Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,093 Posts
I've had mine sitting similarly a few times. I was getting petrol for lawn tractor (5 gallon container) and then go inside the facility for something else. I've since bought an electric lawn tractor so I won't be duplicating this scene very often. It will be just in the winter for the snow thrower fuel. I haven't gone electric on that (yet).

·
Registered
677 Posts
Be careful not to pull into a service station lest someone try to pump fuel into the charge port.

I once saw a guy in an electric Kona at a gas station solely to use the free windshield cleaner. I did not think that was very cool. He had a sticker that said (it was in French, so I am translating) "100% electric, and you?". That kind of smug does not help the cause.

·
Administrator
3,186 Posts
Be careful not to pull into a service station lest someone try to pump fuel into the charge port.

I once saw a guy in an electric Kona at a gas station solely to use the free windshield cleaner. I did not think that was very cool. He had a sticker that said (it was in French, so I am translating) "100% electric, and you?". That kind of smug does not help the cause.
It is funny though :D

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace FE
96 Posts
I've had mine sitting similarly a few times. I was getting petrol for lawn tractor (5 gallon container) and then go inside the facility for something else. I've since bought an electric lawn tractor so I won't be duplicating this scene very often. It will be just in the winter for the snow thrower fuel. I haven't gone electric on that (yet).
Same here but getting diesel for my bigger Kubota tractor. Back in 2019 before lockdowns Kubota had previewed their electric version, really hope they are close to releasing it.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
My two funnies are:

1) I would pull into a gas station in my i3 with a REX (took 2 gallons of gas). When I would start pumping sometimes I would have people run up to me to try to stop me.

2) On the rare occasion I drive an ICE into work and we had a charger unused I would pull up and "connect" the charging plug to the car and walk away. And see how long before someone said anything....

·
Registered
2020 I-Pace S
74 Posts
Same here but getting diesel for my bigger Kubota tractor. Back in 2019 before lockdowns Kubota had previewed their electric version, really hope they are close to releasing it.
Just got an email on two new all electric Ryobi riding lawnmowers. Interesting direction, they use 120v chargers and run for 3-4 hours from what I got.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,093 Posts
Yes, Ryobi just changed from using very heavy flooded batteries to lithium ion batteries.

I have an EGO electric mower that uses lithium ion batteries. I can take out a battery, plug it onto my EGO string trimmer, trim and plug it back into the mower, do the mowing and then charge it. It has a charger that mounts on a wall, plugs into house current, and recharges the mower in a couple of hours if I run it down real low. My configuration is 2x12kW+4x10kW batteries. I chose the EGO over the Ryobis because the EGO can be hooked up to garden hose to flush out under the deck and the new Ryobis were not available at the time.

Run time and coverage will vary depending on usage. That includes how many turns you need to do, what kind of grass you have, how flat your mowing area is, how tall your grass is and how short you're cutting it, whether you mulch or not, whether you use a bagger or not, how heavy you are, how fast you have it set to traverse the yard, how fast you set the blades to spin, etc.

Other riding mower brands that offer electric are Greenworks and Cub Cadet.

I don't have to hum down to a petrol station and get costly feeding fluid for my EGO. :) Neighbors came over when I first used it, wanted to know all about it, and commented on how quiet it is compared to the petrol powered mowers they use. One time I was mowing when it got dark, I turned on the LED lights, and a neighbor later commented that it looked like a spaceship hovering through my yard.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace FE
96 Posts
Just got an email on two new all electric Ryobi riding lawnmowers. Interesting direction, they use 120v chargers and run for 3-4 hours from what I got.
I should specify that I wasn't talking about a riding lawnmower when I said tractor. I picked up a Cub Cadet XT1 LT42E a couple years ago which uses lithium for the grass cutting. My tractor is a diesel Kubota B2601 frontend loader that I swap between a bucket or a hydraulically controlled plow, on the 3pt hitch have a wood chipper and snowblower.

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Tractor

·
Registered
2020 I-Pace S
74 Posts
I should specify that I wasn't talking about a riding lawnmower when I said tractor. I picked up a Cub Cadet XT1 LT42E a couple years ago which uses lithium for the grass cutting. My tractor is a diesel Kubota B2601 frontend loader that I swap between a bucket or a hydraulically controlled plow, on the 3pt hitch have a wood chipper and snowblower.

View attachment 7027
Sorry. No need for anything that robust for us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts