Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my I-Pace a few months and suddenly last week the WiFi stopped working. When it goes to build the list of access points it can see, it just stays on the colored windows while building the list but it never shows the list (this is in an area with many access points which it used to show). If I add a known network like my phone’s hotspot it will fail to connect.

I thought the modem must have gotten into a bad state and hoped it would reset after the car was shut off but it hadn’t recovered after a week. Do I need to take it to the dealer to be diagnosed or is there something I can try to do myself to reset it and get it working again?

Thanks for any insights.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
My car took forever to get WiFi to connect. Then one day on it's own I pulled into our garage and my I-Pace was connected to our home WiFi.

But, now WiFi is no longer connected & I have given up trying to reconnect I cannot figure out why. White WiFi flag raised :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you turned off WiFi in the menu, shut the car down, let it sit overnight, and then turn WiFi back on?
I turned the wifi switch off and then back on immediately to try to reset it (which didn't work) but I didn't think to leave it off overnight. I will try that and see if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have also given up on an auto WIFI connection.
The only way is to go into settings and reenter the password.
When I take it in for a scheduled H264 update, I will mention it again.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I guess my I-Pace did not appreciate me telling everyone that the WiFi does not work and I have given up.

On a whim this morning, I tried WiFi. The car found our WiFi and took the password and paired it in about 20 seconds. First try. First time ever!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
548 Posts
I guess my I-Pace did not appreciate me telling everyone that the WiFi does not work and I have given up.

On a whim this morning, I tried WiFi. The car found our WiFi and took the password and paired it in about 20 seconds. First try. First time ever!!!!! LOL
Is your password very complex? What encryption are you using from your router? WPA?

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Is your password very complex? What encryption are you using from your router? WPA?
The WiFi that it took the other day has a very simple password.

What is funny/odd is that the only other time the WiFi has connected in my I-Pace, it used our backup WiFi that has a crazy long and super complex password :-O

I cannot find a rhyme or reason to the WiFi thing for the I-Pace.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I’ve had my I-Pace a few months and suddenly last week the WiFi stopped working. When it goes to build the list of access points it can see, it just stays on the colored windows while building the list but it never shows the list (this is in an area with many access points which it used to show). If I add a known network like my phone’s hotspot it will fail to connect.

I thought the modem must have gotten into a bad state and hoped it would reset after the car was shut off but it hadn’t recovered after a week. Do I need to take it to the dealer to be diagnosed or is there something I can try to do myself to reset it and get it working again?

Thanks for any insights.
I had the same thing happen to me last October. Took it to the dealer but they were useless because they didn't understand the difference between WiFi and cellular data.
I disconnected the negative on the battery and let the car sit for 15 minutes to reset the electronics - no difference.
Then, soon after 19C was available, I saw the download notification icon on the infotainment screen - this was using the SIM card's cellular data.
So I took the car home and all of a sudden it could see my WiFi AP. I quick downloaded 19C using WiFi and the problem has never returned.
I don't know if the availability of 19C was what made the WiFi work again or not. Let us know if you solve this.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, after a few weeks it started working again today. Tomorrow, who knows? I was planning to hotspot my phone's data connection when my car's trial runs out, but I wouldn't have been able to do that while the car's wifi was inoperable the last few weeks. I hate that I can't rely on it working.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Well, after a few weeks it started working again today. Tomorrow, who knows? I was planning to hotspot my phone's data connection when my car's trial runs out, but I wouldn't have been able to do that while the car's wifi was inoperable the last few weeks. I hate that I can't rely on it working.
While I have gotten my I-Pace to pair with our home WiFi now twice, it will not remember it the next day. It asks for WiFi password EVERY day, if I try to connect WiFi. Annoying and not worth the hassle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts