Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm finally coming to a final decision point on purchasing an I Pace extended by making the I Pace search into my COVID sheltering hobby pursuit and viewing about every HSE in US inventory. I already sold my current vehicle today (only two days on Autotrader, unbelievable in this time) so need to pull the trigger. I have posited similar questions before but now this is real. Would appreciate your views on which one you might pick and why. Pics are of actual vehicles.

Door #1: 2020 HSE in Indus Silver, with oyster interior, oyster performance seats, full leather extension and loaded well. SoH battery capacity fade=93%. Local dealer, not very responsive. This car appears in my showcase

Door #2: 2019 HSE (last batch for 2019 i think) in Caesium Blue with all black trim and wheels, black interior, regular black leather sport seats, similarly loaded well plus adaptive dynamics. SoH battery capacity fade=92%. Out of state dealer, very responsive.

The rub is Door #2 nets out about $10k less expensive all-in than Door #1. I had not really considered Caesium until I saw a local one of these. I've had mostly gray cars recently.

Please comment if so inclined and want to use up some spare time. I know this is about my tastes but both seem like really good models. Thanks!
IMG_0599.jpeg
image1.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,714 Posts
Silver Pill, Blue Pill, which one to swallow? That's a tough one. I personally made performance seats a must, so I would not have considered Door #2.
Do you want/need the cold weather package? Both probably have it since they're HSEs? Some don't like the refraction patterns that sometimes appear in the front heated windshield.

You have two good options. Can you justify $10K more for the 2020 if you break it down? The performance seats are about $5K of that difference, so $5K to go.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I have Indus Silver, so I am very attached to that colour (it was quite hard to find at the time). But, for me I greatly prefer black leather.

The I-Pace I drove before I bought mine had oyster seats, and you could see A LOT of blue jean transfer on them. I have had several BMWs, MBZ and a RR Ghost and Bentley GT W12 with seashell and linen leather (like oyster) and they required weekly cleaning to keep jeans and dark pants/shorts dye off the leather.

My vote is the blue one with black leather. I love the oyster leather, but it is too much work to keep it up to my level or perfection.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bob, as the local car has the Performance Seats I would recommend you to go to the dealer and sit in the drivers seat for as long as they will let you remain there... (perhaps read the handbook).

Depending on your height, physique, age and any lower back or neck aches or pains this should allow you to test your body's compatibility with these particular seats, that miss out on a few adjustment settings on the fully optioned Sport Seats. It is a while since I compared the I-Pace Performance seats... fixed height headrests, seat base extension and pneumatic lumbar cushion may be missing.

I am of 6' height with wide shoulders, long legs and a lower back injury. I found that the side wings interfered with my shoulders, the head rest was at an uncomfortable height, the seat cushion was too short and the lumbar support ( that I am used to ) was missing too.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
134 Posts
That silver looks gorgeous, but it is $10,000 more. These things are so subjective, but 10 grand is 10 grand.

I’m struck by the mere 1% difference in battery fade between the two model years. The more I see these numbers the more I question their importance and their relation to charge-discharge cycles vs a car just sitting there ‘unexercised’ like stock cars do.

My delivery got put off until today and I don’t even know my SoH...well I know my SoH, just not my car’s. ;) I’ll find out today. When I first started reading about these numbers, a 92% SoH might have gotten me concerned, but it seems many of these numbers, whether from 2019s or 2020s, are in the low 90s, unless I’ve missed a bunch. As I said in another thread, the consensus about this over in Tesla land, where I’ve been living for the last 3 years, is that it’s far more pegged to the number of charge-discharge cycles than simply sitting idle. IOW the more you actually use the battery the more its ability to hold a charge will decline. I’ve lost about 5% over 3 years, but I do use Superchargers quite a bit (they’re free for me) and we know frequent SC use is not the best for battery longevity.

Good luck, I’m sure you’ll be happy with either car.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
185 Posts
My
Please comment if so inclined and want to use up some spare time. I know this is about my tastes but ......
My preference was the blue. Couldn't find one locally so went for a standard photon red FE. The blue, especially with the black trim is a sharp look.
The major differences would seem to be the seats and the $10k. Unfortunately, you are probably stuck with the local dealer for service. They would have to be damned good seats to justify that price, but that in a nutshell it is your preference. You have two good choices - pull the trigger and enjoy the driving experience.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now leaning toward the Blue. I do like the sharp look and it all works together . The dealer shop ran the cell-by-celll battery SoH report . They were all 95% or 94%, better than expected.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes both 20 inch. In fact the same wheels except for wheel color . The blue I Pace has the black wheels . I never considered those but In person they looked cool and fit the overall blue and black vibe

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would think the only reason you would want White seats is you live in the very bottom of the US, where it really stays hot all year long and don't have a garage. I drove 600 miles to get $17,000 off a new HSE and it was worth it. The local dealer opened about a month after I bought my I-Pace, out of State. When I went in for the H264 update he wanted to see my registration to see if I lived in his area. I got the feeling he would not work on my car if my registration had not been in his area, even though I bought the car before he opened. Red is the fastest fading paint color. Silver/Grey is the next fastest fading paint color. I'm not sure where Blue fits, but it is slower fading than Red and Silver/Grey. A note, I almost didn't buy my car, because we couldn't get the cruise control working on the test drive. You have to be following > 2 seconds, behind a car in front of you to make the cruise control work.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I would think the only reason you would want White seats is you live in the very bottom of the US, where it really stays hot all year long and don't have a garage. I drove 600 miles to get $17,000 off a new HSE and it was worth it. The local dealer opened about a month after I bought my I-Pace, out of State. When I went in for the H264 update he wanted to see my registration to see if I lived in his area. I got the feeling he would not work on my car if my registration had not been in his area, even though I bought the car before he opened. Red is the fastest fading paint color. Silver/Grey is the next fastest fading paint color. I'm not sure where Blue fits, but it is slower fading than Red and Silver/Grey. A note, I almost didn't buy my car, because we couldn't get the cruise control working on the test drive. You have to be following > 2 seconds, behind a car in front of you to make the cruise control work.
If you are under Jaguar factory warranty, you can go to ANY authorized Jaguar dealer in the USA for Service, Repair and Warranty work. A dealer cannot deny any services based on where you car is registered or where you live. Now...some dealers will not sell to you, if you do not live local. Back in 2016, I had a Range Rover dealer in Palm Springs that would not sell to me, because I live in Los Angeles. I find this behavior strange...turning a sale down!

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I'm finally coming to a final decision point on purchasing an I Pace extended by making the I Pace search into my COVID sheltering hobby pursuit and viewing about every HSE in US inventory. I already sold my current vehicle today (only two days on Autotrader, unbelievable in this time) so need to pull the trigger. I have posited similar questions before but now this is real. Would appreciate your views on which one you might pick and why. Pics are of actual vehicles.

Door #1: 2020 HSE in Indus Silver, with oyster interior, oyster performance seats, full leather extension and loaded well. SoH battery capacity fade=93%. Local dealer, not very responsive. This car appears in my showcase

Door #2: 2019 HSE (last batch for 2019 i think) in Caesium Blue with all black trim and wheels, black interior, regular black leather sport seats, similarly loaded well plus adaptive dynamics. SoH battery capacity fade=92%. Out of state dealer, very responsive.

The rub is Door #2 nets out about $10k less expensive all-in than Door #1. I had not really considered Caesium until I saw a local one of these. I've had mostly gray cars recently.

Please comment if so inclined and want to use up some spare time. I know this is about my tastes but both seem like really good models. Thanks! View attachment 3821 View attachment 3822
You can’t go wrong either way but buy the one that makes you just smile to sit in
Personally the blue is sharp and vibrant.
The best escape from covid 19. Enjoy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Blue and vibrant - Exactly the vibe I need right now! Caesium I Pace will be on a truck to me within a a few days. I may need to remove the chrome badging and get the leaper and letters below done in black chrome.

There a lesson here on impact of dealer service levels on making the purchase. It should not be that hard for them. All the local dealer needed to do was drive the silver one out to me and remind me why I liked it and make me feel like they wanted the sale.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Blue and vibrant - Exactly the vibe I need right now! Caesium I Pace will be on a truck to me within a a few days. I may need to remove the chrome badging and get the leaper and letters below done in black chrome.

There a lesson here on impact of dealer service levels on making the purchase. It should not be that hard for them. All the local dealer needed to do was drive the silver one out to me and remind me why I liked it and make me feel like they wanted the sale.
Congratulations

I did the full chrome delete and the rear reflectors

20200202_094451.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Super cool - and beautiful as well . Mine has the black wheels and black package i think like yours. What kind of material did you put over the red reflectors? What is the Leaper covered with?
0b4d2aa1b607542cb3e6bc4bbd51ab6e_635x475_Q75_V4.jpg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts