Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at the dealer to repair a steering wheel switch that is not working. The service rep has just told me that there is a now a recall for the wiring harness - the big 2-3 day repair that has been a recall in some other countries. He referred to it as the parking pawl actuator - asked if I received a letter from Jaguar about it. I'm assuming this applies to all of North America now. Looks like it's the H288 campaign. The rep said it may also be the cause of the error I've been getting this week - Automatic emergency braking not available or something like that. They will also replace both 12v batteries at the same time. On first glace it looks like they can get it done next week which would be a relief. I was worried that this would be an eventual problem that would leave me stranded and for whatever reason wasn't being addressed prospectively in N. America. Hopefully disassembling the car wont lead to other issues. I've planned a buyout and then sell or trade in when my 2023 arrives in spring.

· Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
1,130 Posts
I'm at the dealer to repair a steering wheel switch that is not working. The service rep has just told me that there is a now a recall for the wiring harness - the big 2-3 day repair that has been a recall in some other countries. He referred to it as the parking pawl actuator - asked if I received a letter from Jaguar about it. I'm assuming this applies to all of North America now. Looks like it's the H288 campaign. The rep said it may also be the cause of the error I've been getting this week - Automatic emergency braking not available or something like that. They will also replace both 12v batteries at the same time. On first glace it looks like they can get it done next week which would be a relief. I was worried that this would be an eventual problem that would leave me stranded and for whatever reason wasn't being addressed prospectively in N. America. Hopefully disassembling the car wont lead to other issues. I've planned a buyout and then sell or trade in when my 2023 arrives in spring.
That is good to hear, although mine is in the last testing stages after going thru the process this summer. 5months and counting.

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,427 Posts
Nothing has been registered yet with the NHTSA yet, or at least not showing up on the NHTSA website, concerning any recall for the US market. They would have to register the announcement letter and other information in order for there to be a formal recall.

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing has been registered yet with the NHTSA yet, or at least not showing up on the NHTSA website, concerning any recall for the US market. They would have to register the announcement letter and other information in order for there to be a formal recall.
It showed up when the service advisor checked today on whatever program Jag is using here. They told me 2 days to get the part so it's booked next week. They're doing another car now that stopped on the highway recently. 🤞

· Premium Member
2,427 Posts
NHTSA website does have some lag between when doc is filed with them and when it shows up for public view. It may be forthcoming.
I checked TOPIx for my vehicle and it shows up with no outstanding campaigns. Does yours show anything for this?

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NHTSA website does have some lag between when doc is filed with them and when it shows up for public view. It may be forthcoming.
I checked TOPIx for my vehicle and it shows up with no outstanding campaigns. Does yours show anything for this?
Nothing shows up on TOPix for my vehicle.

· Premium Member
2020 I-Pace S
138 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
It showed up when the service advisor checked today on whatever program Jag is using here.
I can also confirm this now. My heat just failed and I booked an emergency appointment to assess with the local dealer, not my regular one.

I received this note from them when I confirmed:

RECALL1
CHECK FOR RECALL H406 - PARKING LOT ACTUATOR

we shall see, I am still waiting for the call with the report.

· Premium Member
2,427 Posts
If it is a formal recall and not just a field service action, it won't matter if the warranty runs out. The recall has to be done regardless of time or miles on the car vehicle in the US.

· Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace FE
111 Posts
If it is a formal recall and not just a field service action, it won't matter if the warranty runs out. The recall has to be done regardless of time or miles on the car vehicle in the US.
Right, I was just thinking it would be good that this might become an actual recall this side of the pond like it was for the UK, otherwise you would want it to fail before the warranty period ends.

· Registered
2019 HSE
50 Posts
So can someone in the know please summarize the current status of this recall? Reading this thread is a bit confusing.
I took my I-Pace in for an unrelated problem about a month ago and there was no mention of a recall pending at that time.

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My repair got delayed as the lift or jack that holds the traction battery needs to be repaired itself - go figure. Another ipace is in pieces right now waiting to finish the same repair. The dealer told me later this week or next week. All the parts for the repair are currently waiting at the dealer. Ill ask about the status of the recall when complete. The dealer did tell me that they had 2 others in recently that died while driving for the same issue and had been repaired.

· Registered
238 Posts
My repair got delayed as the lift or jack that holds the traction battery needs to be repaired itself - go figure. Another ipace is in pieces right now waiting to finish the same repair. The dealer told me later this week or next week. All the parts for the repair are currently waiting at the dealer. Ill ask about the status of the recall when complete. The dealer did tell me that they had 2 others in recently that died while driving for the same issue and had been repaired.

Interesting. I wonder which dealer you are at. My car is in right now, apparently in pieces. I expect it back tomorrow or Friday. The parts did not take long to come in at all unlike what others have experienced. I took my car to the dealer in the east end in Ajax but I usually patronize the dealer in Oakville.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts