Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is not redundant - I did some searches.
Having the wheels changed at a shop - concern about jacking points. Do you need pucks like on some Corvettes?
If not do they just lift with there scissors lift on the jacking points?
Thanks, shopman1

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked out the IGuide, no help. Just want to know if you take it to a shop do they need what i call pucks or chucks and if so where do I get them?

馃嵑
[/QUOTE]

Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
I checked out the IGuide, no help. Just want to know if you take it to a shop do they need what i call pucks or chucks and if so where do I get them?

馃嵑
[/QUOTE]
"Wheel Changing" in the iGuide looks self explanetary. If it doesn't mention "pucks or chucks" or anything else, I would assume they are not needed.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The IGuide does mention a wheel chock which is stored in the vehicles spare wheel tool kit which does not come with this car nor a spare tire LOL.
So, I guess no one has had there wheels rotated or changed and that is why there is not an answer as yet to my problem.
Thanks anyway,
shopman1

Registered
2019 S with S21A and 16.2
The wheel chocks would be used if lifting one wheel in the air with a Jack. I took a look under my car and if I were to go to a tire shop I wouldn鈥檛 bring anything special. I took my Model X to a reputable tire shop and checked before and after and everything looked great.

Registered
The IGuide does mention a wheel chock which is stored in the vehicles spare wheel tool kit which does not come with this car nor a spare tire LOL.
So, I guess no one has had there wheels rotated or changed and that is why there is not an answer as yet to my problem.
Thanks anyway,
shopman1
I had Discount Tire mount snow tires on 18" rims and then the 20" summer tires in the Spring. No special equipment was required.

Registered
X2, I-Pace
I had the summer wheels/tires mounted at discount tire also and they put it on the lift like all the rest of the vehicles there - nothing special required.

Registered
Most professional shops have rubber on their lifts to help stop them from scratching the paint and too ensure the car doesn't slide, when on the lift. At home I use a dolly jack with a 1" piece of wood on it that has broken in half while lifting cars by the welded metal seams of the unibody cars of today, like the I-Pace. I have also used a mechanical bottle jack on the I-Pace without a problem, except for a scratch of paint off the seam. I was fortunate to have witnessed a front wheel drive Cadillac years ago, slide frontwards off a metal only hydraulic lift that was about 6' high. They had just finished up a front end alignment on my truck. The owner saw me and said no charge for the work if I left right then. I always wondered how they got that car out from between the wall and the lift.

Registered
I've had my car in twice at a chain Goodyear place for tire balancing (they got it right the second time). They didn't do anything special to lift the car and I've been under the car on ramps since then and everything looks fine.

Registered
if you want to jack the car and change your tires yourself, here is the location for the jack (plastic protection to remove)

Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
The IGuide does mention a wheel chock which is stored in the vehicles spare wheel ....
"chock" - used to prevent movement of the wheel diagonally opposed to the one to be removed.

Nothing about "pucks or chucks". Nothing out of the ordinary in the instructions. Go to a decent tire shop and they'll put kitty on a lift to get the job done.

Registered
I've had my tires changed both winters I've had it, no issues with the tire store, regular lift. The car is heavy though so make sure the lift is rated for the weight. They do trucks so the lift was rated for the weight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts