Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Android Auto on your car display (wireless)

At least from the phone side it is coming. It should be possible with the I-PACE.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
121 Posts
This would be amazing if true, but at this point I'm skeptical. The new Pivi Pro system supports wireless, and that seems to be something that JLR is touting. I'd love to think that they'll make this happen retroactively, but just because it's on Google's site doesn't necessarily give me a high degree of confidence that Google and JLR are on the same page.

I've been using wireless AA on other vehicles for over a year. It's super convenient, though at the cost of rapid battery drain. Has anyone heard anything from the rumor mill at JLR about rolling this out for InControl Touch Pro? I'd be pleasantly surprised if they were ambitious enough to tackle this, given the large number of issues with the system and the fact that it will quickly become a legacy solution.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If wireless worked, we could use the USB ports down low in the front of the console for supplying power. One could put a wireless charging pad in there if the phone supports wireless charging. This would be a tidier solution for longer trips than a cable coming out of the console box.

I think there'll be some incentive to keep it updated or face bad press for Jaguar not supporting it while <fill in the other EV brand> does support it..

I looked at Googles other instructions for setting it up. They have more webpage work to do. It's a copy of using the USB cable at this writing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Android Auto on my Samsung Galaxy 10 (Android v.10) has the 'Wireless' slider turned on. I have my phone sync'd to the iPace wifi hotspot.
It doesn't work.

Android Auto works fine while plugged into USB, but not wirelessly.

Maybe a fix/solution is coming. One has to live in hope :)

·
Super Moderator
2,358 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong or misremembering ... a loooong time ago (which for current circumstances is like 1 year ;) ) I read somewhere that AA won't ever work wirelessly in the I-Pace because of hardware limitations. I don't like to put out rumors so please correct this if it's wrong, but I want to jog the memory of some of the seniors on this board ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was once told that it was technically possible and at one point even considered for the current I-Pace. I don't think it's happening though. JLR have been pretty clear on how they're not planning to introduce new features to InControl Touch Pro Duo. They're in bug fixing mode only.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I had twice contacted this company (see link below) since the device is fairly well received. However conspicuously missing from the compatible car list was our I-Pace. I was told they were in the final stages of testing and it would soon be available. That was a few months ago and at this point I hold out little hope for it ever being released for the I-Pace. I'm assuming there are some very difficult protocols to surmount to make wireless achievable in our cars.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
121 Posts
For those interested in wireless Android Auto, this will hopefully be an option once it ships at the end of this year: AAWireless

1 - 8 of 8 Posts