Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Reading both UK & US I-pace forum the max anyone has seen on GOM is 454km or 282 miles at 100% SoC - it seems to refuse to show more.
Several people including myself have reported that they could drive 10-20km before GOM range starts reducing.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
648 Posts
Reading both UK & US I-pace forum the max anyone has seen on GOM is 454km or 282 miles at 100% SoC - it seems to refuse to show more.
Several people including myself have reported that they could drive 10-20km before GOM range starts reducing.
Equates to a minimum of 30kWh/100miles. Software does not recognize lower usage.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have an appointment scheduled in January, first available, for the "EV" tech to look at.
Note: most appointments are at least a month out.
When I mentioned a warning popped up on the WattCat regarding low battery capacity, he just said, " we don't use third party software" or something like that. He was looking for a warning light. The theory is if there is no warning light, then no problem exists.
Just got back from my dealer appointment and the results are as I thought...Battery was performed a health check.
All cells are within range.. and shows 92.5% average state of health.

No mention as to the total kWh capacity.
No mention as to the battery temperature.

So how does the WattCat get its kWh reading from?
And does the total kWh also vary along with SOC and mileage?

·
Super Moderator
2,555 Posts
Just got back from my dealer appointment and the results are as I thought...Battery was performed a health check.
All cells are within range.. and shows 92.5% average state of health.

No mention as to the total kWh capacity.
No mention as to the battery temperature.

So how does the WattCat get its kWh reading from?
And does the total kWh also vary along with SOC and mileage?
Average 92.5% is not great but not a disaster either. Did they give you a pathfinder printout and could you post it?

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
242 Posts
I on the whole drive mine mainly in dynamic and not gently (sometimes like a man possessed) and I tend to get at least 130 miles from a charge to circa 85%.

I would suggest anything less than 150 to 180 miles from a full charge driving more sensibly in comfort mode would indicate a fault.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Average 92.5% is not great but not a disaster either. Did they give you a pathfinder printout and could you post it?
The 92.5% I realized was at around 88% SOC after driving to the dealer. I don't think the battery was at 100% when tested. Would think its SOC is important to know when doing a battery health check. Notes:

"Connected path finder and updated the battery charge control module and body control module. Performed traction battery SOH check and shows 92.5%. Performed HV battery pack cell SOH check and printed results."

I will try and post path finder results once I can make a image from the print out.

After arriving home rechecked the WattCatt: Battery=30.6 kWh at 73%. Est range=159 miles.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a PDF of 3 pages of battery test data.
So how do I open a ticket with JLR Corp? Anyone done this?

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
The latest per service is that my cell #9 is bad.
So the dealer will have their first hand at replacing one of the batteries.
They have never this before.
We will see how long it will take.

·
Super Moderator
2,555 Posts
Be ready for a long time out of commission. In my case it took almost 3 months; but that was >1year ago.

Because the dealer had never done it before they flew out a JLR engineer to oversee the project.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently took possession of my Jaguar I Pace and have reported my issues / problems on the forum and thank you to those who replied.
Please can several owners let me know of the full charge mileage an I Pace should show? I am now in northern France and after arriving in Calais & found no compatible chargers hence the photo attached of the recovery truck rescue after 4 hours of searching with an initial 40 mile range depleted to 11 miles! Before anybody asks ‘Why didn’t you fully charge before crossing the channel?’ I had given myself 6 hours to do a 180 miles journey to the Chunnel, that would normally take 3.5 hours in a car! I had to stop and part charge twice en-route to make the journey arriving at Folkestone 20 minutes before my train was due to leave.
I have attached a photo of my fully charged battery with the expected mileage indicated. Please can owners tell me what their mileage shows on a full charge? My mileage drops far fastet than the actual mileage at motorway speeds of 70-76mph on cruise control. This car cannot manage 120 miles let alone the 197 miles showing! I have been told to expect 180-240 miles on a full charge!! If so, I would have comfortably made it to Folkestone with time to fully re-charge and so avoiding the disaster in Calais where the infrastructure is poor to say the least.
Please let me know what your mileages state on a full charge?
I charge to 217 miles winter, 230 summer, never ever 297 as promised in 2019, travel 170 miles at motorway , 70 mph max, gradual acc, econ on.
Jag won’t take the car back. Charging not 30 mins for 150 miles, 2 miles per minute 2 hours 70%. Range not as promised. Charging not as promised. Brought home by A A.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When I got the car (last month), I would see 282 at full charge. After 4 weeks it's now 206. I just did my first "long" trip over the weekend, 100miles round trip and arrived at home with 49% remaining. I've always used the 200 mile estimate as my MAX distance I can travel without charging (100 out, 100 back). I do tend to be a bit heavy with my foot (it's too much fun!) and keep it in Dynamic 90% of the time. I also have the AC on and usually the cooled seat.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts