Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
201 - 220 of 222 Posts

· Registered
1,943 Posts
Don’t want to argue politics, but let me know when you find a car that is completely free of any materials, parts, or ties to China… the Polestar 3 and sibling Volvo EX90 will at least be built in the US.
There's a difference between buying a car free of everything Chinese, which is essentially impossible, and buying a car from anyone but a Chinese company, which is quite easy.

Reactions: JohnK

· Registered
1,095 Posts
It’s possible to have 1100hp and still have range. They aren’t exclusive. But in order to get the states range you have to drive like you have 10 horses. What’s the fun in that?

· Registered
135 Posts
It's official, traded in my Ipace and got a loaded BMW iX that I had ordered and it got delivered Nov 30. It is quieter, roomier, and to me handles better than the Ipace. The kitty was a great car, still in good shape and getting 218 miles on a full charge at 53K miles. But with warranty about to come to an end, great values to be had for used cars, just made sense to switch for the more efficient, longer range, and roomier BMW.

· Registered
1,943 Posts
It's official, traded in my Ipace and got a loaded BMW iX that I had ordered and it got delivered Nov 30. It is quieter, roomier, and to me handles better than the Ipace. The kitty was a great car, still in good shape and getting 218 miles on a full charge at 53K miles. But with warranty about to come to an end, great values to be had for used cars, just made sense to switch for the more efficient, longer range, and roomier BMW.
How much ground clearance does the ix have? Does it raise up?

· Registered
1,095 Posts
Yeah. If was trading in my I pace the iX would be at the top of the list. It’s a great car!

I would get it blacked out

· Registered
1,943 Posts
It does raise up, even has a setting where it can remember where to raise based on saved locations. I don't know the ground clearance number, but it does seem to have more than the Ipace in normal setting.
That's cool. Now it just has to be not so ugly. :)

I didn't think my i4 was going to get attention, but it has.

· Registered
55 Posts
All I really want is an I Pace with an updated drivetrain for more range and faster charging. The car is gorgeous and brilliant to drive.
Brother, you aint’t a-kiddin! Give me 70 more miles of highway speed driving and able to handle up 150 kw in charging with charge curve that doesn’t absolutely die at 90% charge. I mean 45 min from 90-100%. Uggghhh

· Registered
301 Posts
Brother, you aint’t a-kiddin! Give me 70 more miles of highway speed driving and able to handle up 150 kw in charging with charge curve that doesn’t absolutely die at 90% charge. I mean 45 min from 90-100%. Uggghhh
Your first two should be achievable with currently available technology that could be retrofit into the I-pace. That last one will take some sort of step function in battery technology, unfortunately.

201 - 220 of 222 Posts