Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have created a small app as an HTML page and a bit of javascript to display some of the useful information in the IPace, including the one you can't get from the dash. It is inspired by on the jlrpy python module. The web page is hosted here : https://ipace.herokuapp.com/static/jlr.html, and can be viewed from the web browser in the car as well. I have saved it as my new home page in the car.
It is interesting to see that we can display car's information on the main infortainment screen, even if JLR decided not to show them : small 12v battery voltage, kwh in the HV battery, tire pressure, etc...
Feel free to comment. The layout of the page could be improved....:)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi,
On top left, you will info info about tire pressure in Kpa, as well as info about opened doors (displayed in red if any is opened), and all door locked info. Below is charging info if the car is charging: remaining time, SOC, .... Top right is different info about the main high voltage battery and range.
I guess TU stands for 'Telemetry Unit' or Telecommunication Unit, or something like that. There is plenty of TU metrics in the API, related to Nav Sat, Phone, GSM, Microphone, .... It seems like this TU could be powered by external power, and 2 batteries. The bottom right image displayed open/closed windows.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have also add a new feature here : https://ipace.herokuapp.com/static/charge.html to display a graph of charging info, over time. Here is a sample of my charging session yesterday. Just load this web page just before pluging in the car. The collection of data will stop automatically when the car is full. It collects data every 2 min for the moment, regardless of the L2/L3 type of charging. I have noticed that I can't keep the 40km/h with my 7kw charger, it drops rapidly after the beginning of the charge.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Unless I'm reading your chart wrong, it looks like you started charging at about an 83% SOC. I wouldn't expect the charge rate to maintain a high rate of charge at that SOC anyway.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're right, but I think I have noticed this at lower SOC too, before. I will redo this graph once the SOC is in the 20%.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here is a new charge graph generated from https://ipace.herokuapp.com/static/charge.html, that I started yesterday night at 18% of SOC (the car is still charging). A few remarks:
  • the ETA (estimated time to complete) is really not linear. In this graph, I represent a relative value to the first value at initial charging time.
  • The Regen value stays at its max value for an hour, and then started to drop lineraly (battery was about 20%)
  • The km/h rate to charge for a 7kw charger is supposed to be around 40km/h. It started high , around 40km/h, and then dropped rapidly to 25km/h. When the battery was at 20%, it dropped at 20kw/h, and when the battery was about 50%, it dropped at 15km/h . The kw/h of charge follow the same pattern. It is supposed to be 7kw (minus loss) , but it is more around 3 or 3.5 kw.
  • The charging pattern seems to change at 20%, 50%, 60%. I will need more data to confirm.
Do you see the same behavior on your side ?

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
487 Posts
Here is a new charge graph generated from https://ipace.herokuapp.com/static/charge.html, that I started yesterday night at 18% of SOC (the car is still charging). A few remarks:
  • the ETA (estimated time to complete) is really not linear. In this graph, I represent a relative value to the first value at initial charging time.
  • The Regen value stays at its max value for an hour, and then started to drop lineraly (battery was about 20%)
  • The km/h rate to charge for a 7kw charger is supposed to be around 40km/h. It started high , around 40km/h, and then dropped rapidly to 25km/h. When the battery was at 20%, it dropped at 20kw/h, and when the battery was about 50%, it dropped at 15km/h . The kw/h of charge follow the same pattern. It is supposed to be 7kw (minus loss) , but it is more around 3 or 3.5 kw.
  • The charging pattern seems to change at 20%, 50%, 60%. I will need more data to confirm.
Do you see the same behavior on your side ?

View attachment 4149
Nice data set. For those of us wanting to understand our cars better this is very useful.
Regarding rate of charge: Sciencegeek has posted a number of charging sessions where the rate starts off around 7kW, but then drops off quite quickly to much lower numbers - similar to your trace. I've responded that my ChargePoint setup gives an almost constant charge rate thru to almost a full battery. My rate does not drop below 6kW until charging is in the high 90% range.
It was concluded that ambient temp had something to do with this, but I noted that your session was run through the early AM time period.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
850 Posts
and if you only want to see all parameters and value from the JLR API, use can use this page :

I tried this and all I get is a spinning Jaguar.

WattCat had issues at first for multiple vehicles found in Incontrol for the same login and they're not all I-paces. Will this handle that situation?

Or is there another reason for the cat chasing its tail?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ayepace, if you see a spinning logo that spin forever, it means that the first phase of the process failed. In order to fetch parameters, we have to first force the API to fetch the latest version of all parameters, and then if this phase is successful, we can read them. If you activate the web developer mode in the browser, you will see the progression and the different status. It should be "started", and then, eventually, "Successful". Any other status will indicate a failure.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Login is successful and the lines following (5 started + 1 failed) that contain a VIN show the VIN of the first vehicle on the account. That is not my I-pace.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It seems like the VIN is the VIN from your other vehicle. I have added a filter to only filter IPace model. Should be fixed now.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
It seems like the VIN is the VIN from your other vehicle. I have added a filter to only filter IPace model. Should be fixed now.
Yes that fixed it. Thank you.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Small update on https://ipace.herokuapp.com/static/param.html
You can , now, compare 2 set of values from the API. Click on the "fetch" button when you want to read the API, and you will see the value in a grid. Click a second time (or third, ...) and values that differ from previous batch will be highlighted for better visibility.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts