Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
We had a 2014 BMW i3 BEV (not the hybrid version).
Loved the car except for the range. We were waiting for the i5, but BMW let us down.
i4 is on the way, some day... iX3 will be made in China.....
Decided on Jag I-Pace because Tesla's closest showroom is in NC, we live in SC.
Not fond of Tesla interiors. Not comfortable with how Tesla does warranty work.
With the problems we've had with the I-Pace we may be ready for the i4.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a blue 2012 Ford Focus electric. In 2015 it was totaled from a driver entering a freeway going the wrong way. What was amazing was how far the Ford booted the other car back and the FFE continued on down the road on 1 front wheel. When the air bag went down, I actually steered it to the side of the road. I attribute this to the battery being in the back of the car. You know how the Jaguar generally won't spin tires, the Ford spun it's front tires all the time. I wasn't hurt, but the other driver was hauled off in an ambulance and was in the hospital for months. They took his drivers license away permanently after this. I then found another new Black 2016 Ford Focus Electric and bought it. I put soft compound tires on both cars and it made a world of difference. No Squealing! The FFE would take our local roundabouts faster than the I-Pace. Part of this has to do with the I-Pace killing all power as you get near the tires slip point(I have found no setting that will stop this from happening). The Ford did this some to, but not to the extent the I-Pace does. FordE.jpg 2016FFE.jpg I had a trailer hitch on both Fords and my I-Pace.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I had a blue 2012 Ford Focus electric. In 2015 it was totaled from a driver entering a freeway going the wrong way. What was amazing was how far the Ford booted the other car back and the FFE continued on down the road on 1 front wheel. When the air bag went down, I actually steered it to the side of the road. I attribute this to the battery being in the back of the car. You know how the Jaguar generally won't spin tires, the Ford spun it's front tires all the time. I wasn't hurt, but the other driver was hauled off in an ambulance and was in the hospital for months. They took his drivers license away permanently after this. I then found another new Black 2016 Ford Focus Electric and bought it. I put soft compound tires on both cars and it made a world of difference. No Squealing! The FFE would take our local roundabouts faster than the I-Pace. Part of this has to do with the I-Pace killing all power as you get near the tires slip point(I have found no setting that will stop this from happening). The Ford did this some to, but not to the extent the I-Pace does.
I had a trailer hitch on both Fords and my I-Pace.
Great story and glad you managed to survive a terrible accident.

I had a 2015 Fusion PHEV and it was a great car. Only problem was the battery filled most of the trunk but was perfect as a daily driver. Averaged almost 62 MPG over 3 years.

·
Registered
62 Posts
2001 Honda Insight Hybrid
2003 Honda Civic Hybrid
2011 Chevy Volt
2013 Tesla Model S (still own, for now)
2017 BMW X5 40e PHEV (fits both our dogs)
2020 Jaguar I-Pace

·
Registered
406 Posts
I had a Fisker Karma. It was beautiful and in perfect condition. I hated to let it go, but my local service tech went under and I had to start going all the way to CA to get it worked on. So, my I-Pace doesn't get quite as many stares/questions (though it does pretty good), but it's more fun to drive ... and it carries a helluva a lot more groceries. And, staggeringly, it's still more rare in the U.S. than my Karma was. How is Jaguar f__ing up sales of THE BEST EV FOR THE MONEY THERE IS?

·
Super Moderator
1,719 Posts
The dealer issue has clearly emerged as the main barrier to EV adoption in the US. You want the people who sell the car to be enthusiastic about it, but how can the sales guy who knows siht about EVs or the service guy who knows siht about troubleshooting batteries and range be enthusiastic about an EV? They were initially enthusiastic but once they realized that you have to have domain knowledge they realized they could not sell or service them while keeping a straight face. I do hope they learn!

·
Registered
61 Posts
How about this one. I was talking the other day to the Client Advisor supervisor (leader of all the sales people) about if the start - stop technology was very annoying on a 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Velar. He responded it was just like my I-Pace. Whaaaaat? Goes to the point of lack of knowledge about the I-Pace among the sales people.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts