Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped the vehicle for a interior liner replacement last week and asked them to update the software from 18d to 19b. And the latest telematics software as well.

He called me yesterday to say there is no 19b and 18d is the latest. I asked him if he used topix etc and he kept saying yes. How the heck to I get him to understand there is a 18b and I need it. The 18b crashes Android auto big time. Help!! Please.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
IF they do the H228 update program then he can enable the SOTA and you can update to 19b yourself. Make sure he does that campaign. Mine when done had everything but infotainment update, and once dealer enabled that it came over the air. But do not leave until you get in the car and it shows update available no matter what they say.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,967 Posts
Arg. Another case of dealer cluelessness or plain negligence. Bring evidence to them, like gtquan suggests.

In theory, dealers are more responsive when you tell them that you actually have a problem and whatever you suggest will fix it. Then they don't really have an out.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Arg. Another case of dealer cluelessness or plain negligence. Bring evidence to them, like gtquan suggests.

In theory, dealers are more responsive when you tell them that you actually have a problem and whatever you suggest will fix it. Then they don't really have an out.
This. You have to go in with a specific problem. "The backup camera has a dangerous amount of lag." "I get a black screen sometimes. Here's a video of it." They confirm the issue. Then they update. It probably has to do with how they get paid.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. How do I check if they have done the h228 campaign? Is there anyway to find out? He says all recalls and updates are upto date! This is pissing me off.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Thanks everyone. How do I check if they have done the h228 campaign? Is there anyway to find out? He says all recalls and updates are upto date! This is pissing me off.
Go to the Topix website here: https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm

Use "Register" the first time and create an account.

From then on, use "Independent Operator Login" with your account credentials.

Enter the last 8 of your VIN when prompted. A list of "Outstanding campaigns" will be one of the items listed. Most of the other actions won't be available without at least a short-term paid subscription.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Mine matches what you posted after h228 and my telematics and battery also show blank. So looks like you are now up to date.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine matches what you posted after h228 and my telematics and battery also show blank. So looks like you are now up to date.
Thanks ?. It's funny the software update is today which means they did it today after I told them I'll call JLR when I get to the dealership so they can talk and learn how to get 19B ??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This. You have to go in with a specific problem. "The backup camera has a dangerous amount of lag." "I get a black screen sometimes. Here's a video of it." They confirm the issue. Then they update. It probably has to do with how they get paid.
Tried this, LOL. The rep asked me a 100 questions, including how full my tank was, LOLOL. And finally said, thanks for all the info, we've documented this as a risk in our logs but you will NOT hear from us, just continue working with your dealer.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Attached is a list of recalls/campaigns they have done in the vehicle. Not sure if the h228A is the same as h228V2..

if the dealer has applied all those in the image, then you have all the latest recalls complete. That does not mean all your software is up to date. For example, if you look at software updates in the top main screen when you are in Settings, if Telematics doesn't show as 18.2, you are missing some updates.

Sorry, but I wish I could understand why some dealers are so resistant to providing the software updates.

It seems most dealers have exactly one person who has been trained and certified on iPace, including how to do all the software updates. If that tech was not the person you spoke with, then you might try again. Sometimes you have to get the service manager to bring the trained tech into the live conversation instead of the service manager having the conversation off-line. I've had much more productive conversations with the trained tech when he is available. I now have a service manager who has become more familiar with the i-Pace after having those joint conversations and get more cooperation.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
For example, if you look at software updates in the top main screen when you are in Settings, if Telematics doesn't show as 18.2, you are missing some updates.
Which screen do you mean because some of us who have had all the updates show blank for Telematics and battery versions. But looking at WattCat it does show the updates internal numbers.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Which screen do you mean because some of us who have had all the updates show blank for Telematics and battery versions. But looking at WattCat it does show the updates internal numbers.
In another post, I had the dealer do all software updates when I went in for H228.
The screen is the top, main infotainment screen where you select the setting icon from the fixed row on the bottom, and then where you navigate to check for Software updates. The top half of the scroll shows the infotainment software version. The bottom of the scroll shows (or should show) the Telematics version. With Infotainment S18D and Telematics 14.2, the bottom scroll would not display the Telematics version. With both updated, you can see Infotainment and Telematics and the battery versions.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Tried this, LOL. The rep asked me a 100 questions, including how full my tank was, LOLOL. And finally said, thanks for all the info, we've documented this as a risk in our logs but you will NOT hear from us, just continue working with your dealer.
Talk to the head of service dept. I don't know why they're treating you that way. Are you a woman? Could be sexism. Or not white? I don't get shitt like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need the same things. My car says no update when I check, but I can see that it’s old., and I have everything enabled. Here in Los Angelss, I stopped by Galpin jaguar and the guy said there only one trained guy who works on the iPace there, so what another poster said is true. I have an appointment next week let’s see what happens. My car play is inconsistent, my keyless entry does not work, and the backup camera has a dangerous level of delay. I have had the car for one month, an I love it, but it should been in service before it was sold.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I need the same things. My car says no update when I check, but I can see that it’s old., and I have everything enabled. Here in Los Angelss, I stopped by Galpin jaguar and the guy said there only one trained guy who works on the iPace there, so what another poster said is true. I have an appointment next week let’s see what happens. My car play is inconsistent, my keyless entry does not work, and the backup camera has a dangerous level of delay. I have had the car for one month, an I love it, but it should been in service before it was sold.
If you are on an infotainment release below 19B, the dealer needs to go into Topix and make sure the SOTA option is turned on for your car. If it is not, you will always get the message that your software is up to date. Once you get to 19B, the dealer is no longer in the middle. You can just call the service department and tell them you need the SOTA option turned on since the update has been out for a few months. The latest 19B came out in October.

Once the dealer has confirmed the SOTA is on for your VIN, then you just need to go to the website and make sure you have set all the prerequisite settings in your car to receive it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts