Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Currently have a 2020 Range Rover sport. Took it in for service recently and got a loaner discovery sport with the new pivi infotainment system. So much better.

When i picked up my car I noticed they had a new Ipace in the showroom. Checked it out and loved the interior (had the beautiful tan Windsor leather seats). Spoke to the sales person and it got a test drive (alone without him).

Loved the driving experience, the seats and the buikd quality. I’ve actually considered EVs for many years now and have test driven several (including a taycan 4S). Overall , surprisingly, this is my favorite one so far. Only gripes are the kinda clunky manual steering wheel adjuster and the lack of an opening sunroof. Otherwise, this seems like a near perfect car: looks, comfort, ride quality, power, buikd quality, and handling. As much as I’d like a taycan sport turismo gts , the ipace seems like it gives my 95% of that experience at 60% of the price. I don’t really like any of the other EVs on the market despite the hype they get (Mach E, polestar, etron, EV6, etc). No interest in Teslas either. And in thinking about it, there’s no “daiky driver” gas cars i like more in this price range either.

But it’s a bit odd to me that I’m so in love with one of the older EVs on the market now and from a manufacturer not exactly known for their competence with electronics. OTOH, they’ve now had a few years to work out the bugs. Judging from lurking on a taycan forum, Porsche is still very much in the “learning stage” a d lots of owners are disappointed and frustrated. I will say that the taycans infotainment system seemed like a bigger nightmare than the one in my RRS plus it had a few squeaks/rattles. So I still think it’s a better bet (reliability wise) getting a 3rd year ipace rather than a newer model from another manufacturer. I known Audi has had plenty of issues with the etron too.

I have thought about how I use my car and 90% of the time I could charge at home. I am prepared for massive depreciation (lease rate is currently at50% for 3 years). Am also used to JLR quirks and having to do my own research to get the dealer to fix issues. The only car I could see maybe liking more (in this price range) is the upcoming macan EV but that likely won’t arrive until well into 2024.

So..what am I missing? Would you guys still consider a new ipace? If not what would you get instead? Currently toying with the idea of placing a custom order (which would take about 8 months according to the dealer - around the time my current lease is up)
Nope. 2020 iPace SE custom built, delivered Nov 2019. Flashing service due, cabin full of moisture, smells like a pond and is rapidly fungifying, frunk close sensor doesn’t work so car can’t be locked, only charges at half rate, can’t read HUD as it’s out of focus, can’t get a service appointment fewer than 2 months out. Completely unacceptable.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
787 Posts
Nope. 2020 iPace SE custom built, delivered Nov 2019. Flashing service due, cabin full of moisture, smells like a pond and is rapidly fungifying, frunk close sensor doesn’t work so car can’t be locked, only charges at half rate, can’t read HUD as it’s out of focus, can’t get a service appointment fewer than 2 months out. Completely unacceptable.
You've had this car for over 2yrs and this list of problems have not been fixed - very frustrating. I assume this has entailed multiple visits to the dealership. Care to share any details regarding the causes/attempted fixes? Care to name and shame the "incompetent" service dept?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2019 First Edition I-Pace. Early teething pains with software were prevalent and very annoying, but that has all been sorted out. I had a warped driver’s seat frame, replaced under warranty. Had my 2 year complimentary service late summer. I use CarPlay for almost everything, so infotainment “wonkyness” is not an issue. That’s pretty much it. Oh - and put Michelin A/S 3+ all seasons on it for Seattle weather.

Summary: Especially in Dynamic mode, it drives more like a car than an SUV. A very quick car. No ongoing issues and I really enjoy driving it.

It’s also nice to look at. It’s an SUV that happens to be electric, not an Electric SUV.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts