Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
For the first time in 17 months my app lost connection to my car less than a week ago. My solution was to uninstall app and reinstall. Give it a try if it continues not to connect.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
233 Posts
For the first time in 17 months my app lost connection to my car less than a week ago. My solution was to uninstall app and reinstall. Give it a try if it continues not to connect.
Uninstalled the "new" app and installed the "old" app. Data is still from 2 days ago. No current communication. App says the last communication was Tuesday night at 10:30pm. That was the time I stopped charging. I charged again for a bit the following day. I'm thinking it is a problem with the car. Maybe drive again and turn off and it will communicate again?

Strange.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
233 Posts
It seems that you did everything correctly. Give me a day or two to get the SoC down and I'll follow your steps and report back. Can you confirm that the charging schedule and departure time appears on the InControl app?
Curt, I uninstalled the "new" app and installed the "old" app. The charge window in the old app matches what I put in the car.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Curt, I uninstalled the "new" app and installed the "old" app. The charge window in the old app matches what I put in the car.
I haven't had a chance to try your technique. Grandkids have been here and we've been busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Will get back to you tomorrow.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Well I got my car back today (my wife picked it up since I was busy with work) and the service advisor told her all my software was the latest they had. :eek: I just sent him an email stating that there is no way InControl S18D and Telematics 14.2 is the latest. I also stated some of the issues I'd noticed that hopefully updated software would fix and that my InControl S18D software may be incapable of accepting SOTA based on some comments I saw on this forum. We'll see what he says, but I'm very disappointed right now.

He also said the second key-fob which isn't working is not an I-Pace key-fob. o_O So I contacted the dealer I purchased the car from to see what they will do for me on that.

Supposedly my SOTA is on in TOPIx, but I wasn't there to witness his screen for proof.

I also tried setting up a charging window.of 6:15pm to 10:15pm tonight and a departure time of 10am tomorrow. I then got out of the car at 6:00pm and plugged in the L2 charger. It started charging immediately. I'll have to refresh my perceived procedure and see if I forgot something or did something out of order. If anyone sees anything obvious, let me know. FYI, the 4 hour window is not enough time to charge it to 100%.
I followed your steps and had the same result. The car started charging immediately and didn't stop as it's supposed to with timed charging. I made sure that the charging window would ensure the car was at 100%. I thought perhaps your car started charging immediately to get to 100% prior to departure but there's something else going on.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
669 Posts
Installed the quilted load space liner. The rear flap clips into an upright position and can act as a a bumper protector when unclipped. It is a straight forward easy install by following the instructions.
Velcro-ed flaps allow access to, or removal/install of sliding, tie downs at fixed positions.

quilted liner flap down.jpg quilted liner flap up.jpg

I think the rear flap could have been a little wider by a couple of centimetres as you might notice that it is pulling the left side inward in the upright position.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Does it do anything in terms of noise reduction?
I can't recall when I've carried noisy cargo to make a comparison. Is there something you'd like me to test?

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Not really, I was just wondering if you had an overall impression.
I drove it today. No discernible difference with the rear seat back up and load space cover in place as usual.

It just pads the cargo area for anything that might need a comfortable ride back there.

It does make lowering the seat backs more difficult. The one-piece padding that attaches to the seat backs with the headrest straps also uses Velcro to attach to the side pieces. One has to release one seat side, then the other then pull down firmly to separate from the sides. One could unclip and release the headrest straps first, lower the seats, then pull the padding down. My recommendation is to have this installed only when you expect the rear seat back to be vertical.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Installed the quilted load space liner. The rear flap clips into an upright position and can act as a a bumper protector when unclipped. It is a straight forward easy install by following the instructions.
Velcro-ed flaps allow access to, or removal/install of sliding, tie downs at fixed positions.

View attachment 4295 View attachment 4296

I think the rear flap could have been a little wider by a couple of centimetres as you might notice that it is pulling the left side inward in the upright position.
Ooh, I want that for our pooch. What's the best price on it? I've seen it selling for around $350 or so.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did you ever get your app to connect to your car. Mine stopped connecting 2 days ago and I can't get either the old or the new app to connect and I have uninstalled and reinstalled both.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Did you ever get your app to connect to your car. Mine stopped connecting 2 days ago and I can't get either the old or the new app to connect and I have uninstalled and reinstalled both.
Have you tried rebooting your phone? Sometimes things like that work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have you tried rebooting your phone? Sometimes things like that work.
No joy. Must be something wrong with the car. I love the car but man the tech is not ready for prime time. The rain sensing wipers have to be the worst of any car I have ever had. The lane keeping assist will activate while my blinker is on, they can't activate my 90 day trial of the 4G connectivity and I can't buy a plan and now the Remote App just stops. Goodness what a mess.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Sorry to hear. Why not schedule a visit for service. My rain sensing wipers seem to work fine, actually better than they did with my Tesla MS. I don't recall having the issue with the lane keeping assist with the blinker on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
About a week ago my app connection stopped working. Car location showed but NO connection for battery update- it just said "connecting". I'm a bit OCD monitoring the car during charging. The app would locate the car but never connect to update the charging- kept showing "updating". I accidentally grabbed my second iphone and hit the app. Voila- perfect connection- while my first phone was still not connecting. Total bummer. Two days later first phone connected again and it's been normal since. Both phone apps working perfectly. So the same app loaded on the same phone (but older model) works on one but not the other, then works again on both.... really odd.
To date that's been my only issue with the car. 1900 enjoyable miles. My garage door opener did break last night and I'm waiting for the repair person to arrive so I am not left completely unscathed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry to hear. Why not schedule a visit for service. My rain sensing wipers seem to work fine, actually better than they did with my Tesla MS. I don't recall having the issue with the lane keeping assist with the blinker on.
I am taking it in early next week. I have a list. I am on S18B on the infotainment system and probably neither of the other two updates have been done. We will see. Absolutely love the car though.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
233 Posts
Haven't been able to connect for over a week. It's been that long since I've driven it. I drive it tomorrow. I'll try connecting again after that.

101 - 120 of 136 Posts