Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Little update on my ongoing test. I’m up to a total of 228.7 miles having used 77% of the battery. This would give me 297 total miles on the charge. Not sure when I’ll head out again but will try to burn off at least another 15% before charging. Once this charge cycle is done I’ll have to go on a continuous drive to see how far I can go in one shot.
Impressive already. What are your kWh readings.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What are your typical driving conditions - speed, stops, driving style? I am guessing this this suburban driving on roads with few stop signs or stoplights at speeds of 30-45mph. Impressive anyway
I don't do a lot of highway driving as I do try to be more efficient and I like the curvy back roads to throw the I-Pace into. I live in Maine so mostly rural with patches of suburban for roads. On my longer trips I do have long stretches posted at 55mph. There are stop signs and traffic lights sprinkled in especially on the way to work. But I can still hit my numbers punching it on the green. I rely on high regen braking for almost all of my stops and have a good balance on the throttle to maintain efficiency. A few weeks ago I did a test when I actually had to go into work where I drove completely in dynamic mode and was really close to my kWh/mile rating for the same trip in eco. The key is judging your distances to allow the regen to do all the work.

Impressive already. What are your kWh readings.
I'm generally between 25-28 kWh/100miles. Have had a few trips in the teens buts thats actually paying attention and mostly downhill to the destination. The return trip is higher but averages me back to my numbers for the roundtrip.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't do a lot of highway driving as I do try to be more efficient and I like the curvy back roads to throw the I-Pace into. I live in Maine so mostly rural with patches of suburban for roads. On my longer trips I do have long stretches posted at 55mph. There are stop signs and traffic lights sprinkled in especially on the way to work. But I can still hit my numbers punching it on the green. I rely on high regen braking for almost all of my stops and have a good balance on the throttle to maintain efficiency. A few weeks ago I did a test when I actually had to go into work where I drove completely in dynamic mode and was really close to my kWh/mile rating for the same trip in eco. The key is judging your distances to allow the regen to do all the work.

I'm generally between 25-28 kWh/100miles. Have had a few trips in the teens buts thats actually paying attention and mostly downhill to the destination. The return trip is higher but averages me back to my numbers for the roundtrip.

Hard to get under 30 on consistent bases. What size of wheel and tire do you have?

·
Registered
267 Posts

Those are crazy numbers! Has to involve underground magnets or secret hamsters on treadmills in the frunk!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Early days and out of date software, that is being addressed, but 100% charge shows 250 miles - so happy so far. will update once software updated. I'm in Seattle so it is never too cold and I use regen to the max - my brake discs get rusty through lack of use :)

·
Registered
678 Posts
I had H280 update yesterday and at 100% SoC the GoM dropped from 250 to 180. This would have been pretty accurate during winter driving but using WattCat my range is closer to 250 miles. I'm curious to see how long it takes to climb back. I haven't paid attention to the GoM in a long time so the decline is not an issue for me.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Style 1020 Gloss Black Wheels
50 Posts
Curious if anyone can tell me what Topix lists for the H280 campaign? I only see this, and clicking on it tells me that it doesn't refer to any documents.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
662 Posts
Curious if anyone can tell me what Topix lists for the H280 campaign? I only see this, and clicking on it tells me that it doesn't refer to any documents.

View attachment 4015
H280 is a BECM (battery engery control module) update for vehicles that got H264 update prior to 29 January. Since then, H264 and H280 are combined into one update.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Final update for range on single charge as I just pulled in the garage and plugged in with 6% remaining, I had planned to drive around a bit more but my son was getting stressed out. Adding all the journeys together I drove a total of 284.1 miles and consumed 94% of the battery. That would give me a estimated distance of 302 miles and probably a little bit more as others have shown you can continue driving a few miles once you hit 0% displayed. This was done over the course of two weeks so I probably lost a few electrons with it sitting in the garage. Maybe I'll plan a 300 mile nonstop loop sometime to really give it a run for its money.

·
Super Moderator
2,077 Posts
Wow that's amazing. What do you guys think about a friendly competition? There seem to be some hypermilers here on the forum (I'm not one of them, haha, but on long trips I'm very cognizant of range). Shall we? 🍺

·
Registered
38 Posts
UPDATE:
First charge since return from dealer.
range is now showing 263.
now my concern is watt cat shows battery health at 85%- that is a first- always been 100% when finished charging.

·
Registered
678 Posts
UPDATE:
First charge since return from dealer.
range is now showing 263.
now my concern is watt cat shows battery health at 85%- that is a first- always been 100% when finished charging.
The WattCat battery health % is a known issue. It's not WattCat but a problem in how the API reports it. There is an option in Settings to not display battery health and I turned it off because my eyes are instantly drawn to the %.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm confused.....
WattCat says my battery health is 100%, range 376km (233miles), but capacity only 72.15kwh. A few months ago, my capacity was listed at around 80kwh and winter range was closer to 340km.
Car tells me my consumption in spring weather has been around 19kwh/100km, which would give me a total range of over 400km if my battery capacity was 80+kwh.
I have not had the 264 upgrade.
Is there something wrong with my battery? Or is there something wrong with the way WattCat reports battery capacity/health/SOC?
Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'm confused.....
WattCat says my battery health is 100%, range 376km (233miles), but capacity only 72.15kwh. A few months ago, my capacity was listed at around 80kwh and winter range was closer to 340km.
Car tells me my consumption in spring weather has been around 19kwh/100km, which would give me a total range of over 400km if my battery capacity was 80+kwh.
I have not had the 264 upgrade.
Is there something wrong with my battery? Or is there something wrong with the way WattCat reports battery capacity/health/SOC?
Thanks for any insight.
What's odd is that the WattCat battery health indication has been known to be artificially low. It's not a WattCat issue but the car's API reporting so I'm surprised that you're seeing 100%. 72.15 kWh is certainly low and WattCat has accurately reflected both the SoC and kWh. There was an issue listed in TopiX that some cars were reporting SoC at 100% but were only charging to 93% and H264 is supposed to fix the problem. It's likely what you are experiencing but a trip to the dealer is in order.

·
Registered
266 Posts
After a charge on Sunday, I was looking at 249 miles of range. Almost immediately on a short trip, it was 240, so I figured the 249 was bogus. Now, on a second day of driving, it showed 255 miles of range at 96% SoC. That calculates to a 265 mile range.

The prior charge was taken down to 100 miles of range before I recharged. Most or all of that driving was lower speed, max up to 45 mph, over flat terrain and 80 F. temps requiring A/C, in comfort mode.

It was more sedate driving than normal for the last 'tank's' energy usage and current GoM projected range, but I have never seen any stated range close to this before.

·
Registered
2020 S
36 Posts
Last night I finally figured out the stupidity involved in getting the car to delay charging until the preferred charge window, and I woke up to freshly charged car. I did a double take when I saw the range this morning which I find highly dubious....

I have done nothing to warrant this kind of range. The last time I charged, the range said about 215. 282 seems a tad optimistic considering the car has almost no history to draw from.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts