Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
181 - 200 of 222 Posts

· Registered
830 Posts
Talking about close alternatives, I would seriously consider Volvo C40 Recharge:
View attachment 6350
Also, Polestar 2 Performance and XC40 Recharge are very close in specs (~400 hp and ~250 mi range).
All three are less expensive than I-Pace.
I just ordered the Fjord Blue C40 to replace my repurchased I-PACE. Was considering Polestar 2 but I think I prefer this interior and body style more.

· Registered
1,095 Posts
So I picked up my car from the dealer today. The valet pulled it up and commented on a scratch on the side.

He said that if I had a Tesla cybertruck that it could just be buffed out since stainless steel doesn’t rust and doesn’t need paint. He then said it goes 0-60 in under 3 seconds with 550 miles of range. I thanked him kindly. I said I hope Tesla can live up to their promises. He said they have and they are being built. I politley corrected him and said that no independent company has verified Teslas claims because no Cybertrucks have been built and released to testers.

omg. Even some at the freaking Jaguar dealer tries to sell me a freaking Tesla.

· Registered
2020 Firenze Red SE, 9/2019 Build
85 Posts
So I picked up my car from the dealer today. The valet pulled it up and commented on a scratch on the side.

He said that if I had a Tesla cybertruck that it could just be buffed out since stainless steel doesn’t rust and doesn’t need paint. He then said it goes 0-60 in under 3 seconds with 550 miles of range. I thanked him kindly. I said I hope Tesla can live up to their promises. He said they have and they are being built. I politley corrected him and said that no independent company has verified Teslas claims because no Cybertrucks have been built and released to testers.

omg. Even some at the freaking Jaguar dealer tries to sell me a freaking Tesla.
:ROFLMAO:

· Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace FE
112 Posts
I'm eyeballing the EX90 to replace my wife's XC60 Ocean Race edition. Would go for the Polestar 3 version but need more room for the growing kids and two dogs, thinking the EX90 could be offered with seating for 6 or 7 like the current XC90. Last peak Volvo gave was the dash, really hope there will be some physical buttons under the screen that were cropped from the image. Also not crazy about the system running on AndroidAuto but as long as Apple CarPlay is still available I could live with it.

Vehicle Plant Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

· Registered
1,943 Posts
Polestar is way off my radar. So is everything Geely. I was supremely unimpressed by the Polestar 2, and I find China's politics to be abhorrent. I'd as soon buy from a North Korean company.

· Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace FE
112 Posts
Polestar is way off my radar. So is everything Geely. I was supremely unimpressed by the Polestar 2, and I find China's politics to be abhorrent. I'd as soon buy from a North Korean company.
Don’t want to argue politics, but let me know when you find a car that is completely free of any materials, parts, or ties to China… the Polestar 3 and sibling Volvo EX90 will at least be built in the US.

· Registered
830 Posts
Everything I have read about it says this is not true. The P3 and EX90 are(will be) built on Volvo's SPA2 platform, but the Lotus uses a different platform based on Geely's SEA/CMA platform.
"Its third model is crucial for Polestar, the Geely empire’s EV brand with close ties to Volvo Cars. Unlike the Polestar 2, this five-seater SUV is based on Geely’s Sustainable Experience Architecture, which is the same SEA1 that the Lotus Eletre and the upcoming Volvo EX90 will use.

· Registered
301 Posts
Roa
"Its third model is crucial for Polestar, the Geely empire’s EV brand with close ties to Volvo Cars. Unlike the Polestar 2, this five-seater SUV is based on Geely’s Sustainable Experience Architecture, which is the same SEA1 that the Lotus Eletre and the upcoming Volvo EX90 will use.
Road and track's assertion is the only one I've seen like that. Several others say that the P3 is SPA2 but that the Lotus is on the EPA platform. There are some key differences that indicate that it's a meaningfully different platform: The Lotus is 800v while the SPA2 cars are 400v. The lotus has a steerable rear axle, the brakes are mounted differently, etc.

· Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace FE
112 Posts
Roa

Road and track's assertion is the only one I've seen like that. Several others say that the P3 is SPA2 but that the Lotus is on the EPA platform. There are some key differences that indicate that it's a meaningfully different platform: The Lotus is 800v while the SPA2 cars are 400v. The lotus has a steerable rear axle, the brakes are mounted differently, etc.
Same here, all I recall in articles is that P3 and EX90 would be on the SPA2 platform. I just started looking around about them being on the SEA platform and can see other references to it. Even Wikipedia has them listed as using SEA1. I wonder if Geely/Volvo is just rebranding/renaming/merging SPA2 to SEA1 henceforth the different articles using different terms. Maybe Volvo will officially say when the release on Nov 9th, I don't recall Polestar claiming a particular platform when they launch full details of the P3.

· Registered
301 Posts
SPA2 and SEA1 are two names for the same thing from what I understand (Volvo called it SPA2, Geely called it SEA1). The way I read it P3 and EX90 are on SPA2/SEA1 but Lotus Eletre is on a different platform named (at one time) "EPA." Given the internal platform rebranding EPA may now be called something else but I do not think it is the same thing as SEA1, though they may share some commonality.

181 - 200 of 222 Posts