Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an update from the dealer today saying they are halfway through replacement of two battery modules, so what should I ask for from them before accepting it back?

1. Battery Health Report? They seemed reluctant to give me a copy of the battery health report after they diagnosed the issue, but I think I deserve to get an updated report.
2. What capacity is reasonable for a car with <7k miles?
3. Should I ask for an extended warranty?
4. What about compensation for being without my Kitty for almost three months.
They did provide a loaner, but it is a Disco Sport running on regular gas because who would pay to put premium in a loaner?

Anything else?

·
Administrator
2,851 Posts
1. Yes you should get a battery health report but you'll also want to get your own data via the OBD port using powercruisecontrol.com's app. More on that below.
2. You should see 80kWh on the powercruisecontrol.com app when the battery is at 20C or higher. More on that below.
3. Not worth it IMO. If your battery is good now it will hopefully stay good.
4. Forget it

About powercruisecontrol.com. I helped the developer a bit during alpha and beta testing but I'm getting no compensation or anything. In fact I pay for the subscription. It's a great tool intended for planning and driving long trips. Very smart software ... but that's not why I'm mentioning it here ... I'm mentioning it because it happens to show you the OBD estimate of your battery capacity as well as battery temperature, and current consumption and some other stuff. Charge the kitty to 100% and check how much kWh the app is reporting. It should be at least 80 at 20C. HTH

P.s.: you need an OBD dongle with it, I use an earlier version of Amazon.com

·
Registered
246 Posts
Looks like PCC combines some nice features that I've been using separate apps to access. Just curious since you were involved in the testing, does it estimate battery capacity and temp beyond what can be found at https://ipace.herokuapp.com or is it essentially reporting what is found there?

·
Administrator
2,851 Posts
[Is herokuapp working for you right now? I get an empty page]
Regardless, PCC takes real time readings from the OBD port, which is why you need the dongle; herokuapp, Remote, and WattCat get their info from the JLR API. I don't think it's clear how the car's onboard info is converted on its way to the JLR database. When my battery is full at ~25C, PCC shows something like 82kWh, whereas WattCat shows 87kWh. But at lower SoC, PCC often reads a little higher. I suppose I trust the PCC reading more, somehow, because I feel it's "closer" to the car.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Interesting.

I can access herokuapp no problem, but rarely do so since it's easier to use one of the various apps.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had just started using MyPace before all this happened. It is showing 76.35kWh with 100% charge at 10C. The 12V battery is showing 13.0V, which is a relief since it’s been sitting for almost three months. Their test drives show a consumption of ~2.5 mi/kWh.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No wonder my 12V looked so strong after sitting for the better part of three months; they replaced it. The invoice shows it was dead, they tried to charge it, but it threw a code for replacement.

At least my Kitty is back home!

• Love
Reactions: Slam08

·
Registered
89 Posts
No wonder my 12V looked so strong after sitting for the better part of three months; they replaced it. The invoice shows it was dead, they tried to charge it, but it threw a code for replacement.

At least my Kitty is back home!
Wow, 3 months! I might break your record. Mine will be 3 months the 1st of February. Like you, I have concerns with the battery and would like to get the battery health report. However I’m almost afraid to ask for it. Every time I say I read this or that he sort of dismisses it, same response I get from most experts regardless of their field.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts