Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I ask for before picking up a 2020 ipace?

For example, should I have them run a battery report before delivery? What software/firmware should be installed, etc.

Suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
2,263 Posts
Yes! Battery report, update all software to latest version (20A or perhaps 20C if they have it), TCU version 18.2 (I'm still on 14.2, arg).

·
Super Moderator
2,263 Posts
[Have them enable SOTA as well; I meant 20B btw]
Ask for a battery capacity fade report that lists all "cells" (which are actually modules). You want a state of health close to 100% in all of them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is so helpful! Dealer said they already update to 20B via SOTA. Still waiting on battery report. I"m an hour or so away for them so better to deal with stuff now, it will be a hassle later.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You are ok on the battery IMO with capacity fade in mid 90s%. Mine was the same . About 100 miles on the vehicle and sitting on dealer lot nearly one year before I purchased 2 months ago . The Battery controller never had a chance to do full charging and balances. I now have ~800 miles and several charging cycles on L2 home charger. While I do not have a new capacity fade analysis report , all the numbers on charging suggest I am close to full battery state of health and if off a few % does not really matter given my driving and charging at home behavior.

I seriously shopped 5 or 6 I-Paces both 2019 and 2020 models and asked for capacity fade state of battery health reports . Mid 90s% capacity fade was most frequent, none above that for cars on lots at least 6 months including 2020s and some were around 90/91%.

Dealers don’t know how to maintain them on the lot .

Purchase and enjoy !!

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you are buying, make sure you ask the dealer if the car is new and does Jaguar still have the Statement of Origin. This ensures you can get the $7500 federal credit off your taxes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. I ran the VIN in carfax and it shows up as new. And well, the dealer specifically said so. Looks like they’ve had it since October 2019 so I’m sure they are anxious to get rid of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts