Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For a long time I thought all electric cars must have been designed by eccentric dreamers who were smoking mushrooms somewhere in a dark corner. The Citicar, G-Whiz, Flybo,..

But lately this has changed - to some degree. I still think too many look like, well, electric cars - why the ### do some brands emphasize the charging port for example, do they people who own electric cars have bad eye sight?

So where are we now?
What is the pan ultimate design winner?

Some ideas in no particular order
  • Jaguar I-Pace (edit: wanted to provoke by leaving it out but have added :)
  • Karma SC2
  • Porsche Taycan
  • Polestar 2
  • Audi E-Tron GT
  • Mini Electric

Personally I also miss seeing more small roadsters on the road that don't look half bad, hopefully battery technology will enable the upcoming electric Mazda MX-5 to have some range and still look great. We can't all be driving Porsches after all, that would be boring.

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Rimac and Lotus are making the nicest looking EVs. Mercedes made that bonkers EV a few years ago, too. For mainstream, I-Pace is the nicest, and you know it because everybody else copied the design. The new Audi is interesting looking but a bit busy. Fisker? Dated and the silly nose kill it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rimac and Lotus are making the nicest looking EVs. Mercedes made that bonkers EV a few years ago, too. For mainstream, I-Pace is the nicest, and you know it because everybody else copied the design. The new Audi is interesting looking but a bit busy. Fisker? Dated and the silly nose kill it.
Lotus Evija is not bad..

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Evagina. Honestly, terrible name. Or amazing name.

Problem is, they're both too expensive. I want the Boxster EV.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Clarkson? It that you? Never mind, a positive comment about a Porsche.
If we are talking about Lotus and ICE cars, an electric Emira would be the bees knees.
I'd poop myself for an electric Emira. That's the dream. Well, then again, I'd like topless driving. Is the Emira going to be topless?

Topless EV is fun. Wind. A little motor whine. Nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts