Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
It looks cool, but I'd really hate to give up my cup holder for it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Apple CarPlay (and possibly Android Auto) require a wired connection to function. I placed a standard Apple iPhone dock on the sloped area of the center open portion of the center console. Easy to connect to, does not block any cup holders, and allows Apple CarPlay to work perfectly. The top edge of the phone rests on the bottom black plastic surround just below the HVAC screen, so the phone is fully supported. Also helps the phone have good view of the sky for GPS, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
There are a few threads around on solutions for this but I do wish Jaguar had thought of a better solution - AND given us wireless Carplay!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Would it fit in the SMALL cup holder? I ALMOST didn't buy this car because only one is large enough for a Circle K cup!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Apple CarPlay (and possibly Android Auto) require a wired connection to function. I placed a standard Apple iPhone dock on the sloped area of the center open portion of the center console. Easy to connect to, does not block any cup holders, and allows Apple CarPlay to work perfectly. The top edge of the phone rests on the bottom black plastic surround just below the HVAC screen, so the phone is fully supported. Also helps the phone have good view of the sky for GPS, etc.
I was thinking of the same for my android phone. I thought that android auto and apple car play only connected through the ports in the storage compartment. Are you connected to the USB ports in the in the front ahead of the gear selector?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts