Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
3,049 Posts
After reading this post I checked the optimized value for my battery in WattCat and got a number of 88%. Today after a full charge the optimized % is 100.
I believe this number is based on the efficiency and usage data reported by the car to JLR, so no complaint meant regarding WattCat, but this number appears to be highly variable.
I remember talking to @ardevd about the optimized number and it's a bit of a hack, by necessity, because real battery health numbers are impossible to come by on the fly. I don't know exactly how he computes it, but yes take it with a grain of salt, but it's in there because it's better than nothing.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,856 Posts
ardevd's comments in another post:

and

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
957 Posts
ardevd's comments in another post:

and
Thanks. Interesting reading. Still not convinced that any of these one time measurements can really evaluate the battery accurately. I assume that a battery evaluation at the dealership is run under very strict conditions.

·
Administrator
3,049 Posts
Thanks. Interesting reading. Still not convinced that any of these one time measurements can really evaluate the battery accurately. I assume that a battery evaluation at the dealership is run under very strict conditions.
Yes indeed. The battery report is generated while hooked up to Pathfinder and the mothership. I forget where I read this but it was a credible source: the computations are too complex to process in-car. Plus Pathfinder probably perturbs the modules in some way, so it has to be done at the dealer.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Update!

I just got a call from the dealer and my low battery issue was a Software Issue. They said they applied a number of updates and now it's fine. The car went in on Monday and should be ready tomorrow. They are waiting on a part for the door handle (it doesn't close all the way).

I cannot wait to get it back, the Evoque I have as a loaner has no personality. And...I miss going fast!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts