Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I forgot to publish quote earlier - I am awaiting my I-Pace (Friday delivery) but need some clarification please. I ordered the TeslaTap Adapter which I understood would provide access to Tesla Destination chargers (not Super Chargers). What additional benefit is the Tesla Mobile Connector Bundle in terms of charging options if you also have the TeslaTap? Many thanks
I may do this to replace the factory EVSE (which is only 1.2 kW max). The Tesla EVSE is small, has both 120v and 240v pigtails, and can charge at full i-Pace 7.0 kW at RV campgrounds if you find yourself out for adventure. The factory EVSE is so slow, that you'd probably call for a tow truck if you ended up with a range issue outside the area of SAE L2 coverage. This is more important if you going to do some fireroading in the i-Pace. You will probably need an RV hookup at some point.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I forgot to publish quote earlier - I am awaiting my I-Pace (Friday delivery) but need some clarification please. I ordered the TeslaTap Adapter which I understood would provide access to Tesla Destination chargers (not Super Chargers). What additional benefit is the Tesla Mobile Connector Bundle in terms of charging options if you also have the TeslaTap? Many thanks
You still need a way to charge your I-Pace at home using a 240V NEMA 14-50 outlet. The Tesla Mobile Connector Bundle is what you plug in between your NEMA 14-50 outlet and the TeslaTap adapter plugged into your I-Pace. This gives you about 20-21 miles of range for every hour of connection.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I may do this to replace the factory EVSE (which is only 1.2 kW max). The Tesla EVSE is small, has both 120v and 240v pigtails, and can charge at full i-Pace 7.0 kW at RV campgrounds if you find yourself out for adventure. The factory EVSE is so slow, that you'd probably call for a tow truck if you ended up with a range issue outside the area of SAE L2 coverage. This is more important if you going to do some fireroading in the i-Pace. You will probably need an RV hookup at some point.
There's also an adapter to go between the typical RV park connection and a NEMA 14-50. I can post a picture of mine if you need it. Got it from Amazon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Today I drove ten miles to assist my wife when she called about her I-Pace that would not start. Thought about all the possible and horrendous things that could be wrong while I drove there. Turns out that since there was no start-up sound she made the logical but incorrect conclusion. All is well and she now looks for the “ready” light.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Had a ceramic waxing job today. On my JagYouWire that is. He's also putting a some kind of superior version of Rain-X on the glass. I hope it doesn't interfere with anything. I've found modern digital cars to be very picky about coatings and dirty sensors. They program the sensors for a very specific window.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Today I drove ten miles to assist my wife when she called about her I-Pace that would not start. Thought about all the possible and horrendous things that could be wrong while I drove there. Turns out that since there was no start-up sound she made the logical but incorrect conclusion. All is well and she now looks for the “ready” light.
It's not entirely her fault. I've run into a few times I thought (99% sure) I turned the car on, and it was not, then played with it back and forth.

There is a lag to the start button I think. So I'm getting used to holding the brake, and pressing for a full second (that's actually a long time to push a button). Then I wait until everything is Woke, and press shifter button. Many cars say, PLEASE WAIT or similar when booting them up. Not the i-Pace.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bats! I pasted it into the little window. Wonder what happened to it. Sorry - and thanks!

https://www.evsolutions.com/turbocord
Actually looked at that but, by the time you install the NEMA 6-20 240V outlet, you've spent the same money as going with the NEMA 14-50 + TeslaTap + Tesla Mobile Connector Bundle. And you've lost the flexibility of using the thousands of Tesla Destination Chargers when you travel. In addition, almost all reputable RV parks now have 50-amp service which typically is a NEMA 14-50 outlet.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Not sure I follow. The choice is not whether or not to have a TeslaTap (I say YES). It's whether you install a permanent charger in your garage, or just an outlet that leaves you a charger/cord that you can use in more places than just at home. The price of an install (outlet or charger) is probably about the same. The price of the 220v charger mounted or Turbocord is about the same.

·
Registered
139 Posts
After 1 month of having this beauty, plugged it into a normal socket (220V here in Europe) and realized i had gained 10% after a nice Brunch and almost 5 hours later :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Updated the Navigation Map. Takes about 10 minutes using a USB (3.0) stick with about 25 GB data.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I found Journeys on the phone app, activated it and got my first two records. I am impressed with the details it records!

Also, reduced the tire pressure from the 50 psi level it was delivered with, per the recommendation I read here. And for a little clean up, I bought a micro-fiber duster, and got the black interior and screens and AC controls looking spotless again. Or dustless, I guess.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts