Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
286 Posts
@Docrwm We have almost identical setups. My Flex is mounted between the garage doors and it‘s worked out great for us as well. I have also been pleased with the flex itself and the ChargePoint app. There used to be a public ChargePoint EVSE in my office park so it was nice to be able to manage home and occasional office charging in one place (though that charger is now sadly defunct).

With respect to cable management one thing I did that’s worked really well is mount angle brackets between the wall and garage door tracks to prevent the cord from falling into the gap and being pinched by the door.
Automotive lighting Helmet Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fender

· Registered
286 Posts
The new(ish) national electric code adopted in most of the US requires a GFCI breaker on a circuit with a receptacle intended for vehicle charging. GFCI breakers are much more expensive and they can trip because many EVSEs also include a GFCI. As a practical matter an EVSE should be hardwired under the NEC, since that does not require a GFCI and will be more reliable.

· Registered
286 Posts
i just bought angle brackets off the shelf from Home Depot. This isn’t the exact one but it gives you the idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts