Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
241 - 260 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all!

I've been working on a third party InControl for Android for a little while now It's still early days but after having reversed the entire InControl Remote API along with the official mobile app I realized that I could do better. There is a Python library for said API available here.

Now, back to the app. It's still rather early in development and is nowhere near finished but it's a fun little project and I'm quite satisfied with what I've got so far. Some of you might be testing it already as I've discussed it on the UK forums for quite some time.

Some features so far include:

• More data presented compared to the official app including battery health
  • Experimental implementation of a Max SoC system. Until the I-Pace starts supporting the official Max SoC API it will have to suffice.
  • Snappy and good looking user interface
  • Vehicle alert log
  • Faster access to useful features such as preconditioning, departure timers, etc.
  • 100% free and no ads. This is a hobby project through and through!

Screenshots are attached.

In order to participate in the alpha test I will have to add your google associated email address to the list of testers. After which you can opt-in to the test here.

Feedback, suggestions and criticism is very welcome :)

Cheers all!
Any plans for an IOS version?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone.

Im trying to use the campermode but it stops after 1 cycle. I have an android phone. Could it be possible that my battery saving mode stops the app from checking the state and turn the pre condition on?
Does this work like this? the app is activley checking and scheduling the mode?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all!

I've been working on a third party InControl for Android for a little while now It's still early days but after having reversed the entire InControl Remote API along with the official mobile app I realized that I could do better. There is a Python library for said API available here.

Now, back to the app. It's still rather early in development and is nowhere near finished but it's a fun little project and I'm quite satisfied with what I've got so far. Some of you might be testing it already as I've discussed it on the UK forums for quite some time.

• Experimental implementation of a Max SoC system. Until the I-Pace starts supporting the official Max SoC API it will have to suffice.
  • Vehicle alert log
  • Faster access to useful features such as preconditioning, departure timers, etc.

In order to participate in the alpha test I will have to add your google associated email address to the list of testers. After which you can opt-in to the test here.

Cheers all!
How do I get watt catt please?

·
Registered
492 Posts
In an effort to install WattCat, I finally broke down and signed into my car, with help from Jaguar (nice lady) over the phone. I purchased my car in Sept.,2019. My car now shows my ATT account is good until 2027. I have received over the air updates before, so even when the ATT browser internet is shutdown, we should still have updates still available. I could not get my maps to update, I was stuck in a loop. WattCat is installed OK and working great. I assume from the Aux Battery indication on the vehicle details, 13.8V, that the battery being monitored is the smaller battery on the driver's side since the voltage is near what a volt meter shows on that battery? I have been thinking that my car is probably using a lot more 12vdc with the ATT modem fully operational now and WattCat and Jaguar connect continuously putting this info out on the internet. Is it possible these dead 12vdc battery failures are being caused by a very busy modem in the car? I have not had any problems with my 12vdc batteries, but tonight we were leaving for supper in the Jag and I received a short low battery alarm in the dash. I couldn't read exactly what it said. This was after an afternoon of playing with the apps.
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,242 Posts
All the data for the car, and SOTA, go through the built-in SIM in the TCU. It doesn't use the AT&T SIM provided with the car. You should see 4G in the upper right corner of the upper center display. If not, go to settings, all settings, connectivity, and enable MOBILE DATA. This will give you all of the enhanced services now.

There is no more 12V usage now that you enabled the AT&T account. In fact, the TCU is using its own battery when the car is off. However, it does have its 4 day timer and will turn off if the car is not used for 4 days. You should see a 90% charge for the TCU in WattCat details display.

Maps on your car requires downloading to a USB stick via a PC/Mac at jaguar.here.com, power up the vehicle, wait for navigation to be loaded, then insert the stick into one of the slots inside the center console while the car is parked. Bring up the navigation screen, it will prompt about updating the map, and once you give it the go-ahead, it will update the map. You can resume driving the car while the update takes place. The amount of time it will take depends on the USB speed. A good quality 3.0/3.1 USB will provide the update in about 10 minutes. A lower quality one can take 50 or more minutes.

You may have seen the message that comes up if you power up the car but don't do the foot-on-brake-pus-power-button step. A message pops up after 10 minutes that it will shut down in 1 minute to prevent a low battery.

You probably have healthy 12V batteries.

·
Registered
703 Posts
All the data for the car, and SOTA, go through the built-in SIM in the TCU. It doesn't use the AT&T SIM provided with the car. You should see 4G in the upper right corner of the upper center display. If not, go to settings, all settings, connectivity, and enable MOBILE DATA. This will give you all of the enhanced services now.

There is no more 12V usage now that you enabled the AT&T account. In fact, the TCU is using its own battery when the car is off. However, it does have its 4 day timer and will turn off if the car is not used for 4 days. You should see a 90% charge for the TCU in WattCat details display.

Maps on your car requires downloading to a USB stick via a PC/Mac at jaguar.here.com, power up the vehicle, wait for navigation to be loaded, then insert the stick into one of the slots inside the center console while the car is parked. Bring up the navigation screen, it will prompt about updating the map, and once you give it the go-ahead, it will update the map. You can resume driving the car while the update takes place. The amount of time it will take depends on the USB speed. A good quality 3.0/3.1 USB will provide the update in about 10 minutes. A lower quality one can take 50 or more minutes.

You may have seen the message that comes up if you power up the car but don't do the foot-on-brake-pus-power-button step. A message pops up after 10 minutes that it will shut down in 1 minute to prevent a low battery.

You probably have healthy 12V batteries.
Hi,

Just picking up a point in your message. If you turn the car on by hitting the power button without pushing the gas pedal, it draws from the 12v and does not engage the traction battery to maintain it? When I fast charge in winter and turn the car on (without pushing the pedal) and sit there waiting with heat and radio, the 12v is not being maintained? What about the heat etc...? It would seem odd that the car would either draw from the 12v for all this or draw from the 12v for the electronics but the traction battery for heat (and yet not the 12v battery)?

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
I'm sure you meant brake pedal, not "gas" pedal in your post.

It is programmed, regardless of having a charging cable attached, to shutdown after 10 minutes if not in "started" state. It goes longer if in started state, but if not driven it will pop up with a prompt to press the brake if you want to keep powered up.

While charging at a DCFC or at home, I've observed with WattCat that the DC/DC converter is active and supplying a charging voltage but it doesn't matter. The BMS will request charging of the 12V starter battery when it runs low regardless of having a charging cable attached.

Heating does come from the traction battery. It is a high voltage heater. AC uses power from the 12V supply from the DC/DC converter. The sensors, control modules, etc., that run on 12V supply are all getting power from that DC/DC converter plus starter battery.

The bottom line is that the shutdown timer does not take into account that there is an external power supply coming into the car. The climate system can go to its 30 minute limit if you've activated it but it will shutdown then too.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Ayepace:
Maps on your car requires downloading to a USB stick via a PC/Mac at jaguar.here.com, power up the vehicle, wait for navigation to be loaded,
I cannot complete this step of downloading the maps to the USB stick. I have followed many instructions on this site and it ends up taking me back to the starting point everytime, never seeing an option, that works, to download the maps.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
I cannot complete this step of downloading the maps to the USB stick. I have followed many instructions on this site and it ends up taking me back to the starting point everytime, never seeing an option, that works, to download the maps.
Sorry to all readers. This is off topic for this thread.

Insert a good quality 32GB USB 3.0/3.1 stick into a port. Check the properties of it for file format. It needs to be FAT32. Reformat it if it isn't. Although the map downloader would offer to reformat it, I have found that it doesn't work when that route is chosen. Others may have different luck, but having the operating system format it is my preference anyway.

Login at jaguar.here.com. After that, at the top of the page click on MAPS & SERVICES. Scroll down if necessary and click on GET THE LATEST VERSION.

If you don't have the map downloader installed, click on the link to get the map downloader in the highlighted "Note". Your browser may just download its installer and you need to do other steps to execute the program installer.

After you have that installed, clicking on the DOWNLOAD MAP will take you through downloading. You may need to confirm running the program. It starts with confirming what USB drive to put the map on. Choose the one inserted and formatted as above. Follow the dialog and when the download completes, the drive is ready to be removed from the PC/Mac and inserted into the car.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
258 Posts
Anyone seen an issue where WattCat no longer shows the address of where the vehicle is parked? It's been that way for me for a while now. It used to display on the homescreen of the app. I tried logging out and clearing all app cache/data, but no dice. The location functionality displays fine within the JLR Remote app.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
On my Android phone, I touch the blank space under the line that has charging/parked/locked status and Google maps pops up indicating the location.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all!

• Vehicle alert log

Cheers all!
Greetings! I'd love access to this app! Sounds amazing!

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
You need an Android device and download from Google Play store. Use your ID and password that you use in the Jaguar app.

241 - 260 of 271 Posts