Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and found lots of info about SOTA, but could not find specific info about adding a password for WiFi.

Where I park in our garage, I actually have strong WiFi from our home WiFi. Where and how in the I-Pace do I add our WiFi password?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but being honest I kind of loathe "tech" stuff. I wish cars did not have software updates, LOL.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
I did a search and found lots of info about SOTA, but could not find specific info about adding a password for WiFi.

Where I park in our garage, I actually have strong WiFi from our home WiFi. Where and how in the I-Pace do I add our WiFi password?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but being honest I kind of loathe "tech" stuff. I wish cars did not have software updates, LOL.

Thank you!
just like a phone or computer, you do not 'need' to do an update. The car will work just as it is without the update. The update just allows you to take advantage of new features, or fix bugs you may be experiencing, but they are not a requirement.

As for how to do things, one of the best things to use is the iGuide (for Android or iOS) https://www.jaguar.com/owners_international/handbooks-guides/iguide.html

or you can look at the digital owners manual at: https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/model/4K/2019/document/29937_en_GBR

or the hard copy should be in your glovebox

Look under the topic titled 'Connectivity' - this is then found under the subheading "WI-FI CONNECTIVITY" (I did discover that the car does not like complex passwords and some special characters are a challenge to enter).

Wi-Fi allows the vehicle to connect to the internet using an external Wi-Fi network.

To enable Wi-Fi, select the settings icon to access the SETTINGS pop-up menu. Select All settings, followed by Connectivity.

The CONNECTIVITY pop-up menu displays Bluetooth, Mobile Data, Hotspot, and Wi-Fi.

Touch the Wi-Fi toggle, to enable Wi-Fi.

Touch Wi-Fi to view any Wi-Fi networks in range.

To connect to an unknown network, select the network name. When the Wi-Fi network is password protected, a keyboard displays to allow entry of the password.

To connect to a known network, select the network and touch Connect, or to forget this network, touch Forget.

To connect to a hidden network, select Add network from the network list. Enter the Network name, Security type, and Password, and press Connect.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just like a phone or computer, you do not 'need' to do an update. The car will work just as it is without the update. The update just allows you to take advantage of new features, or fix bugs you may be experiencing, but they are not a requirement.

As for how to do things, one of the best things to use is the iGuide (for Android or iOS) https://www.jaguar.com/owners_international/handbooks-guides/iguide.html

or you can look at the digital owners manual at: https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/model/4K/2019/document/29937_en_GBR

or the hard copy should be in your glovebox

Look under the topic titled 'Connectivity' - this is then found under the subheading "WI-FI CONNECTIVITY" (I did discover that the car does not like complex passwords and some special characters are a challenge to enter).

Wi-Fi allows the vehicle to connect to the internet using an external Wi-Fi network.

To enable Wi-Fi, select the settings icon to access the SETTINGS pop-up menu. Select All settings, followed by Connectivity.

The CONNECTIVITY pop-up menu displays Bluetooth, Mobile Data, Hotspot, and Wi-Fi.

Touch the Wi-Fi toggle, to enable Wi-Fi.

Touch Wi-Fi to view any Wi-Fi networks in range.

To connect to an unknown network, select the network name. When the Wi-Fi network is password protected, a keyboard displays to allow entry of the password.

To connect to a known network, select the network and touch Connect, or to forget this network, touch Forget.

To connect to a hidden network, select Add network from the network list. Enter the Network name, Security type, and Password, and press Connect.
Perfect. Thank you so much for your time!! Happy almost New Year!!! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts