Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first decent car was a Jeep Cherokee Overland which is actually an excellent vehicle for the price. After driving that for 2 years I switched to an FPace with Prestige trim and loved it. My former fiancées Grandpa called me 11 months after I bought the FPace and told me I needed to come buy this $86,700 IPace he was selling for 51k and I said “I’m on my way!” I do not miss the FPace though I loved it at the time and it caused me to fall in love with the way Jaguars drive. All this is to say I’m no expert, my cars before these were trucks as I’m in Texas

For the money, what cars have meet or exceeded the IPace in your eyes? There seems to be a lot of people on these boards who have driven and owned a lot of great cars, for the money, what stacks up in terms of value? I didn’t pay near sticker but I’ve not seen another car for 80k just to pick an average price, that seem to come close to stacking up other than the new corvette. Love or hate the design that car is a serious value, I’ll probably be ordering one soon bc I’ve become addicted to speed, just not the cops jealous hawk eye’s that seem to follow me everywhere in my little town. I pick my spots tho so they’ll have to try harder to get me 😂😂

As a side note, based on the commentary here and my first impressions of the car I bought a bunch of long dated call options on TTM and while they have gone up that’s not saying much because this annoying market is ridiculous. However, I HAVE noticed that the stock won’t sell off since they announced the not so baby, Baby IPace. I think Tata will fumble their way to success with it even though they will never be confused for marketing geniuses. I mean, is anyone here not going to want to test drive the new XJ? I Can’t imagine a more popular luxury sedan when it comes out

thx

·
Registered
893 Posts
EVs are a different bread and are overpriced compared to an ICE.
IMO I-Pace is one of the best EVs and definitely the best for the price.

Best for for the price I've ever owned was a Lotus Elise.

·
Super Moderator
2,266 Posts
When it came out in 2004 the VW Touareg was a steal for all of its capabilities, with surprisingly solid luxury for a VW ... it was the same as the Cayenne, which was almost twice the price. They rolled off the assembly line in Bratislava intermingled. Mine is still going strong after all these years, serious offroad abuse, and 140000 miles. I need to paint it though, 16 years of relentless CA sun have ruined the (very high quality) paint.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
679 Posts
The I-Pace is one helluva "value" when it comes to amenities, build quality and materials! My EV before the I-Pace was an i3S and it was a blast to drive and I have never owned a car easier to park and just "live with".

We have owned everything from a Honda Civic to 3 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, a Bentley Mulsanne and 4 Continental GTs and near countless BMW, Mercedes and a handful of Porsche and Audi and 2 Ford Raptors.

My all time favourite car is still my 2011 full size Range Rover Supercharged. It did everything right and it floated on uneven pavement (it was as smooth as the Phantoms). Of course mpg was terrible, but I loved it.

I have also owned 7 X5s and three 7 Series...and they were amazing!! My three ML/GLE were all nightmares.

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The I-Pace is one helluva "value" when it comes to amenities, build quality and materials! My EV before the I-Pace was an i3S and it was a blast to drive and I have never owned a car easier to park and just "live with".

We have owned everything from a Honda Civic to 3 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, a Bentley Mulsanne and 4 Continental GTs and near countless BMW, Mercedes and a handful of Porsche and Audi and 2 Ford Raptors.

My all time favourite car is still my 2011 full size Range Rover Supercharged. It did everything right and it floated on uneven pavement (it was as smooth as the Phantoms). Of course mpg was terrible, but I loved it.

I have also owned 7 X5s and three 7 Series...and they were amazing!! My three ML/GLE were all nightmares.
Since favorite is not the same as value, it sounds like you're saying I-Pace is a better value?

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Since favorite is not the same as value, it sounds like you're saying I-Pace is a better value?
I do think when it comes down to build quality, materials, looks, amenities, performance and handling....the I-Pace is a tremendous value. I would rank the I-Pace in the top 3-4 of my all time fav cars!!!

My heart always ranks my two Phantoms as my #1 fav, but they were honestly a pain in the a*s in terms of reliability and trade in/sales value was beyond horrific, shocking, drop dead to the floor bad, LOL ;)

My 2011 big body Range Rover Supercharged just did everything right, and with the all around UV glass, world class HVAC, AC seats, command driving position, smooth V8, silky transmission and Rolls-Royce level of air suspension...it was and still is my FAV car ever. But....being honest, the I-Pace is not a far #2 for all time fav :)

·
Registered
2020 S
57 Posts
For 2019 and 2020 I think the I-Pace is the best value for a performance or luxury EV - especially with the discounts and 0% interest rates that have been offered. Next year though the Mach-E GT should compare very favorably with a base S trim. The GT won't offer the amenites of the SE or HSE trims (or even a well optioned S), but the GT will offer a compelling performance option with better dealer coverage.

·
Registered
27 Posts
For the money, my late 90’s Camaro Z28 was the best performance and comfort for the price. Second best would by my heavily discounted I-pace. Third would be a tie between my RWD Model 3 and the Elise considering what they are designed for. If I would have paid close to sticker for the I-pace, it would ended up in fourth.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
313 Posts
For 2019 and 2020 I think the I-Pace is the best value for a performance or luxury EV - especially with the discounts and 0% interest rates that have been offered. Next year though the Mach-E GT should compare very favorably with a base S trim. The GT won't offer the amenities of the SE or HSE trims (or even a well optioned S), but the GT will offer a compelling performance option with better dealer coverage.
I was a Mach E GT reservation holder, but 0-60 in 3.5ish seconds vs. the 4.5 for the I-Pace is certainly not a big benefit for me (anymore ;) ). The I-Pace is wicked fast and I can't see myself ever needing/wanting a faster car. Performance/handling of the I-Pace, I think will also be comparable and may be still "better" with the I-Pace depending on what your personal tastes are for that. The GT Performance Mach E with Magneride suspension could be the one thing that gives the GT a leg up, but I don't think that will overcome all the other great things with the I-Pace. The I-Pace is just a great combination of performance, luxury, and utility. The more I drive the I-Pace, the more I love it!

I haven't owned another car I would put in the same league as the I-Pace. I've owned a Mustang GT, a Pontiac Grand Prix, and a Mazda RX-8 over the years. Each one of them I enjoyed. The Mazda RX-8 was particularly fun to drive. The overall driving experience of the I-Pace is just head and shoulders above any of those cars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Alfa Romeo 8C or Brera. Alfa fan here.
I was considering among I-Pace, Alfa Giullia and Stelvio but settled with I-Pace since it is an electric+hatchback, easier to haul my bicycle without a rack.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had a 2011 Panamera 4S that was my favorite driving car before the I-Pace. I think the I-Pace is better in general but man, that Panny with the V8 in Sport+ mode was pretty amazing. Of course it isn't priced competitive with the I-Pace.

·
Registered
11 Posts

When I grow up, I want to do whatever it is that you did/do for a living 😆

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
When I grow up, I want to do whatever it is that you did/do for a living 😆
LOL. We own a small electronics manufacturing company in Los Angeles. We make our own products, including the electronic boards, in house soldering and we have nothing Made in China. We are very proud of our USA made products :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Reading Deutsch100's list of cars. I think he's dealing coke. That manufacturing is just a front.

But EV's are totally different than regular ICE cars so I don't think its a favorable comparison.

I rented a 2019 Tesla S for 2 weeks, and I've test driven the BMW/Nissan/Chevy/Audi EV's. The I-Pace fit and finish feels/looks luxurious and drives better. With the discounts being offered, it's definitely a great bang for the buck. Especially when compared to the other luxury EV's (Tesla/Porsche/Audi/BMW).

In terms of ICE cars, there's so many out there and everyone will have a different opinion, although probably vast majority with less experience than Deutch100.

There's a thread on whether people would recommend the I-Pace if you want to read others' opinions. Would you recommend an I-Pace

·
Registered
97 Posts
What's better than an I-Pace, an I-Pace with a plugin electronic board programmed to remove any Pet Peeves made at Deutsch100's workshop. (y)

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
997 Posts
I've never driven a car better than an I-Pace as an all around vehicle. It could be improved, sure. There's just never been anything this good in so many ways. So what's better than an I-Pace? Two I-Paces.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I do think when it comes down to build quality, materials, looks, amenities, performance and handling....the I-Pace is a tremendous value. I would rank the I-Pace in the top 3-4 of my all time fav cars!!!

My heart always ranks my two Phantoms as my #1 fav, but they were honestly a pain in the a*s in terms of reliability and trade in/sales value was beyond horrific, shocking, drop dead to the floor bad, LOL ;)

My 2011 big body Range Rover Supercharged just did everything right, and with the all around UV glass, world class HVAC, AC seats, command driving position, smooth V8, silky transmission and Rolls-Royce level of air suspension...it was and still is my FAV car ever. But....being honest, the I-Pace is not a far #2 for all time fav :)
Next time you have a Rolls and are ready to turn it in, just give it to me. No bad turn in price!

I've never driven a Rolls. They seem so huge and heavy. 15 year old phantoms skill go for 60-100k. Other than image, are they worth that?

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Next time you have a Rolls and are ready to turn it in, just give it to me. No bad turn in price!

I've never driven a Rolls. They seem so huge and heavy. 15 year old phantoms skill go for 60-100k. Other than image, are they worth that?
They are huge inside and out, but they drive surprisingly well and agile(ish). The V12 is a smooth as an electric car and almost as silent...I mean eerie silent.
The transmission shifts, and you cannot feel or hear it. There is NOTHING on the road that looks or feels like a Rolls-Royce. Sitting behind the wheel looking at the long bonnet and seeing the Spirit of Ecstasy is a magical feeling!!

They are not problem free, but considering how much "could" go wrong, they are not a nightmare...but as a daily driver, can be somewhat challenging!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts