Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday JLR published new fuse block diagrams for the i-Pace in Topix. One of the interesting fuses is fuse F13 in the Front Junction Box Right, which it says has a function of “Module-Control-EV Wireless Charging”. Did the i-Pace engineers plan to try and add wireless charging in a future model year?

·
Super Moderator
2,092 Posts
Interesting find! Was it not there before? It may reflect ambition only, but it would be great if it reflected actual planning. ?

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually don’t know. I just saw the updated info and decided to look at the fuse layout and noticed it. :)

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
353 Posts
I actually don’t know. I just saw the updated info and decided to look at the fuse layout and noticed it. :)
Wireless charging of what is the question? I cannot imagine wireless charging of the main traction battery. Surely this would be way too slow. Does anyone have data for energy transfer in a wireless sense? My intuition says this is not fast.
Wireless charging of a cellphone perhaps. While nice, I have never felt this to be a major innovation either at home or on the go.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Audi had originally planned to offer inductive charging on the e-Tron, and there is a standard for it, so I doubt it's for phone charging. Also, there are other fuses in a different fuse block that cover the power for the USB ports, and it would make sense to put a Qi charger fuse with them.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
666 Posts
Wireless charging of what is the question? I cannot imagine wireless charging of the main traction battery. Surely this would be way too slow. Does anyone have data for energy transfer in a wireless sense? My intuition says this is not fast.
Wireless charging of a cellphone perhaps. While nice, I have never felt this to be a major innovation either at home or on the go.
Google search EV wireless charging.

and more.

Been available for installation for some cars for a couple of years.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This could end up being really cool, especially in areas where there is a lot of excess solar generation during the day. The extra power loss wouldn't be a big deal if it only charged during daylight in those locations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts