Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 213 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I'm the one who wrote it all. If you've found errors in the documentation I would really appreciate it if you could let me know what they are so I can update the docs. Feel free to create an issue on the jlrpy repo on GitHub.
GitHub notes added. The problems were really pretty minor, and since you provided the Python example I was able to get the couple of hiccups sorted out by referencing that. Thanks for taking on the effort to pull all of that together! I wouldn't have a chance without it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I was going to use WattCat to set a departure time. Found it with an odd calendar. Tue 30 Mar, Tue 2 Apr, Wed 3 Apr...
The entire calendar seems to be messed up.

I was able to set the departure via the Jaguar app. WattCat showed it correctly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
I was going to use WattCat to set a departure time. Found it with an odd calendar. Tue 30 Mar, Tue 2 Apr, Wed 3 Apr...
The entire calendar seems to be messed up.

I was able to set the departure via the Jaguar app. WattCat showed it correctly.
Unfortunately this issue was introduced in version 1.2.7 but fixed in 1.2.8 which was published yesterday :) thanks for reporting it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
v1.2.9 is nearing releasing with camper mode and window closing as the two main highlights. Are there any particular requests for the camper mode that I might not have considered?

·
Registered
793 Posts
v1.2.9 is nearing releasing with camper mode and window closing as the two main highlights. Are there any particular requests for the camper mode that I might not have considered?

View attachment 3763

This is fantastic. Is the camper mode your design concept? Does the app just send a climate request every so often?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have read various reports that lithium EV batteries do not age well if stored and left unused at 100% SOC, due to an accelerated chemical degradation of the internal electrodes.

I have been using repeated WattCat 30 minute Cabin preconditioning events to reduce the SOC of my vehicle stored in the garage.

Camper Mode would be easier way to reduce the SOC of a fully charged battery to a lower SOC during the Covid lock-down.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
This is fantastic. Is the camper mode your design concept? Does the app just send a climate request every so often?
The app will check once every 15 minutes to see if climate preconditioning is still active, if not it will start it unless SoC is below 25%. Once the desired duration has expired, climate preconditioning will no longer be restarted obviously. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
The app will check once every 15 minutes to see if climate preconditioning is still active, if not it will start it unless SoC is below 25%. Once the desired duration has expired, climate preconditioning will no longer be restarted obviously. :)
Hi ardevd,

Continuing my thoughts from #186 above, would it be possible to have a "Max State of Discharge" Slider in Camper Mode similar to the WattCat Charging page.

I see this as useful in my example of draining excess battery charge to a certain desired SOC for long term storage, or if sleeping in the car setting a minimum SOC to ensure that sufficient driving range remained to reach the intended destination.

Cheers, Steve

Reactions: SeanM1

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Hi ardevd,

Continuing my thoughts from #186 above, would it be possible to have a "Max State of Discharge" Slider in Camper Mode similar to the WattCat Charging page.

I see this as useful in my example of draining excess battery charge to a certain desired SOC for long term storage, or if sleeping in the car setting a minimum SOC to ensure that sufficient driving range remained to reach the intended destination.

Cheers, Steve
Good idea :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear ardevd, kudos for your work!

I recently picked up an I-Pace in China. Due to the walled-off Internet, JLR seem to use a different server and a slightly different version of the InControl app. I cannot log in to WattCat nor the regular InControl Remote app (version 1.80.1), but only the app for our locale (version 1.80.2).

Would it be possible to add support for I-Pace in China at some point in the future? I would be delighted to assist you in any way.

The 1.80.2 apk (CHN version): Jaguar_InControl_Remote_CHN_1_80_2.apk

Thanks,
gadgetnewbie

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Dear ardevd, kudos for your work!

I recently picked up an I-Pace in China. Due to the walled-off Internet, JLR seem to use a different server and a slightly different version of the InControl app. I cannot log in to WattCat nor the regular InControl Remote app (version 1.80.1), but only the app for our locale (version 1.80.2).

Would it be possible to add support for I-Pace in China at some point in the future? I would be delighted to assist you in any way.

The 1.80.2 apk (CHN version): Jaguar_InControl_Remote_CHN_1_80_2.apk

Thanks,
gadgetnewbie
Hi. I'd love to add support for the Chinese market. I'll have a look at the app and see what I can figure out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Do we know who originally posted the API on Postman? I wanted to ask that person how they knew that some parameters could be any arbitrary value (and not only the value the Remote app uses). Presumably they didn't try calling all the APIs with blank and arbitrary values when the Remote app doesn't do that, so how else would they find that out?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I can see Camper Mode useful for occasions of sitting in the car while it charges. Example: It's 25F outside (or colder) and I'm at a level 3 charger with an expected time to charge of 2 hours. I'd like to stay warm while the charging is going on. I've had to manual restart the climate (through the app) a few times to do that. Another example is summer time and I'd like to keep my cool for a similar amount of time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Do we know who originally posted the API on Postman? I wanted to ask that person how they knew that some parameters could be any arbitrary value (and not only the value the Remote app uses). Presumably they didn't try calling all the APIs with blank and arbitrary values when the Remote app doesn't do that, so how else would they find that out?
That would be me also :)

Not sure I have a good answer apart from common sense. Some of the values transmitted by the official mobile app made no sense and seemed pointless so I tried the requests without them.

Cheers

·
Registered
84 Posts
That would be me also :)
Thank you for posting it all. Back in the day (2013) I found the Tesla API posted and created some web pages for myself to be able to see and control the functions my my Model S from my desktop computer at work, since I didn't want to be pulling out my phone and running the app if I just wanted to see whether my spouse was still at his appointment or if (when) he is late to meet me where he is and when he may arrive. I may do the same for the I-Pace. That's why I was looking over the API and I appreciate that you shared it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi ardevd,

I updated WattCat and immediately tested Camp Mode, setting it for 1 hour (minimum on slider) with popup "Camper Mode Enabled" and CAMP with the spinning Fan.:)

On the Details Screen was displayed "29, 28, 27... minutes Preconditioning runtime remaining".:unsure:

I tapped the symbol of the seated man to re-confirm my timer setting and was surprised, as instantly the message "Camper Mode Disabled" popped up on the lower edge of the screen and preconditioning stopped.:unsure:

Restarted and all OK. I watched the preconditioning timer count down and restart for each 30 minute cycle. :cool:

The notification at the completion of the timed period was received too.

Cheers, Steve

Reactions: sciencegeek

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Hi ardevd,

I updated WattCat and immediately tested Camp Mode, setting it for 1 hour (minimum on slider) with popup "Camper Mode Enabled" and CAMP with the spinning Fan.:)

On the Details Screen was displayed "29, 28, 27... minutes Preconditioning runtime remaining".:unsure:

I tapped the symbol of the seated man to re-confirm my timer setting and was surprised, as instantly the message "Camper Mode Disabled" popped up on the lower edge of the screen and preconditioning stopped.:unsure:

Restarted and all OK. I watched the preconditioning timer count down and restart for each 30 minute cycle. :cool:

The notification at the completion of the timed period was received too.

Cheers, Steve
Thanks for the feedback. The details page only shows the remaining preconditioning time for the current cycle. Camper mode will ensure the cycle is restarted shortly after it expires. It may take a few minutes some times. Worst case is that you'll sit 15 minutes without the climate running but that should happen very rarely. :)

I will be adding a confirmation dialog before cancelling camper mode in the near future :)

Glad it worked.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Just upgraded to 1.3.4 and the estimated range is way off on the charging display but correct (agrees with Jaguar app and car) on the dashboard display.
Dashboard says 246 miles. Charging display says 397 miles (I wish). Switching to the charging display sometimes pops up saying it can't get current status but the dashboard doesn't have that problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@ardevd Great job with this app!
Question 1: Battery Health says 81%. What does this mean and is that a concern at all?
Question 2: Can we use this to see what veriosn software the car has to know if it is current?

181 - 200 of 213 Posts