Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of a 2019 HSE this week (US). The last owner didn't really use it much as it only has 4k mi. In service date was in Feb 2020. Charged to 91% and GOM shows 208mi. I'm using my Tesla charger and the app was showing 10-15mi/hr. I've read about an update that helps the charging speed and range? What updates should I be able to get without bringing my car into the dealer?

This is the vehicle details in WattCat:

TCU Battery: 90%
TCU Software Version: J8A2-70712-AV (16.2)
TCU Config Version: J7A3-70713-BV

What's the difference between SOTA and OTA and if all updates are available to everyone or you need to force the issue with the dealer? I tried searching through the forum first before asking but came up with many different answers. Apology if this is the wrong section to post this.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,208 Posts
SOTA=OTA. Sometimes the S doesn't get typed.
TCU battery always shows 90% if it is truly healthy.
The other 2 TCU settings seem to show what the vehicle had when built. Mine still show 14.2 values even though I have 19.2. Updating the configuration file doesn't make these change.

Go to the vehicle settings (gears icon on bottom), select "all settings", go to the "software update" selection.
You should see an Infotainment System version starting with "S21A" if current.
There should be a TCU version below that. It should show 19.2.
If you don't see those values, the dealer can go into their system and have it send out the Infotainment and TCU updates.

Below that is a battery energy management system version string. It should start with BP, CK or CJ. Most say BP.
If you see nothing, back out of that display and then go back to it. That will usually case a value to be displayed (at least on 16.2 and newer TCU software). Sometimes just touching the check for update will case the display to refresh and values appear.
If you don't see any of those letters, then you will need to go to the dealer to get software updated. H264/H280 update had to be installed by dealers.

Reset the GOM since it needs to forget the previous owner usage style and learn your driving style.
Get in the car and press the start button without foot on the brake.
Press brake and go pedals all the way down and hold then for at least 10 seconds. The GOM number should change.
Do this on a fully charged battery is preferred.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do see S21A_21.10.6-676616 but no BP or other letters or numbers under it. Battery energy control system is just blank. How do I check which HXXX it currently has?

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
167 Posts
I do see S21A_21.10.6-676616 but no BP or other letters or numbers under it. Battery energy control system is just blank. How do I check which HXXX it currently has?
You're not likely to get any updates to the BECS unless there is an outstanding campaign for your vehicle, or you have a specific complaint that can be addressed via an update. You can check for campaigns here: Home | TOPIx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're not likely to get any updates to the BECS unless there is an outstanding campaign for your vehicle, or you have a specific complaint that can be addressed via an update. You can check for campaigns here: Home | TOPIx
Weird, it keeps asking me to enter complete VIN when I already entered in. Is the page working for you right now?

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
167 Posts
Weird, it keeps asking me to enter complete VIN when I already entered in. Is the page working for you right now?
Yep, I just logged in about 20 mintues ago without issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts