Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Previous thread on this topic Home Charger recommendations

For home charging, I mostly use a older generation Juicebox Pro 40 that I can unplug, take off the wall, pack into its travel case with an assortment of plug adapters, and take it with me if necessary. It's app is superior to the ChargePoint app with regard to graphing of the charging and information supplied, but obviously does not provide information for not-at-home charging.

I also have a plug-in ChargePoint Home Flex unit that can be pressed into service if the Juicebox unit should fail. It can be hardwired if I were to mount it permanently. However, the unit will only accept 6 gauge wires. An installing electrician needs to be made aware of this.

The two chargers have plugs that are oriented 180 degrees with respect to the ground lug. I have the socket in the wall oriented for the Juicebox and use a self-made adapter to accommodate the ChargePoint Home Flex if I mount it to the wall near the socket.

I have had both chargers go through cycles of charging the car for as long as it takes from low SOC to 100% drawing the maximum (32A) that the I-pace can suckle. The outlet has not melted and shows no signs of doing so. It is a 14-50R socket from a big box home center store rated for 50A and the wiring to it is 4 gauge.
I have the same juicebox 40. The smart features work well enough. I use it to limit charging to 90% sometimes. It can do 11kw charging if a car can accept it - should work with my 2023 ipace when it arrives. The electrician wired it to a 50amp circuit breaker at the time of install for future proofing.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have the same juicebox 40. The smart features work well enough. I use it to limit charging to 90% sometimes. It can do 11kw charging if a car can accept it - should work with my 2023 ipace when it arrives. The electrician wired it to a 50amp circuit breaker at the time of install for future proofing.
Jinxed myself. My juicebox40 started emitting the 5 beep warning this week which is apparently stuck relay. Not easily fixable apparently. Good thing I have a back 32AMP dumb charger I keep in the care for charging at the cottage. Might buy another dumb charger to keep on hand - Black Friday!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts