installed, which was all done flawlessly in 3 hours. This car is my daily driver and I look forward to getting in it every morning. I've essentially stopped driving every other car I own. It's simply a joy to drive. I have very few nits to pick with this car and they are all minor. The infotainment was quite buggy at first, but has gotten better with each OTA update and is now quite usable. I don't like the cheap feel and operation of the sunglass compartment. I wish there were a way to lock the car from the rear hatch instead of either locking the car before opening the hatch or closing the hatch and then locking the car. I wish the foot operation for the hatch worked better. I wish there were a few smaller compartments inside the huge center console compartment. Really, that's about it in my case. So, yeah...you could say I recommend this car. :)

21 - 40 of 61 Posts