Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an alert that WattCat showed 10% on the TCU battery this morning. It has since risen to 20%. Should I be concerned?

Also, WattCat reports a Battery Health of 85% but it is a brand new battery...87.2kWh, full charge 254 mile range. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
666 Posts
Yes. It is the smaller 12v batteries that seem to be low on charge. It needs to be driven for 30-60 minutes or put a 12v charger on the big battery (right side of car) you can get to under the frunk panel. If that goes flat you will be challenged with getting into the car if it is locked.

I suspect that nothing was done to maintain the charge on the 12v batteries while it was for surgery.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Do you have a multimeter to test the battery? WattCat is showing the 12V battery on the passenger side at 12.2V which would be less than 50% charged. The multimeter shows 14.2V which is fine. If you can't test the battery then a long drive is a good idea.

·
Super Moderator
2,092 Posts
Also, WattCat reports a Battery Health of 85% but it is a brand new battery...87.2kWh, full charge 254 mile range. Any thoughts?
The WattCat (API) battery health figure is known to be completely wrong. Ignore! Actually, I think the updated version of WattCat doesn't show the SoH any more.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The last version of WattCat has replaced the battery health indicator with a new "optimization" value. Read more about it in the app settings :)

After the H264 update the API now returns a constant "initial battery capacity" value which is why the battery health reading was off.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Also, as long as the TCU battery level is increasing, you're probably good. However, the TCU battery very rarely reaches 10%. I've never seen it myself.

As the WattCat dev I found it kinda cool that it notified you of the low battery state :) almost forgot about that feature!

·
Registered
98 Posts
The last version of WattCat has replaced the battery health indicator with a new "optimization" value. Read more about it in the app settings :)

After the H264 update the API now returns a constant "initial battery capacity" value which is why the battery health reading was off.
I just notice battery health indicator now is replaced with a new "optimization" value. It reads 97% 5 minutes ago and now 96%. The car is L2 charging, current at 65%. So what are those "optimization" values telling? Thanks.

PS. It is 94% now with charge at 66%. Now 93% with charge at 67%

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just notice battery health indicator now is replaced with a new "optimization" value. It reads 97% 5 minutes ago and now 96%. The car is L2 charging, current at 65%. So what are those "optimization" values telling? Thanks.

PS. It is 94% now.
The value is affected by temperature, cell balance and battery health. Ideally, you'd be pretty close to 100% when fully charged unless it's very cold outside. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
The value is affected by temperature, cell balance and battery health. Ideally, you'd be pretty close to 100% when fully charged unless it's very cold outside. :)
Thanks but it seems going down as the battery is charging up. Now it show 88% with 71% charged. Something wrong with my battery?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wait and see. Please do report back once you reach 100%. Also, do you have H264 done?
Here are numbers at 100% (see attached). 86.5 kWh, 273 miles (in Eco mode without AC), 100%, optimized 85%, 75 degree outside. You can feel the heat and hot air blowing when step close to the charging port. Is optimized 85% a concern? It started at 98% then went down as the car was charging (as low as 83% at about 90% charged then went back up to 85% at the end). Thanks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,092 Posts
Same thing happened to me today. Started at 11% SoC and 100% optimized; at 70% SoC it was down to 82%. Oh, and battery health (by OBD) went up by 1%age point. Makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Same thing happened to me today. Started at 11% SoC and 100% optimized; at 70% SoC it was down to 82%. Oh, and battery health (by OBD) went up by 1%age point. Makes no sense to me.
That's super strange. Can you check the value of EV_RANGE_VSC_INITIAL_HV_BATT_ENERGYx100 with jlrpy? It seems the value does not behave for you like it does for me. I might have to make some adjustments.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Unfortunately it shows my old I-Pace ... how do you check a different VIN?
I didn't think about that use case. Somebody else mentioned, a month ago, an issue with multiple JLR cars in inControl setup. I have already added a filter to get only VIN that starts with SADH (Ipace).
Would you prefer to have a dropdown list of VIN or type in the one you want ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts