Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took possession of my Jaguar I Pace and have reported my issues / problems on the forum and thank you to those who replied.
Please can several owners let me know of the full charge mileage an I Pace should show? I am now in northern France and after arriving in Calais & found no compatible chargers hence the photo attached of the recovery truck rescue after 4 hours of searching with an initial 40 mile range depleted to 11 miles! Before anybody asks ‘Why didn’t you fully charge before crossing the channel?’ I had given myself 6 hours to do a 180 miles journey to the Chunnel, that would normally take 3.5 hours in a car! I had to stop and part charge twice en-route to make the journey arriving at Folkestone 20 minutes before my train was due to leave.
I have attached a photo of my fully charged battery with the expected mileage indicated. Please can owners tell me what their mileage shows on a full charge? My mileage drops far fastet than the actual mileage at motorway speeds of 70-76mph on cruise control. This car cannot manage 120 miles let alone the 197 miles showing! I have been told to expect 180-240 miles on a full charge!! If so, I would have comfortably made it to Folkestone with time to fully re-charge and so avoiding the disaster in Calais where the infrastructure is poor to say the least.
Please let me know what your mileages state on a full charge?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine's typically 240 miles, have happily done 200 mile plus motorway trips at 70 with over 10% remaining. Sounds like you have a duff and need a dealer visit.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
670 Posts
I am so sorry. My 2019 HSE is back at the dealer for the range and SOC% dropping quickly too. Even when I am going down a steep canyon, and my car shows "green" on the power meter, meaning my car is charging....my estimated range and battery SOC% drops.

Whilst driving on the highway, flat road, 65mph, car in ECO mode (I cannot use Comfort very often and never Dynamic as it eats the battery)..but anyway for each mile traveled, my range drops 2-4 miles :(

My previous EV was a 2019 BMW i3S with a 42kwh battery and the overall range was not much different than my I-Pace with a 90kwh battery. Unfortunately, the dealer is saying my car is "fine".

Good luck, and please keep us posted.

Btw, a full 100% charge shows, depending on temp, 230-260 miles. But, I have never, never gone even near 200 miles before needing to re-charge!

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
445 Posts
Sorry to hear of your further issue. You initial post was not encouraging - the answer would seem to be a dealership visit.
As I've stated before 230-250 miles is standard, maybe at 70-75mph highway that would drop to ~200miles.
Can you access the charging info for your charges? Perhaps thru the provider's app. Not sure what the system is in UK, but overhere most of us have the networked charger's app. If you have that you can see the kWs added to you battery and you will know the % change during charging. Do therr math to figure the battery capacity. I'm going to guess that a 100% charge does not deliver 86kW.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
82 Posts
I've only owned my 2020 I-Pace for about a month, and have less than 1,000 miles on the odometer. When I charge to 100%, I typically see a predicted range of 252 miles, although sometimes it shows 265 miles.

I've gotten to the point where I tend to look at SOC as opposed to miles, but even with SOC you have to be aware of conditions and driving style. I live in the mountains, and my wife's commute to work is downhill. On the way to work, the SOC only drops about 4% on a 23.9 mile drive. On the way back up the hill, it drops a further 13%. On the way down the hill, she averages 6.6 mi/kWh. On the way back up the hill, she averages 2.1 mi/kWh.

We have been charging the car after four round trips, which is 191.2 miles. The SOC is generally in the mid 30% range at that point.

·
Registered
596 Posts
FYI, there is not much difference in the range between ECO and Comfort mode. I don't drive daily because of the pandemic but I take out the I-PACE on the weekends for canyon and beach drives, typically around 50 to 100 miles. Fully charged the range is between 230 to 240 miles. I currently have 20K miles on the ODO and also had the H264 update.

·
Registered
69 Posts
2019 HSE 20" wheels

Consumption in city driving is around 18 - 18.5 kwh/100km
Consumption on the highway at 100km/h is closer to 20 kwh/100km

My battery capacity is only 72-74 kwh (so a trip to the shop is booked next week, hoping to fix some non-charging cells)

72 kwh / 18.5kwh/100km = 389km, which is just about what my GOM tells me I have after charging to 100%

·
Registered
123 Posts
My Jag is 15 months old with around 15,000 kms on it. When I fully charge at THIS time of year, the GOM shows 410 kms. If I switch to Eco, it goes up to 440 kms or 275 miles. In the winter the GOM shows around 340 kms.

But comparing our range against each other is pointless unless the following parameters are all the same - temperature, wind direction, terrain, temp inside the cabin etc etc. I find my GOM is fairly accurate as long as I continue to drive in the same way as I did before recharging. I use AC quite sparingly (23C) with the fan on setting "2" because those fans really suck watts. I use the Range Impact screen constantly.

Temp and wind direction have a huge effect on EVs - and of course speed can be a real killer. There are no freeways near me so most of my driving is at 100 kms/hr.

Since H254 and 280, I find the GOM very good but I still prefer to look at kWhr's used per 100 kms and divide that into 84 kWhr's of the battery. Using 21 kwhrs per 100 kms (roughly my usual non-urban consumption) = 400 kms range.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently took possession of my Jaguar I Pace and have reported my issues / problems on the forum and thank you to those who replied.
Please can several owners let me know of the full charge mileage an I Pace should show? I am now in northern France and after arriving in Calais & found no compatible chargers hence the photo attached of the recovery truck rescue after 4 hours of searching with an initial 40 mile range depleted to 11 miles! Before anybody asks ‘Why didn’t you fully charge before crossing the channel?’ I had given myself 6 hours to do a 180 miles journey to the Chunnel, that would normally take 3.5 hours in a car! I had to stop and part charge twice en-route to make the journey arriving at Folkestone 20 minutes before my train was due to leave.
I have attached a photo of my fully charged battery with the expected mileage indicated. Please can owners tell me what their mileage shows on a full charge? My mileage drops far fastet than the actual mileage at motorway speeds of 70-76mph on cruise control. This car cannot manage 120 miles let alone the 197 miles showing! I have been told to expect 180-240 miles on a full charge!! If so, I would have comfortably made it to Folkestone with time to fully re-charge and so avoiding the disaster in Calais where the infrastructure is poor to say the least.
Please let me know what your mileages state on a full charge?
On my 2019 HSE on a full charge I have seen the range to be between 240 and 160 miles depending on how you drive and the outside temperature.
Slow speed driving under 50 mph in eco mode with high regen, no A/C, moderate outside temperature with careful limited braking (use regen to slow down) smooth acceleration, I can get 240 miles.
Highway driving - the best one can get is 200 miles.
If you drive and brake aggressively, mileage can easily drop to 160.

In summary, to get the highest mileage, fully charge, pre-condition the car, set regen to High, drive mode to eco, avoid AC and heating and drive at moderate speed. Use regen to slow/brake the car instead of brakes. Accelerate smoothly.

Keep aggressive driving to short trips.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I put 5,000 miles on a Dec 2018-delivered 2019 FE before trading it in for a July-2019-delivered 2020 HSE (to eliminate the heated windshield, story documented elsewhere on the forum). That 2020 HSE now (12 months later) has 16,000 miles. I put another 2,700 mi on a loaner (also windshield related), so I've driven nearly 24,000 I-Pace miles in 3 different vehicles. The number displayed on your mileage estimator should fall between 180-250. When casually driving around town in the Florida winter (60-70 F), I do see 225-240 on the range estimator. Recently, in the 90F+ heat of the Florida summer (necessitating AC at level 3 or 4), making daily 30 min highway runs at 75-80mph, I see 190-200mi at 100% SOC. But now I know the car better, so I rely on my experience rather than the figure on the dash. Even when I saw 185 at 100% SOC, I knew I would get 220-230 in city driving. And even when I see 235 at 100% SOC, I know I'll get 190 on the highway under normal 75mph driving. If you are getting under 180mi of range, and not driving 100mph+ for long distances, then you likely have a battery issue.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I put 5,000 miles on a Dec 2018-delivered 2019 FE before trading it in for a July-2019-delivered 2020 HSE (to eliminate the heated windshield, story documented elsewhere on the forum). .... If you are getting under 180mi of range, and not driving 100mph+ for long distances, then you likely have a battery issue.
My experience of driving 80 - 90 mph results in under 180 mi of range, more specifically any where from 1.65 to 1.75 mi per percent of charge.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Eh John, are you aware of anything that could have caused a drop in capacity or was it always at that level?
Don't know cause.... but WattCat reported around 80kwh capacity unit a few weeks ago, then abruptly dropped to 70-72kwh.
Had H264 updated a couple weeks ago and capacity increased to 74-75kwh, but still nowhere near the expected 84-86kwh. The extra 10-15% capacity could mean a bump of 50km for my range.

Am heading out on an uphill road trip this weekend. Will see what my consumption is driving up 1500m over 200km and then what my consumption is coming back down.

The car goes in for a battery evaluation and repair next week, so hopefully they get me up to 85kwh capacity and I'll be off to the races!!

Still love my car!

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
445 Posts
Please guys...... just email me a photo of your range on a full charge to compare with mine attached!?!
I am sure we have all seen 204miles on a full charge at somepoint- midwinter very low temps, highway driving etc, but your usage numbers do not make sense. Even if your GoM say 204, are you getting anywhere near this in real miles?
You have not reported the energy added to your battery, only change in SoC? Compare the energy added to the change in SoC to get a rough approximation of your battery's capacity.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am not getting anything like 204 miles and please forgive me but.... I have only owned the I Pace for 5 days, I am not physics savvy and don’t understand what you mean by SOC? Please enlighten me

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
445 Posts
State of Charge - the % charge displayed by the car.
The charger should show much energy has been added to the car in kW.

·
Registered
275 Posts
2019 HSE 20" wheels

Consumption in city driving is around 18 - 18.5 kwh/100km
Consumption on the highway at 100km/h is closer to 20 kwh/100km

My battery capacity is only 72-74 kwh (so a trip to the shop is booked next week, hoping to fix some non-charging cells)

72 kwh / 18.5kwh/100km = 389km, which is just about what my GOM tells me I have after charging to 100%
I don't think I've ever gotten as low as 20kwh/100km and generally get around 23. Can others report their typical consumption?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts