Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent about 3 hrs at the dealer getting winter wheelset installed + finally picking up the activity key that came originally with the car. Gonna miss the look of my summer tires - the 18s have a lot of rubber. They do ride quite a bit softer than the 22s. Curious to see any improvement in range - likely hard separate out the effect of winter/cold. The GOM did go up suddenly to 400km with 86% charge as soon as I started driving - seems to be correcting itself now.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
What rims are they?

I purchased 4 18" rims and brought them to the dealer to have winters put on them (I got the car with 20" rims). I got a call saying that the brake callipers were hitting the rims. I did not have time to look into it, so I returned the rims and they put Pirelli Scorpion Winters on the stock 20" rims. I wanted to go to 18" rims because of the terrible roads (potholes everywhere) in winter in Montreal.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Spent about 3 hrs at the dealer getting winter wheelset installed + finally picking up the activity key that came originally with the car. Gonna miss the look of my summer tires - the 18s have a lot of rubber. They do ride quite a bit softer than the 22s. Curious to see any improvement in range - likely hard separate out the effect of winter/cold. The GOM did go up suddenly to 400km with 86% charge as soon as I started driving - seems to be correcting itself now.
I expect lower range due to the increased rolling friction of the softer tires. Hard to separate tires from increased heating from the range impact.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts