Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
At least I know what GoM stands for now.
Just checked and my latest 100% charge was 278 miles. (447 km)

Highest GOM miles I have seen so far.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The only way I've gotten very high range estimates like that on the GoM is if I put it in Eco & turn off the AC on a 100% charge.

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is with AC off, correct?

When posting range #s, it’s important to note if HVAC is on or off. Range can easily go up 20 miles or more by just turning off AC at a full 100% charge.
Range is noted at end of charge. No AC in use when charging. Have not used much AC either when driving.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My range seems getting better. My last full charge was on 6/30 and it showed 262 miles with 86.75 kWh. After 5 days 148.5 miles of driving, 2/3 high way, 90+ degree, AC on, and mostly econ mode, I now have 115 miles, 44%, and 32.2 kWh left. 115+148.5=263.5, 115/44%=261.36, or 148.5/56%=265.18, all are close the initial 262 range. (kWh computations are not consistent). Note that I do have 22 inch wheels so the range could be better with 18 or 20 inch wheels. Only thing that I have done differently was an alignment (it was off a little) or 100% charge re-balancing did the trick?

·
Registered
8 Posts
When fully charged my GOM has consistently shown 454km (282miles) for the last months - actually think 454km is the max as never seen it higher also not with other UK forum members.
Also had times that I left fully charged and GOM didn't reduce for the first 10-20km driven.
IMG_2211.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow that's amazing. What do you guys think about a friendly competition? There seem to be some hypermilers here on the forum (I'm not one of them, haha, but on long trips I'm very cognizant of range). Shall we? 🍺
Challenge accepted - see below my best hypermiling effort - based on Google maps the actual distance was 572.6km (355.8 miles) - I arrived with 2% at the charging station.
IMG_2656.jpg

Final update for range on single charge as I just pulled in the garage and plugged in with 6% remaining, I had planned to drive around a bit more but my son was getting stressed out.
FYI - warning - after the H264 update there is very little safety once GOM hits 0, additionally the last 5% SoC holds much less energy. I reckon, bit depending on your speed, that from 5% SoC to car stopping there is less than 10 miles.
As I posted on UK forum "As previously discovered the last 5% holds VERY little power - at 5% I had driven 550.6km and was circling around 2 Ionity stations. Just 6km later SoC was already down to 3% and in last 200 meter while decelerating (so continuously in charge area) SoC dropped to 2%. "

·
Registered
589 Posts
When fully charged my GOM has consistently shown 454km (282miles) for the last months - actually think 454km is the max as never seen it higher also not with other UK forum members.
Also had times that I left fully charged and GOM didn't reduce for the first 10-20km driven.
View attachment 4303
That estimate is with the car on and the HVAC off after a full charge? I say that because I’ve seen a swing of 20 miles after fully charging and then turning the HVAC on & off.

·
Registered
56 Posts
View attachment 4303
Thats exactly what I've seen. Also for the last month 282 miles is what I start with and the GOM doesn't start decreasing for several miles after I head out. Seems like a weird limit to set, bet JLR would love to see people posting pics with 300+ mile range.
IMG_1547.PNG

·
Registered
27 Posts
I do drive pretty conservatively in Comfort mode as the grandkids are usually aboard. The range prediction is based on a number of factors including your driving habits, use of climate control, ambient temperature, city/highway driving. I don't think you're doing anything wrong and 218 miles isn't bad at all. After a software update my GoM showed 201 miles for a few weeks until the car readjusted to my driving. You might consider downloading WattCat which will tell you the battery kWh. Depending on your ambient temperature the battery should be over 80 kWh at 100% SoC. During the Colorado winter WattCat showed 78-79 kWh but with spring I am seeing 84.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2020 only a couple of months and just noticed a drop in my mileage charge to approx 222 from 240. I do drive the car pretty hard and assume the car is adjusting the mileage based on the way I drive. In any event I would like to know more about downloading WattCat. Does this download to my i phone or is this an app that downloads into the car? I don't have it listed on my Jaguar Apps.

·
Super Moderator
2,077 Posts
In any event I would like to know more about downloading WattCat. Does this download to my i phone or is this an app that downloads into the car? I don't have it listed on my Jaguar Apps.
It's an android-only app by forum member ardevd

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is that based on a minimum of 30kWh/100miles?
Yeah thats roughly what would be required based on 84.7kWh battery capacity. Last time I fired up the android emulator to check WattCat I had 84.x, don't remember exactly. Most of my driving averages below that though around 25-27kWh/100miles. So the GOM should show higher start value with 100% but 282 is the max I've seen so far.

I'm guessing that it is a hard programmed limit as both Dutch and I can drive for miles before the GOM starts to go down.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts