Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was your previous EV before you decided on an I-Pace?

Mine is a Fiat 500e which I still have and thoroughly enjoy

I see many had an I-3

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I had a 2019 BMW i3S for 3 months. LOVED it, although BMW bought it back after 3 repairs on the generating system.

But, it was a blast to drive and I have never had an easier car to park and you could turn in complete circles on residential streets. I've never experienced such a turn radius before.

Great HVAC, beyond intuitive iDrive and controls and quite good materials and finish for a $45-60k car, but I did experience lots of rattles and shakes sadly, but on smooth roads the i3 was perfect. It seems most i3 are rattle free though.

Of course, phenomenal BMW network of dealers, support, service, parts....

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My list has gone as follows: Roadster->Leaf->i8->i3->Bolt->I Pace.

Some of this least still remains...
If we are going back, my first EV was a Ford Think neighbor on 15" rims as my daily driver

No matter the weather, day or night, I drove it everywhere in LA.

It made me really appreciate a charging network instead of searching for any 110 outlet to top off

·
Registered
980 Posts
If we are going back, my first EV was a Ford Think neighbor on 15" rims as my daily driver

No matter the weather, day or night, I drove it everywhere in LA.

It made me really appreciate a charging network instead of searching for any 110 outlet to top off
I had to look that up! Interesting little thing.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had to look that up! Interesting little thing.

Same here! Curious...what was it used for? Taxing people around?
I got it in 2001. It was my car, car
Anywhere you would go with your I-Pace, I would take this.
It only went 25mph, 30 miles of range,so I had to
Learn every side street.
I would take 5 people with me to dinner, park it top for valet
Its a registered automobile

I really wanted to the Think City but it was all sold out

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Lexus 450h - first hybrid car

Chevy VOLT, generation 1; bought used and drove for nearly 5 years - put just over 500L of gas in it, so about 100L/year (25 gal/year). One $75 oil change at a local Jiffy Lube, but no other maintenance. Great car and my son has it now.

Wife and I purchased a 2020 Kia Soul EV last summer and loved it so much I started looking for another BEV, but bigger with AWD and more comfy interior - looked at etron, Model 3, but went for the I-Pace, which we love

·
Registered
247 Posts
2015 Ford Fusion Energi PHEV. Average 61 MPG over 3 years. Never a problem, just scheduled maintenance. In summer I could drive 25-30 miles on battery alone but only 15-18 in winter. Great car but was on a lease. I hated to return it but it's value after 3 years was less than the residual. Other weakness was the battery location resulted in a tiny trunk.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2015 Ford Fusion Energi PHEV. Average 61 MPG over 3 years. Never a problem, just scheduled maintenance. In summer I could drive 25-30 miles on battery alone but only 15-18 in winter. Great car but was on a lease. I hated to return it but it's value after 3 years was less than the residual. Other weakness was the battery location resulted in a tiny trunk.
Everone raves about the Fusion. Good looking car with the Aston Martin front

·
Registered
247 Posts
Everone raves about the Fusion. Good looking car with the Aston Martin front
My buddy had one for three years ... and then he got himself another identical one! I agree, great sedan.
When we returned the Energi we bought a 17' Fusion AWD Platinum. Great car but hardly gets driven because our I-Pace is such a joy to drive. Even when the weather is at its coldest the I-Pace is 4x more efficient. When we do drive it, my wife and I remark about the noise and smell of gas. We took it to Texas (1200 miles) with 4 people and lots of luggage and everyone was comfy. Not high on my favorite car list simply due to boring driving dynamics but overall it does everything we need.

·
Registered
521 Posts
2011 LEAF. Short on range and the battery was losing capacity quick at three year mark.
2014 RAV4-EV. Problematic combination of Tesla drivetrain and Toyota body. Not well supported by Toyota and very expensive to fix out of warranty. Twice the range of the LEAF.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I started with an '05 Civic mild hybrid with CVT. An okay car that managed 43MPG but the CVT died at 50,000 miles. I haven't touched a CVT car since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fist one was a few years back,, a BMW i3. Since then I get only EV. After BMW i3 got a Tesla models, then an Audi e tron and now the Jag. Overall the Jag is the best by far however I do miss the Tesla long range and some of their gimmicks

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
238 Posts
Fist one was a few years back,, a BMW i3. Since then I get only EV. After BMW i3 got a Tesla models, then an Audi e tron and now the Jag. Overall the Jag is the best by far however I do miss the Tesla long range and some of their gimmicks
How did you find the L3 charging on the e-Tron? Did it live up to the promised speeds?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I started with an '05 Civic mild hybrid with CVT. An okay car that managed 43MPG but the CVT died at 50,000 miles. I haven't touched a CVT car since.
Prior to my Jag I owned a Ford Escape hybrid, and a Mercury Mariner hybrid, both with CVT. I put >200k miles on the pair and had no transmission issues at all. Very smooth. Not sure why CVT is not more popular.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts