Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 136 Posts

Registered
Yesterday my husband and I embarked on the I-Pace journey. Black 2019 FE was brought right to our doorstep and all I can say is "Wow." This thing is gorgeous and will definitely be a fascinating new adventure. I look forward to reading more and more forums to learn as much as possible!

Registered
4th of July fast charge

Reactions: DocHudson

Registered
Mazda RX-8
Started my new job today. Best day driving since I drove the 130 miles home from the dealer the day I purchased the I-Pace. My new job is about 80 miles round trip. I'll be mostly working at home due to COVID-19 going forward. Hopefully I'll do some of that after the COVID stuff passes too. Not looking to spend 10 hours/week commuting, even in an I-Pace!

Got some "Wow, great car!" comments from a young guy and gal at the drive through temp check station when I arrived at work. Clearly they loved the look of the car and its unique style. The guy was also excited to hear it was electric. Great start to my first day at the new job! (y) :cool:

Dropped the car at the local dealer later in the day for service tomorrow. Getting required state inspection since I finally got my registration after 6 weeks. They will also look to get my second key-fob working and get my software updated and make sure the SOTA is enabled in TOPIx. So far they seem very nice and helpful there. It was my first official business with them. We'll see how it goes.

Registered
Mazda RX-8
Well I got my car back today (my wife picked it up since I was busy with work) and the service advisor told her all my software was the latest they had. :eek: I just sent him an email stating that there is no way InControl S18D and Telematics 14.2 is the latest. I also stated some of the issues I'd noticed that hopefully updated software would fix and that my InControl S18D software may be incapable of accepting SOTA based on some comments I saw on this forum. We'll see what he says, but I'm very disappointed right now.

He also said the second key-fob which isn't working is not an I-Pace key-fob. o_O So I contacted the dealer I purchased the car from to see what they will do for me on that.

Supposedly my SOTA is on in TOPIx, but I wasn't there to witness his screen for proof.

I also tried setting up a charging window.of 6:15pm to 10:15pm tonight and a departure time of 10am tomorrow. I then got out of the car at 6:00pm and plugged in the L2 charger. It started charging immediately. I'll have to refresh my perceived procedure and see if I forgot something or did something out of order. If anyone sees anything obvious, let me know. FYI, the 4 hour window is not enough time to charge it to 100%.

Registered
Well I got my car back today (my wife picked it up since I was busy with work) and the service advisor told her all my software was the latest they had. :eek: I just sent him an email stating that there is no way InControl S18D and Telematics 14.2 is the latest. I also stated some of the issues I'd noticed that hopefully updated software would fix and that my InControl S18D software may be incapable of accepting SOTA based on some comments I saw on this forum. We'll see what he says, but I'm very disappointed right now.

He also said the second key-fob which isn't working is not an I-Pace key-fob. o_O So I contacted the dealer I purchased the car from to see what they will do for me on that.

Supposedly my SOTA is on in TOPIx, but I wasn't there to witness his screen for proof.

I also tried setting up a charging window.of 6:15pm to 10:15pm tonight and a departure time of 10am tomorrow. I then got out of the car at 6:00pm and plugged in the L2 charger. It started charging immediately. I'll have to refresh my perceived procedure and see if I forgot something or did something out of order. If anyone sees anything obvious, let me know. FYI, the 4 hour window is not enough time to charge it to 100%.
Doc, your dealer is so wrong about 18D and I don't understand why they would say that.

Timed charging is difficult to set up depending on your level 2 system. What system are you using?

That being said the car will initially charge for a minute or so when you first plug in and should shut off. If the charging window isn't long enough to give the car a full charge before the next departure time the system will start charging before the set time.

Registered
Mazda RX-8
Timed charging is difficult to set up depending on your level 2 system. What system are you using?

That being said the car will initially charge for a minute or so when you first plug in and should shut off. If the charging window isn't long enough to give the car a full charge before the next departure time the system will start charging before the set time.
I'm using a dumb L2 mobile charger. I used Preconditioning in the I-Pace to set the charge window and departure time. I started at 34% and set the 4 hour window for tonight. The departure time was for 10am tomorrow morning, so it shouldn't be starting earlier than the window start time (I don't think.). It calculated 8 hours and some change to charge. I believe it has been charging continuously since I plugged it in, although if it stopped a minute after I plugged in, I'm not sure I would have noticed that and it would have restarted again in 15 minutes based on my window. I'll try it again and see what happens. Thanks for the tips @CurtSprings2!

Registered
I'm using a dumb L2 mobile charger. I used Preconditioning in the I-Pace to set the charge window and departure time. I started at 34% and set the 4 hour window for tonight. The departure time was for 10am tomorrow morning, so it shouldn't be starting earlier than the window start time (I don't think.). It calculated 8 hours and some change to charge. I believe it has been charging continuously since I plugged it in, although if it stopped a minute after I plugged in, I'm not sure I would have noticed that and it would have restarted again in 15 minutes based on my window. I'll try it again and see what happens. Thanks for the tips @CurtSprings2!
Timed charging has been an ongoing discussion for over a year and a great source of frustration. I think one or two members have had good success with it so I hope they chime in. I have a ChargePoint system and made it work by setting the exact same time in both InControl and the charger app but I understand you have a dumb charger. I was hoping it would simplify things. Do you mind listing the steps you took and maybe I can recommend a change?

Registered
Mazda RX-8
Do you mind listing the steps you took and maybe I can recommend a change?
Thanks Curt.

Turned on car without foot on the brake. I did the setup at 6:00pm. Settings\preconditioning to get window option and set it to start 6:15pm and stop 10:15pm. Then went to home screen, paged to the right and got preconditioning and set a departure for 10am tomorrow. Turned off the car. Got out and plugged in. Flashed white a few times then went green. Car said it was charging and gave me the 8 hours and some change estimate. Car remained charging until I turned it off at 10:30pm. Charging appeared to be steady at 30 amps and 7.2kW the whole time.

Registered
Thanks Curt.

Turned on car without foot on the brake. I did the setup at 6:00pm. Settings\preconditioning to get window option and set it to start 6:15pm and stop 10:15pm. Then went to home screen, paged to the right and got preconditioning and set a departure for 10am tomorrow. Turned off the car. Got out and plugged in. Flashed white a few times then went green. Car said it was charging and gave me the 8 hours and some change estimate. Car remained charging until I turned it off at 10:30pm. Charging appeared to be steady at 30 amps and 7.2kW the whole time.
It seems that you did everything correctly. Give me a day or two to get the SoC down and I'll follow your steps and report back. Can you confirm that the charging schedule and departure time appears on the InControl app?

Registered
Mazda RX-8
It seems that you did everything correctly. Give me a day or two to get the SoC down and I'll follow your steps and report back. Can you confirm that the charging schedule and departure time appears on the InControl app?
Thanks Curt!

I looked at my app to answer your question, but the app isn't connecting to the car for some reason. Last connected 19 hours ago. :unsure:

The car is charging right now, so it shouldn't be sleeping and it was driven yesterday.

Registered
Thanks Curt!

I looked at my app to answer your question, but the app isn't connecting to the car for some reason. Last connected 19 hours ago. :unsure:

The car is charging right now, so it shouldn't be sleeping and it was driven yesterday.
I occasionally see that problem but not when the car is charging. Weird.

81 - 100 of 136 Posts