Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Would you recommend a used iPace

14K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Darrinf 
#1 ·
Greetings! We are heavily considering purchasing a used ipace, though I am concerned about the overall reliability. We have some great deals in the MA area, though I'd like to pick the brains of this group.

Based on some of the discussions I've read here it leads me to believe I should stay the **** away from jaguar.

If you had it all to do over again, would you purchase an ipace?

#2 ·
I would. Leased a 2020 and have had for 6 months with no problems except minor electrical hiccups - very occasional stuck screen, intermittent wipers with a mind of their own. Electrical issues much rarer with new updates.

There were no other AWD EV and still no other I liked better. Styling, interior, performance combination is still the best IMO. We're early adopters to new tech which is one reason I leased it. If it continues trouble free and tech hasn't advanced significantly I will buy it outright at end of lease.

If polestar 2 was available, I would have seriously considered it. Not a fan of the mustang EV styling. Taycan out of my price range. Audi not sporty enough.

#3 ·
Greetings! We are heavily considering purchasing a used ipace, though I am concerned about the overall reliability. We have some great deals in the MA area, though I'd like to pick the brains of this group.

Based on some of the discussions I've read here it leads me to believe I should stay the **** away from jaguar.

I would certainly buy mine again but recommend that you ask for a battery health report before deciding. Most owners on FB and here have experienced very few problems but there have been a few lemon law buy backs and a few battery problems. Most of the issues you read about here are software related and Jaguar has done a good job of fixing many of them.

#4 ·
I'd happily get another I-Pace. The snafus are minimal and typical of any modern, high-tech car. Software updates have improved the vehicle significantly.

Most importantly, there's no car that has the same combination of high performance, handling, comfort, utility, ground clearance, off-road capability, steering feel, efficiency, acceleration, and looks. The I-Pace can do absolutely anything and look good at the same time. If I subtract the ground clearance and offroad capability, there's still no vehicle that can compete. If I subtract comfort, looks, steering feel, and utility too, I can go with a Model 3. If I subtract comfort, handling, steering feel, and looks but keep the utility (or even gain some) then there's the Model X, but that's a horribly unreliable vehicle (axles, doors) that is also too damned wide for a country road.

I can always go with a gasser, but then I lose immediate acceleration and efficiency. In that case, I'd go for a JLR crossover of some sort, or a Porsche. I really did like the Discovery Sport loaner I got. Easy to drive at the limit. Can be had with 3 rows. Comfy.

The only other gasser I'd seriously consider is the GR Yaris, and that isn't coming to America.

My perfect stable would include:
A small, light, RWD car. That's my Scion FRS. I'd happily replace or supplement with a Honda E, but none for America. Miata works too, but it's too small for my torso, and I like having rear seats for the kids.
A small, light, AWD pocket rocket. That would be the GR Yaris, but none for America. Maybe an old Mazda 323GTX. Nothing else fits the bill.
A comfortable, luxurious, high performance do-anything EV. That's the Jaguar I-Pace.
A small, fun, runabout EV. Fiat 500e. Mini SE. i3 is small and runabout but not fun to drive.

Reactions: PS702
#5 ·
Yes I would absolutely buy the I-Pace again. Is it perfect? No. Still the best EV available IMO.

Mine required no service before the first scheduled at 21,000 miles. All recalls completed, all software up to date, small defective interior part replaced, all at no charge.

And with used pricing or current incentives you will be getting a far better deal on a car with all the updates completed.

Best car I have ever owned. Assuming you will have a level 2 charging station at home you are good to go.

#13 ·

If I had to do it all over again, I would've bought a Tesla, as they have improved dramatically and my I-Pace has been in the shop 15 times!! Beautiful car, but did not perform to what I was promised when I bought the car. I am currently with an attorney for the Lemon Law here in California as JLR has turned down my buyback 2 times now! Good luck to all the other people who have had no issues!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.