Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer says this is normal even though it wasn't "normal" before the cell was replaced in the drive battery. S/W has been updated to H264. Still have the problem. Dealer says he contacted Jaguar and they say car is charging to full, disregard the 94%. Doesn't sound right to me. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Is the car reporting 94% or is that based on how many kWh you're putting into the battery?

There was an issue reported in TopiX whereby the battery was only charging to either 93% or 94% (I can't remember which) but the car was reporting 100%. H264 was supposed to fix the issue but who knows.

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Dealer says this is normal even though it wasn't "normal" before the cell was replaced in the drive battery. S/W has been updated to H264. Still have the problem. Dealer says he contacted Jaguar and they say car is charging to full, disregard the 94%. Doesn't sound right to me. Anyone else have this problem?
That's baloney. They replaced a cell? Clearly that didn't fix the problem.
Do you have an Android device and can you install WattCat?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had the same problem, unable to charge over 93%.

This was fixed by JLR applying all of the updates that were available at the time - mid Oct 2019.

The senior Tech said special attention was also given to the BECU?

Charging to 100% was possible but the capacity shown on WatCatt ( and on the non disclosure PCC Beta App ) was low, but this has very slowly recovered to a still low 81.6kW.

My observation of the charging system in the I-Pace, using these 2 beta Apps is that the battery only balance charges when using an AC charger at a very low 6Amps input and Wattcat indicating 100% i.e. just before Vmax = 446 Volts or 4.129 V per cell when the charging stops.

Cheers, Steve
Charged at 93%.jpg

Reactions: d11111

·
Registered
571 Posts
When was the car updated? Before the end of January or after? If before then there's another update for the BECM that should be installed.

What are the temperatures around you at the time?

The battery charging is affected by the temperature. I have looked at mine with WattCat and found the capacity of the battery at 100% can vary. When cold it showed 80kW = 100%. On a much warmer day, I've seen 85.3kW = 100%. Today it says 82.6% = 100%.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When was the car updated? Before the end of January or after? If before then there's another update for the BECM that should be installed.

What are the temperatures around you at the time?

The battery charging is affected by the temperature. I have looked at mine with WattCat and found the capacity of the battery at 100% can vary. When cold it showed 80kW = 100%. On a much warmer day, I've seen 85.3kW = 100%. Today it says 82.6% = 100%.
H264 update installed 20 Feb 2020. Request information H280, but no reply yet. Service writer "looking into it".

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the same problem, unable to charge over 93%.

This was fixed by JLR applying all of the updates that were available at the time - mid Oct 2019.

The senior Tech said special attention was also given to the BECU?

Charging to 100% was possible but the capacity shown on WatCatt ( and on the non disclosure PCC Beta App ) was low, but this has very slowly recovered to a still low 81.6kW.

My observation of the charging system in the I-Pace, using these 2 beta Apps is that the battery only balance charges when using an AC charger at a very low 6Amps input and Wattcat indicating 100% i.e. just before Vmax = 446 Volts or 4.129 V per cell when the charging stops.

Cheers, Steve View attachment 3694
My only two data points are our garage Clipper Creek 30 amp and the public garage in Charleston. No data from either system available. I get the same "Complete" with "94% shown after full charging at each location. Never did this before the battery "repaired".

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the car reporting 94% or is that based on how many kWh you're putting into the battery?

There was an issue reported in TopiX whereby the battery was only charging to either 93% or 94% (I can't remember which) but the car was reporting 100%. H264 was supposed to fix the issue but who knows.
Car dashboard shows "Complete" and "94%".

·
Registered
608 Posts
I asked the Service Writer to check the battery when they installed H264. He said they did and it's fine. He also said he talk to Jaguar about the 94% and was told it's "normal". My only hope is H280 may fix it.
I have never heard of this issue before. It doesn't seem right that the dealer replaced battery cells and now it won't charge to 100%. I hope your dealer is correct but I think they're not.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I contacted Jaguar, they said they rely on the dealer. Next closest dealer is 300 miles way.
Hopefully they're correct and new software updates fix the issue. If you have an Android phone you can download the WattCat app. It will tell you the kWh that the battery is charging to.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts