Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second time this happened to me, I unplug, get in the car, drive off ... and a minute later at about 25mph I hear a 'cloink' and see something moving out of the left corner of my eye ... It's a feature, not a bug.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ditto ... never had it happen to me. I also suspect the charge door locks, if you have the auto lock door feature enabled when the I-Pace hits around 3 mph.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I should clarify that this was user error: I left the charge door open and it closed by itself due to wind resistance. A heavier door might not do that so quickly.
This has happened to me and when it happened I thought it self-closed due to a motor. It's a feature!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Has anybody done a test of how fast you need to accelerate to get the wind to push it fully closed?

I'm thinking that really fast acceleration would be better (and reduce the embarrassment time if anyone is around). :smile2:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just don't forget to close it if you're backing out of a very narrow garage door. It only hinges one way!
Glad to say I stopped just in time....

·
Registered
392 Posts
Just don't forget to close it if you're backing out of a very narrow garage door. It only hinges one way!
Glad to say I stopped just in time....
:surprise:

That would be as embarrassing as Model X gull wing doors open in videos I've seen both entering and leaving garages, but hopefully not as expensive to fix.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Door flimsy is almost as bad as manual steering wheel. I cannot believe such a sweet ride has manual steering wheel adjustment. Dangerous to try and do it while driving so I don’t do it anymore. There are times while driving that you want to change the steering wheel location but cannot because how hard the manual level is.

Another horrible issue is The manual seat setting on the lowest trim level. Jaguar tried selling me the lowest trim level and laughed so hard that a $70k car did not have automatic seating adjustments. I mean come on, most cars half the price have automatic searing electronic controls.

Come on Jaguar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Copy on the charge door...on all the EVs I have owned, I unplug the vehicle and coil the cord on the outlet, jumping into the driver's seat, backing out of the of the garage, thinking more about where I am going and other stuff, totally forgetting that the charge port door is open. Perhaps on some future model, there will be an auto close function (like with current day driver and passenger doors with auto-locking functions when at speed) available those of us who forget to close it...from time to time. It would be a good option no doubt!

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
It is very strange that the I-Pace has a manual steering wheel. The BMW i3 does as well, even the 2019/2020 model.

But, if it makes you feel any better....our 2020 Audi V10 R8 also ONLY comes with a manual steering wheel and seat memory and vented/cooled seats are NOT an option on the R8.

See...the Jag isn't so bad, eh? ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Copy on the charge door...on all the EVs I have owned, I unplug the vehicle and coil the cord on the outlet, jumping into the driver's seat, backing out of the of the garage, thinking more about where I am going and other stuff, totally forgetting that the charge port door is open. Perhaps on some future model, there will be an auto close function (like with current day driver and passenger doors with auto-locking functions when at speed) available those of us who forget to close it...from time to time. It would be a good option no doubt!

Or at least a "charge door open" warning in the dash.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It is very strange that the I-Pace has a manual steering wheel. The BMW i3 does as well, even the 2019/2020 model.

But, if it makes you feel any better....our 2020 Audi V10 R8 also ONLY comes with a manual steering wheel and seat memory and vented/cooled seats are NOT an option on the R8.

See...the Jag isn't so bad, eh? ;)
A number of European Lux car makers are not offering memory adjustments on the steering column. You used to be able to get it on Volvo but it's been absent since the SPA redesign.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Funny you should say that, it is an option on the Taycan. You can open/close it from inside, and it will auto close when you start moving.

Then again it is a lot of parts and potential issues for a mostly unnecessary “feature.”

·
Registered
555 Posts
Funny you should say that, it is an option on the Taycan. You can open/close it from inside, and it will auto close when you start moving.

Then again it is a lot of parts and potential issues for a mostly unnecessary “feature.”
These features are for the upgraded Taycan charge door (standard on Turbo S)?

·
Registered
980 Posts
These features are for the upgraded Taycan charge door (standard on Turbo S)?
Yes they are an option but I believe they are part of either a package and/or standard on the Turbo S. The only options on the Turbo S that matters are the dynamic stability control and the 400->800v DC to DC convertor to allow charging faster than 50KW at 400V only charging stations (which apparently is rare in the US).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts