Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
My driving is mostly on roads with speed limits of 45-50 mph. I looked at my KWH and it was around 53KWh/100 miles. Because I am traveling at higher
speeds I guess I use more energy?

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
344 Posts
My driving is mostly on roads with speed limits of 45-50 mph. I looked at my KWH and it was around 53KWh/100 miles. Because I am traveling at higher
speeds I guess I use more energy?
53kWh/100miles is very high based on those speeds. I assume you have the AC cranked up and accelerate hard. As a reference for you, over a long highway drive back in June in 80 degree weather averaging 62mph I got 32.6kWh/100miles.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Actually I have the AC running at manuel level 2 and do not accelerate that hard. A lot of energy is probably used by cooling fan since the temp in South Florida is so hot. I will be sure to re-check my Kwh next time I get to use the car. I am currently waiting on a new charger, 26 amp, since I did not want to change my circuit breaker from 30 amp and my receptacle from 14-30. This should give
me roughly 16-18 mph charge, more then enough for me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Challenge accepted - see below my best hypermiling effort - based on Google maps the actual distance was 572.6km (355.8 miles) - I arrived with 2% at the charging station.
View attachment 4304

FYI - warning - after the H264 update there is very little safety once GOM hits 0, additionally the last 5% SoC holds much less energy. I reckon, bit depending on your speed, that from 5% SoC to car stopping there is less than 10 miles.
As I posted on UK forum "As previously discovered the last 5% holds VERY little power - at 5% I had driven 550.6km and was circling around 2 Ionity stations. Just 6km later SoC was already down to 3% and in last 200 meter while decelerating (so continuously in charge area) SoC dropped to 2%. "
WOW, 355.8 miles on a full charge and with 2% left, is that possible for an I-pace?

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Yeah thats roughly what would be required based on 84.7kWh battery capacity. Last time I fired up the android emulator to check WattCat I had 84.x, don't remember exactly. Most of my driving averages below that though around 25-27kWh/100miles. So the GOM should show higher start value with 100% but 282 is the max I've seen so far.

I'm guessing that it is a hard programmed limit as both Dutch and I can drive for miles before the GOM starts to go down.
My car is the opposite...the minute I start driving, even when going down hill, my G-o-M starts deducting mileage. Sometimes it will go to 2-3 miles, even if traveling just a mile :-O Our Taycan seems to not deduct mileage from the range for quite a while however. As my I-Pace gets below 50%, many times I still lose range mileage quickly, but battery SOC% seems more stable!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Long time lurker. I've had my First Edition since the fall of 2018, thought it was time to become active on the forum. 269 in eco, I think it was 264 in comfort but didn't snap a picture. Now that we are finally getting some warmer temps in northern New England I'm hoping to push it as close to 300 as I can get it. You'll notice in the picture I'm pushing 25k miles total, so the battery seems to be holding up nicely.

Hit over 5 mi/kWh on a short trip which would be over 400 mile range but that was mostly downhill, return trip gave me just over 3 mi/kWh, so average of 4 mi/kWh would get me over the 300 mark.

On a much longer drive averaged 3.53 mi/kWh which would get me around 290 miles.
That great information

·
Registered
7 Posts
My car is the opposite...the minute I start driving, even when going down hill, my G-o-M starts deducting mileage. Sometimes it will go to 2-3 miles, even if traveling just a mile :-O Our Taycan seems to not deduct mileage from the range for quite a while however. As my I-Pace gets below 50%, many times I still lose range mileage quickly, but battery SOC% seems more stable!
Time to take it in a have service take a deep dive your car may have other issues

81 - 87 of 87 Posts