Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, what vehicles do you already own and which one(s) you would trade or sell to get into an I-PACE?

On the F-PACE forum, there is a pretty significant spread, as many are brand new to Jaguar, and the low end F-PACE starts at around $42K, so the buy-in is much less than what is expected for this new model.

I wonder, would there be those who are new to Jaguar because is is a luxury brand electric? If so, what brand are you coming from?

Are there those who would have this as their primary form of transportation?

Or, like myself, are there those who have owned Jaguars for years, and find this one just another step in keeping their brand loyalty?

Here are mine, with the F-PACE on the chopping block for trade-in on the I-PACE, should it deliver what has been promised, and I get to give it a good test drive and go over it very carefully.

What are yours?

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2017 911C4 and a 2017 Mercedes C300 with sport package. I will keep both of them. There isn't any charging stations to get me to Vegas. I can't find a 100KW let alone a 50KW. If I could use a Tesla supercharger it would take me 6 hrs to get to Vegas. With ICE it is a 4hr and 15 minute drive. These reasons won't stop me from buying Electric.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I just picked up a Chrysler Pacifica which is a bit of an overkill, I-Pace is definitely on my list. But if it wasn't for the Model X having gull wing doors, I would have bought that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My lease on a Cadillac ELR is coming to end in January. The I-Pace would replace the ELR, I had a Volt before that, similar power plant.
I feel like I did the training wheels thing with the Voltec platforms and we are ready for a full on EV.
I considered the Tesla S/X but was turned off by the gullwing doors of the X. I love what Tesla did for the EV industry but am more attracted to a mainstream manufacturer.

I had a deposit on a Chevy Bolt but was hoping for something a little nicer such as a Buick or Cadillac variant when the I-Pace caught my attention.

The ELR is such a beautiful car I wasn’t sure how I would replace it, the I-Pace fits the bill!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I own a BMW M135i and a Porsche Boxster GTS (981).
I live near the Swiss alps and the rear-wheel driven BMW had some issues lately with the snow we got this season.
That's why I was planning to replace the BMW with a Porsche Macan GTS this year.

2 weeks ago I saw the announcement of the I-Pace and I went straight to Geneva to see it in the flesh.

1 week later I placed my order and now here I am :wink2:

I'm a patrol head and so far all my cars were modified and had after market exhaust systems.
Switching to EV is quite a step for me and I will keep the Porsche to satisfy my desire for engine music >:)

But I also like the idea of having an angle and a devil in the garage. :grin2:

Cheers
Dom

·
Registered
85 Posts
My lease on a Cadillac ELR is coming to end in January. The I-Pace would replace the ELR, I had a Volt before that, similar power plant.
I feel like I did the training wheels thing with the Voltec platforms and we are ready for a full on EV.
I considered the Tesla S/X but was turned off by the gullwing doors of the X. I love what Tesla did for the EV industry but am more attracted to a mainstream manufacturer.

I had a deposit on a Chevy Bolt but was hoping for something a little nicer such as a Buick or Cadillac variant when the I-Pace caught my attention.

The ELR is such a beautiful car I wasn’t sure how I would replace it, the I-Pace fits the bill!
I also started with a 2012 Volt on Lease, have been waiting for a suitable electric car since then. We cannot wait for our I-Pace First Edition...

My wife has a 2015 Land Rover Evoque, and I have a 2005 Lexus LX that we will keep forever. We have a vacation cabin in the mountains and the Lexus is like a mountain goat going through several feet of snow in the winters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts