Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting a used 2019 HSE or FE but can't seem to find if there's any features exclusively to FE. Can someone with FE chime in? Thank you.

·
Registered
148 Posts
IIRC, a First Edition is basically an HSE with all the possible options added, so all First Editions were equipped the same, but a particular HSE may or may not be equipped the same. The only items that I can think of that were exclusive to the First Edition were the wheels (though other wheels could be optioned on to a First Edition) and the First Edition lettering on the dashboard.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Also the HUD was exclusive. At least that's what the dealer said when we got ours and it wasn't an option (MY20). Until MY2021.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes, the First Edition does have "First Edition" on the door entry sills, forgot about that one. The First Edition exclusive wheels are "Style 5070." Photon Red was initially exclusive to the First Edition as well, which were only available in Photon Red, Corris Gray, or Santorini Black. The HUD was not exclusive to the First Edition and was available as an option on all trim levels right off the bat in 2019 (in the US).

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,208 Posts
US market per sales literature (that I happen to have): First Edition has all the standard features of the HSE plus:
  • Heated windshield
  • Heated washer jets
  • Gloss black side window surround
  • 20" 5 split-spoke 'Style 5070' alloy wheels in Technical Grey with Polished finish
  • Metal treadplates with First Edition branding
  • Suedecloth headlining
  • Gloss Charcoal Ash First Edition veneer
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Four-zone Climate Control
  • Configurable Ambient interior lighting
  • Head-up display
  • Activity key
  • Adaptive Dynamics with configurable dynamics
Of course, the wheels could be other styles. A footnote states the 22" 5-spoke 'Style 5069' alloy wheels in Gloss Black with Diamond Turned Finish and carbon inserts are also available as an option.
When I was looking, most of them had the "optional" wheels most likely to increase cost/profits.

If you get the FE, make sure you also get the activity key(s) and not just the standard two fobs for it.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
666 Posts
US market per sales literature (that I happen to have): First Edition has all the standard features of the HSE plus:
  • Heated windshield
  • Heated washer jets
  • Gloss black side window surround
  • 20" 5 split-spoke 'Style 5070' alloy wheels in Technical Grey with Polished finish
  • Metal treadplates with First Edition branding
  • Suedecloth headlining
  • Gloss Charcoal Ash First Edition veneer
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Four-zone Climate Control
  • Configurable Ambient interior lighting
  • Head-up display
  • Activity key
  • Adaptive Dynamics with configurable dynamics
Of course, the wheels could be other styles. A footnote states the 22" 5-spoke 'Style 5069' alloy wheels in Gloss Black with Diamond Turned Finish and carbon inserts are also available as an option.
When I was looking, most of them had the "optional" wheels most likely to increase cost/profits.

If you get the FE, make sure you also get the activity key(s) and not just the standard two fobs for it.
That seems to sum up my FE. However, with the exception of the footsills and the dash trim all these features were available as options. The advantage of the FE was the price of the combined package came in well below adding all the options to an HSE.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much for all the useful information. I guess the one I'm getting is just regular HSE and not First Edition. Carfax report shows HSE/FIRST EDITION so I thought it might be FE.

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
76 Posts
Thank you so much for all the useful information. I guess the one I'm getting is just regular HSE and not First Edition. Carfax report shows HSE/FIRST EDITION so I thought it might be FE.
CarFax got me too- I thought I had the first edition but the lack of badging stating FE is the easiest way to know you are not one of the elite

·
Premium Member
2019 EV400 First Edition with 20" Wheelset using All-Weather Tires
57 Posts
Here is everything you need to know about the FE (and more). I bought mine used with 3300 miles and saved 1/3 the purchase price. The only options added were the 22"-wheels and paint color upgrade. I immediately replaced the 22" wheels with 20" ones and the factory Goodyear tires. But that's another story which has already been posted. Where I live and the fact I could likely never appreciate the difference was a wise one for me. I got a flat tire the first day, found out the hard-way about the tire cost and rotation requirement and never looked back.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts