Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know the latest infotainment software is 20B. But, what does the attached software for? Are there any others that I should confirm are updated?

Wow, doing your due diligence on an BEV is clearly different from an ICE!

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
121 Posts
That's the telematics version, which controls vehicle connectivity but I believe is also related to the batter control unit (BCU). 18.3 is the latest, or a very late version. So far Jag has yet to release an update over the air for it; dealers must program updates still.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! The Infotainment sofware is confirmed 20B. They said they updated everything they could, so I suppose that’s all good. Dealers really are still struggling with the technical side of these vehicles vs traditional ICE cars.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
904 Posts
Since the BECM starts with 'BP' we also know that you have H264/H280 applied. That's the latest release for that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have no entry for Vehicle connectivity system or Battery energy control system. It also says there is no update available.
Should this be something I should ask my JLR dealer about?
IMG_3623.jpg

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have no entry for Vehicle connectivity system or Battery energy control system. It also says there is no update available.
Should this be something I should ask my JLR dealer about?
A lack of displayed software version for the TCU and battery energy control system has been a bug since 19A was released. I'm on 20B and there still is no listed software version. I think a couple of forum members might have seen the version displayed so perhaps someone can comment. It's not something your dealership can assist with.

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
215 Posts
My entries for those two are blank also, on 20B as well, but haven't seen that those filled out in a long time. I'm just letting it go since I can't see anything being negatively affected by it.

·
Registered
853 Posts
It looks like Telematics "18.2" to me. (Still more recent than my 14.2. :rolleyes:)
Hey, better than my mystery version that can't even be called up when you hit update...and the saga of no 20B continues. But the car has been solid after my no start incident, so I'm OK with that.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
121 Posts
Not to hijack, but has anyone figured out a way to get a dealer to update telematics on request? I'm on 16.2 and would love to be on the latest, but my dealer told me that Jag explicitly forbides them from installing I-PACE updates unless they are directed to do so.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm on 14.2, I think. Also have some battery cells not charging.
Will upgrading the telematics version help those non-charging cells? Or does my battery itself need repair?

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'm on 14.2, I think. Also have some battery cells not charging.
Will upgrading the telematics version help those non-charging cells? Or does my battery itself need repair?
A telematics update won't help with the battery. Cell balancing during charging should help but I'm curious what data is showing that some cells aren't charging. Are you seeing a decrease in capacity?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Not to hijack, but has anyone figured out a way to get a dealer to update telematics on request? I'm on 16.2 and would love to be on the latest, but my dealer told me that Jag explicitly forbides them from installing I-PACE updates unless they are directed to do so.
I'm still on 14.2 and my dealer reported the same JLR directive. I think some folks have received the update after reporting a problem with their app not communicating with the car.

·
Registered
75 Posts
A telematics update won't help with the battery. Cell balancing during charging should help but I'm curious what data is showing that some cells aren't charging. Are you seeing a decrease in capacity?
Yup
WattCat showed 80-81,kwh capacity at max charge when I got the car last year. Not the reported 84kwh, but pretty close. Then about 2 months ago I was suddenly only seeing 71-73kwh capacity at max charge. Had it in to my dealer who suggested their diagnostics showed problems with some of the cells. The EV technician wasn't available at the time - so I'll bring it back for repairs soon.

Had the H264 update performed and my battery capacity made it up to just over 75kwh, presumably due to the released portions of the upper and lower buffers mad possible by H264. But I'm nowhere near 84-86kwh capacity and although my consumption is sitting at around 18-18.5 kwh/100km (which should give me well over 400km range from an 80+ kwh battery), my useful range is only about 370km.

It all points to there being some problem with the battery capacity - so I presume I have 3 or 4 of the 36 cells down...

Wish me luck

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yup
WattCat showed 80-81,kwh capacity at max charge when I got the car last year. Not the reported 84kwh, but pretty close. Then about 2 months ago I was suddenly only seeing 71-73kwh capacity at max charge. Had it in to my dealer who suggested their diagnostics showed problems with some of the cells. The EV technician wasn't available at the time - so I'll bring it back for repairs soon.

Had the H264 update performed and my battery capacity made it up to just over 75kwh, presumably due to the released portions of the upper and lower buffers mad possible by H264. But I'm nowhere near 84-86kwh capacity and although my consumption is sitting at around 18-18.5 kwh/100km (which should give me well over 400km range from an 80+ kwh battery), my useful range is only about 370km.

It all points to there being some problem with the battery capacity - so I presume I have 3 or 4 of the 36 cells down...

Wish me luck
Yes, you're certainly right about the battery. Best of luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2019 is on vehicle connectivity system 16.2 and InControl touch pro is on S19B_19.40.4-436082. Do I need to make an app on for updates?
edit: corrected incontrol stuff.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My 2019 is on vehicle connectivity system 16.2 and InControl touch pro is on S29B_19.40.4-436082. Do I need to make an app on for updates?
You need to go back to the future with that one... I am pretty sure the two numbers after the S are the year of the release.

I am just glad to know they are still making I-Paces in 2029...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts