Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any other EVs that you want next to your I-Pace?

I'm looking at
Taycan Turbo S
XJ
MERCEDES BENZ EQS

·
Registered
113 Posts
Rivian or Ford electric truck (I’m one who has a deposit on the Rivian but low threshold to cancel if it seems there’ll be systemic problems with the truck)
Also heard there might be a hybrid or electric version of the new c8 corvette, which might be worth checking out if it’s not vaporware
I’m also hoping VW does an official release of their concept electric dune buggy. ?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I have a deposit on the Rivian.
I certainly want to see the Mustang E even if it's not a Mustang.

Taycan is way more than I would spend on a car that depreciates. To trim it like the HSE/FE I-Pace is about $150,000 and it would still be missing features. Fully trimmed is about $250,000.

GM put out the Volt and the Bolt, two of the most robust and practical EV's engineered to date. I will certainly entertain a purchase of their next project. Hopefully an E-Ray or a Cadillac VE series.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I did pull the trigger on the Taycan Turbo S, but McRat is absolutely right. It is a complete financial loss, and honestly nothing that makes it different than the I Pace is needed, nor useful. And a little too sterile. I was going to hold out to the Audi ETron GT as my next EV, but I am not sure what I think of Audis new interior design direction.

I would trust anything Chevy all electric, but a hybrid drivetrain without interlink and the management that requires from Chevy would make me nervous.

I am waiting for a 2 seater Jaguar EV sports car... :)

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
We have a deposit on a Taycan (we placed it about 5 months ago). We just submitted out spec/build 2 days ago. On recommendation from the Porsche dealer GM, we did the 4S with the large battery. He says the Turbo(s) is so expensive & not really worth it. Our build is about $135,000.

We took the Taycan on an extensive test drive, when our dealer got their first Demo in. AMAZING car...fast, quiet, comfortable, perfect fit and finish and oozed quality. BUT...we both agreed the Jaguar felt more luxurious and the inside was laid out better and more logical to use.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm awaiting any luxury manufacturer that builds a decent, 4-seater CONVERTIBLE EV sedan to replace our BMW M240 convertible. Will miss the stick shift, but love the EV lifestyle (no fumes, no gas stations, no noise, no emissions).

·
Registered
911 Posts
I guess I'm different...
Fiat 500e - with a steering wheel extension.
Mini electric - not sure if I can get in and out comfortably.
I'll look at the Model Y - but the build quality and service... ugh
Rivian - a roll of the dice
Jeep EV - the lower COG might make it handle well enough

I'd really LOVE the Honda E, a small RWD 4 seater, but it's not coming to the USA. :(

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I'm different...
Fiat 500e - with a steering wheel extension.
Mini electric - not sure if I can get in and out comfortably.
I'll look at the Model Y - but the build quality and service... ugh
Rivian - a roll of the dice
Jeep EV - the lower COG might make it handle well enough

I'd really LOVE the Honda E, a small RWD 4 seater, but it's not coming to the USA. [img= class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img]
I've had the 500e for almost 3 years and I love it.
I drive it more than the ipace

I do love the Honda E, but I must be in the lime green

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would love it if Jag created a BEV version of their SportBrake or Audi a BEV version of their A6 Avant. My toys (windsurfing gear) won’t fit in a traditional sedan. I believe the Taycan and Audi e-Tran GT are on the same platform, just like the Macan and Audi Q5 share the same platform.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a deposit on the Rivian.
I certainly want to see the Mustang E even if it's not a Mustang.

Taycan is way more than I would spend on a car that depreciates. To trim it like the HSE/FE I-Pace is about $150,000 and it would still be missing features. Fully trimmed is about $250,000.

GM put out the Volt and the Bolt, two of the most robust and practical EV's engineered to date. I will certainly entertain a purchase of their next project. Hopefully an E-Ray or a Cadillac VE series.
Agree on the Taycan. I would would be throwing away $ and it's very overpriced compared to an Ipace, but that speed is intoxicating.
IMO the Turbo S should be $125k

I've been seeing lease specials on the Bolt which makes it a nice beater or long distance car.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Honda-e if it ever becomes available to NA/USA.
I've been drooling over that for some time. I was just saying how its unfortunate that it won't be in the US because I would definitely get one

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Well I liked it quite a bit as a city car and had a deposit on one overseas. I had to release it due to difficulty getting insurance, otherwise would have made a fun get around small European town car.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts