Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent about 3 hrs at the dealer getting winter wheelset installed + finally picking up the activity key that came originally with the car. Gonna miss the look of my summer tires - the 18s have a lot of rubber. They do ride quite a bit softer than the 22s. Curious to see any improvement in range - likely hard separate out the effect of winter/cold. The GOM did go up suddenly to 400km with 86% charge as soon as I started driving - seems to be correcting itself now.

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
What rims are they?

I purchased 4 18" rims and brought them to the dealer to have winters put on them (I got the car with 20" rims). I got a call saying that the brake callipers were hitting the rims. I did not have time to look into it, so I returned the rims and they put Pirelli Scorpion Winters on the stock 20" rims. I wanted to go to 18" rims because of the terrible roads (potholes everywhere) in winter in Montreal.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Spent about 3 hrs at the dealer getting winter wheelset installed + finally picking up the activity key that came originally with the car. Gonna miss the look of my summer tires - the 18s have a lot of rubber. They do ride quite a bit softer than the 22s. Curious to see any improvement in range - likely hard separate out the effect of winter/cold. The GOM did go up suddenly to 400km with 86% charge as soon as I started driving - seems to be correcting itself now.
I expect lower range due to the increased rolling friction of the softer tires. Hard to separate tires from increased heating from the range impact.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're a stock 18 inch set from Jaguar. These were the only ones listed on Budds Jaguar website as compatible.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Guys you can get any wheel to fit the car so long as the wheel has a 63.4 mm bore and a 5x108 bolt pattern.

This wheel fitment spec is standard across certain models of Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover, Ford, Lincoln etc. and these wheels are interchangeable subject to ensuring the offset is such that there is sufficient clearance of the suspension arms [and having the appropriate TPMS modules installed if you want them]. You will need to ensure the overall rolling diameter calls within certain limits and you are good to go. Your friendly neighbourhood knowledgeable tire guy who actually knows what he is doing should be able to guide you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts